1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1-10 in our last 11 playoff series.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheresTheDagger, May 3, 2014.

1. TheresTheDagger

....since 1997.

Including the only 2 series to ever be ended on a buzzer beater shot according to Gametime on NBATV.

How much does it suck to be a Houston Rockets fan these days...

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That record would be quite different if the Rockets had a clue in the 4th quarter...

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I just said this in the other thread. We are currently the worst team in the NBA since 1997 in terms of playoff series wins. We've got only 1 in the last 17 years. Every other team has had at least 2 since then other than the Bobcats who didn't exist until 10 years ago and the Raptors who didn't exist until 1995 and could still win their 2nd playoff series in that timeframe if they take care of business at home in Game 7 on Sunday.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

AB is the man

1 person likes this.
  5. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

could be 0-11

6. SacTown

SacTown Member

Those Utah game 7 losses with Tmac and Yao were much more painful than this one.

7. TheresTheDagger

Not for me. We lost those games, but nobody ripped my heart out with a dagger.

I guess my moniker couldn't be any more appropriate.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Not for me. Not even close. And btw only one of those two Jazz series with T-Mac and Yao went to 7 games.
    I feel like Lillard just went out and slaughtered everyone I ever knew and loved.
    Literally what it feels like. When is the funeral?

9. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Beverley is the first player in history that had a fever excuse for 3 games in a row lol.
    His doctors failed him

10. Mr. Space City

these heartbreaks are easier to swallow if you just expect the worst.

11. SacTown

SacTown Member

The one with Okur hitting that 3 after the Rockets couldn't get a rebound was worse than this, I mean this was a game 6 in Portland. That game 7 with Yao and Tmac was a game 7, we had it won, at home. It was more painful. Especially with Tmac in tears at the press conf.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PofsN2LgH0I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

It sucks they lost, but I'm not sure I would call it heartbreak. IMO, once you lose the first two games at home, you're probably not winning the series anyway.

13. Mr. Space City

true, but a apart of me thought they could actually force that game 7 at home especially with how unpredictable these playoffs have been.

silly me for having an ounce of belief in the rockets. :grin::(

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It didn't hurt as much because we weren't the overrated, media-hated team that everyone was rooting to lose. I want to win this series so bad, everyone was counting us out and giving irrational love to the Blazers. I hate the Blazers, I hate everyone on their team.

Literally EVERYONE wanted us to get swept, destroyed, and trampled. Everyone wanted Dwight Howard to do what Roy Hibbert has done in the playoffs so they can **** on him. Everyone has dismantled Harden this playoffs.

So much disrespect and bull**** and haters. That's what made the difference. I wanted Lakers fans to choke on their tears, now they are clowning us. Every NBA team is laughing at us right now and it is pissing me the hell off.

Don't get me wrong the series hurt, but it didn't strain my hope and belief in the Rockets like this one did.
    Laying a big old goose egg against the inexperienced Portland Trailblazers?
    We were supposed to have LEARNED from last season. Looks like we didn't learn a damn thing.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aZtxQkay0ac" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The style the rockets play won't be helping them with any other series either. Look at how the 09' team played.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's a tossup, but there are two reasons I might rank this one as worse. First was the way this series was lost on a buzzer beater. That is devastating as a fan and it can't feel good for the players either. Hell, some franchises never recover from those kinds of losses. Just ask the Cavs after that MJ game-winner in 1989.

The second reason is that a strong case could be made that the 2007 Jazz were a better team than the Rockets. They had a solid starting five and a terrific bench. We had 2 great superstars, but only Luther Head and Juwan Howard backing up the starters. If you watched that series, the Jazz just wore us down over the course of those 7 games. We came from behind to win Games 1, 2, and 5, but it finally caught up to us in Game 7.

I don't think the same could be said about the 2014 Blazers. I think the rosters were pretty even. But we were clearly outcoached and it cost us badly in 3 of the 4 losses.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One less home loss and it would be 3-3 and HC advantage

19. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

If Yao wasn't injured in the 2nd round against the Lakers I truly believe we could have made it to the finals.

20. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

It's all on Morey, He had built the team with Yao & TMac, but he couldn't bring a good pf and a pg;
    Now, he brought Harden & Howard, but he can't bring a good pf and a pg. If he had traded Asik and signed Millsap, if he had traded Lin for Lowry, if he had changed McHale to spme defnsive coach like JVG, i don't thing will be same as now