1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones can not be a starter on a championship caliber team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mdoggnic, May 3, 2014.

1. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Say what you want about the boneheaded plays by Lin, the terrible shooting by Harden in the first 5 games, or any other Rockets player who didnt play well in the series. This series loss is pn Terrence Jones. I spent alot of time rewinding and watching him on numerous plays during the series and over and over again his lack of effort killed the Rockets. Look at the replay of the start of the 4th quarter...3 possesions in a row the Blazers came down and took advantage of Jones(offensive rebounds when he was pushed under the rim and a back cut by Thomas Robinson for a dunk). He repeatedly allowed Lopez, Aldridge, and even Thomas Robinson bully him to where he was standing under the oppositions rim. His play was horrible throughout the series and while other players (Lin, Harden, etc) will get most of the credit for losing the series this series loss is on T. Jones.

2 people like this.
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Stopped reading, right there.

Role players are not to blame, regardless if they haven't shown up.

Inb4 "Casspi and Hamilton are to blame because they barely played. If they played, we would have won."

3. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

When you have a team scratching and clawing to win a series and you repeatedly have one guy get outhustled then yes one guy can cost you a series.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Terrence is 22. Not many players are ready to start for a title team at 22. He'll get better but obviously Morey will look at all options.

5. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

Terrence Jones is like a -70 in this series and over 6 games they only outscored us by two!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I hope we can get a 1st rounder from some stupid GM.

6. filamswag

filamswag Rookie

i hate jones effort on even contesting batum's pass

7. basketballholic

This series loss is on McHale who was too slow and stubborn to make adjustments.

8. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Jones had some good offensive possessions (excluding a bad turnover where he looked lost and the shot clock expired).

The defensive effort often seemed lacking from him especially the last play.
    Did he even turn around to look when Lillard caught the ball???

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Fiction: Jones is -70 in the series.

Fact: Jones is -1 in the series.

He needs to learn to play more physically, but that is very normal for a 22 year old big man in the NBA. What we need is a veteran PF who can help him learn the ropes.

10. tfyisrich

tfyisrich Member

Mchale should have had the tallest dude in the team guard the inbounder directly in front. (Dmo was the better option all series) for someone who is a near 7 fter Mchale should know the advantages of size but he did not once use it.
    :mad:

11. Play07

Play07 Member

Trob- changed the game pace and got the crowd in the game tonight, he was a straight bully on boards

12. Jimmy Chitwood

completely agree with the OP

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

14. JazzLakerHater

Yeah let's blame a 22 year old second year player for losing a playoff series lol. We knew entering this series LMA was going to take him to school. It would have been nice for James Harden not to finally show up until game 6.

15. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Not smart TJones

Yes, he is not starting caliper. Weak on defense, a little selfish on offense.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Jones does not know how to block out on rebounds.

I have been harping on this all season long.

It came to bite us in the ass in the second half when McHale put him in during a crucial stretch in the 4th and we gave up rebounds after rebounds.

1 person likes this.
  17. busta_cap

busta_cap Contributing Member

I will not come close to pinning the loss on Jones, but while a decent O player and rebounder, he makes a lot of stupid plays even considering his youth.

18. vernonmaxwell11

what i didn't like was robinson coming in and giving the blazers all sorts of energy and effort plays. he came in strong, played like he had something to prove (sure he did since we traded him), but as annoying as he played, he changed the momentum when he was in there. tjones, i just kept on seeing him throw his hands up like what. i agree with what someone said above, it's definitely not on him. i also want to call out how horrible asik's hands are...how many blown dunk opportunities are you going pass up and realize that you don't lay in, you're 7 effing feet tall, you dunk it down boy. those plays piss me off the most.

19. erapmicks

erapmicks Member

^This. I HAVE BEEN SHOUTING THIS ALL NIGHT LONG ON MY TV. The guy was useless out there

20. perfectweapons

He is just too soft.