1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On the lighter side.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, May 3, 2014.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Was anyone else laughing their ass off each time they brought Steve Javie (ex-NBA ref) on to analyze the calls?

I believe there were three instances and in each one of those, refs decisions contradicted Javie's take.

This one had be rolling on the floor.

On the .3 seconds play

"Hey Steve, what do you think should happen here?" - ESPN commentator

"Well..uhhh...the clock started late...this would be a tough one if the shot went in...it didnt....uhh...so nothing needs to be done..." - Javie

And as he is saying this, the refs replay the possession with 0.2 seconds instead of 0.3 seconds (so why was 0.1 seconds shaven off?)

Steve Javie with the WTF look on live TV.

#1 Zboy, May 3, 2014
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
  2. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

Every NBA ref should be water boarded. Including ex-ones.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

How'd they get to .2 from .3? Just bizarre. The refs really sucked this series. All those LMA touch fouls while LMA and Matthews mugged Howard and Harden on the other end.

4. MikeMania

MikeMania Member

I also don't agree how it didn't matter if the shot didn't go in. THE FREAKING SHOT CLOCK LIGHT WENT ON BEFORE HE TOUCHED THE BALL. I'm talking about a neon strip bordering the backboard, would that not affect a shot in a high pressure situation??

The 0.3 to 0.2 seconds also confused me.

I honestly thought the Lillard inbounds violation was a sketchy though, we kind of caught a break there.

5. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

It definitely seemed the refs swallowed their whistles on Harden and Lin getting hacked, reached in, bumped. The minute LMA or Lillard got touched it was straight to the foul line. Maybe its just me being a rockets homer.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

lmao when i first saw him all i could think was 'wtf". it'd be hilarious if he was thinking the same thing.