1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 5/2/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

These same people like LMA's game...

Who gets to the line but never scores in the paint.

But the guy attacking the rim is the flopper...

2. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Not sure about that. I've heard many people call LMA soft because he shoots jumpers and doesn't bang inside.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

True. Imagine Carlisle in charge of this team instead of McHale. No way in hell do they fall to the Blazers.

4. Andrew Wiggins

I agree. He def got it off in time. Knew it when I saw it without the replay. Doesn't matter when they started it.

But the Howard foul. That is what they've been doing ALL GAME to our re-bounders. They grab their arms and push them from behind. It didn't even matter and ALDRIDGE IS STILL DOING IT. That is how much ingrained it is in the Blazers. They know they are getting away with it and the refs aren't calling it.

Once you know what to look for it is really easy to spot it. Take away their three if you take away ours. Let it go to seven.

5. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OuhXX-rtQTI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Andrew Wiggins

^too soon.

You thought I was just being annoying all season, but I was being honest.

Don't worry, Spurs are going to the finals. The NBA won't pass up on the rematch after last seasons ratings.

Yeah, teams that hate Houston:
    Blazers - Still don't know why
    Thunder - beverley
    Jazz
    Lakers - Dwight
    Bulls - Asik
    Knicks - For Lin AND we beat them in the finals the only year they made it
    Magic - Dwight AND we beat them in the finals
    Heat - scared of the Rockets and the amount of attention Dwight received after they won in the finals
    Phoenix - we brawled with them and we beat their asses
    Clippers - LA hates dwight
    Golden State - we beat them a lot, blew them out, set records on them, and got into it with a fan favorite in Draymond Greene.
    Mavs - hate Houston
    Spurs - think they're the best in Texas
    Sacramento - injured their stars

I am sure I left a lot off, like we got into a brawl with the Celtics but I only mentioned older things if they were big reasons.

I agree. All of the people on twitter making fun of everyone after that close game. Lots of haters in Houston. I would understand it if they hated sports, but many of them are LeBron/Kobe fans.

7. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Other fans believe

Harden has no game, is just a flopper and doesn't play defense (is Hitler on other boards)

Bev tries to hurt people

Parsons went Hollywood and is an arrogant prick

Asik is being held down

Howard is a cry baby and a mental midget

Lin shouldn't be in the league (is only because he's Asian)

Lin is being held down by harden iso ball

The Houston rockets are the axis of evil, other fans are popping champagne

Well **** them all

8. Rocketeer Bang

You need to get your eyes examined if you didn't think Lillard was WIDE OPEN on that shot. Even Lillard said himself that he was surprised how open he was.

9. Andrew Wiggins

I don't understand how NBA fans can hate this team. This is what basketball should be and I am proud of how hard these guys play. They are professionals and it's a shame other fans don't recognize all these guys want is to play the game and compete.

Bunch of ****ing hypocrites. Hate harden for flopping when James and Paul are king and queen of the flop.

10. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Only 2 guys on this team attempt to play perimeter defense

Lin and bev

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Harden should have switched.

He was responsible for that. Not Chandler IN MY OPINION.

12. Andrew Wiggins

This is what I dont get about McHale. HE SAID WE WANT THE BALL TO GO INSIDE? I agree with this because it takes longer to get a shot up inside than it does to catch and shoot it on the perimeter UNLESS it is an alley oop. But they dont have anyone who can catch alleys and we would love for Aldridge to get stuffed by Dwight at the rim if they try it.

That said, WHY DID HE USE JONES TO DO NOTHING OUT THERE AND PRETTY MUCH ENCOURAGE THEM TO GO FOR THE THREE? He should have been standing closer to where Lillard shot it and denying the ball to the 4 Blazers players who were on the other side. We want the ball to go to Aldridge 1 on 1 against Dwight in the post with .9 left.

Jones WOULD have come up with either the steal or the block. OR THEY WOULD HAVE PASSED TO ALDRIDGE AND GG. LaMarcus would not have hit a jumper with .9.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I guess McHale thought that pressuring the guy inbounding the ball could result in either a deflection which would lead the clock running out or a bad pass which would lead to a turnover or desperation heave. I agree that he could've(and probably should've) sagged off the guy inbounding and just put all 5 defenders on the other 4 Blazers. But then again, he also should've made sure 2 or 3 Rockets were draped over Lillard.

14. T_Mac_GR

T_Mac_GR Member

the worst thing after this is the comment of parsons saying ''i thought we won'' play the ****ing D loser.

15. Andrew Wiggins

You can pressure the inbounder, but we want the ball to go inside. Why is Jones denying the ball going inside instead of to one of the 4 Blazers players? Especially when we know one of them is going to break free and the Rockets always lose them off screens? Smarten up McHale! Jones could have saved the game.

16. Andrew Wiggins

He did come up with the rebound and the put back. To think what would have happened and he didn't. Lose in overtime? I don't think Lillard goes for a three when they're tied.

17. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

If Chandler misses the game is over and it goes to OT.

18. JazzLakerHater

No offense but none of those Rockets are even close to the level of Dirk and Duncan. Those are 2 of the top 20 players of all time were talking about.

19. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

This team has ZERO synergies, you have Harden and Howard and yet they played individual offense the ENTIRE season. ball STOPS when landed in their hand. There's no PnR to add dynamics to the offense. This is a major disappointment and Morey better do something this off season

20. Dementium

Dementium Member

Don't know if you guys read manga but this the exact plotline most sports mangas follow.

The protagonist team will lose in their first season together in the most heartbreaking of fashions and then come back to win it all next year. Now cue soul searching scenes for the heroes and the intense training that follows. Then cue championship in 2015. XD

Maybe not the kind of optimism you guys want to hear right now, but damn it if I don't think the future is bright.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.