1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 5/2/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Another good point. Usually you worry about the inbounders getting the ball back, but with .9 seconds left...

It is poetic if you detach yourself emotionally. Season ends on the defensive end due to bad coaching.

It is one thing to lose games but another for it to be based on simple ****.

2. ribbit

ribbit Member

...And what a way to lose a season. I'm gonna be pissed every time I see this highlight throughout the playoffs and off season... and throughout my life.

3. r00k13

r00k13 New Member

Why do we need to guard the inbound guy anyways? Just double Lillard or Aldridge.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

This is brain dead defense. Happened many times in the season already. This is more like a 5 second play. Lil lard made an incredible shot. We need a change next year.

5. Calamity.12

Calamity.12 Member

Yeah, this is not on parsons. Lillard is just way quicker than him.

6. treeman

treeman Member

This. After games 1 and 2 I have honestly been prepared for this. I was pretty much expecting it, just would have been pleasantly surprised had we done something different.

I'm not gonna worry about it, emotionally the damage was done after game 2.

Changes coming this offseason. Go Spurs! (I'm in the hill country, Spurs are my #2 team... it is what it is :rolleyes: )

7. Danpan

Danpan Member

It should be 5 guarding 4. Why are we guarding the inbound? Why aren't we face guarding the players. So stupid. This is all on the coach.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

that would have been better too

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Over.

When Parsons made that layup I knew we were going to give up a three. Just disgusting, late game defensive lapses have happened to the Rockets all series, so it's a fitting end.

Very disappointing season. This team underachieved. A new coach is in order and better, smarter role players as well. We need to focus more on defense.

As for the series, when you absolutely GIVE away games (1 and 4) you can't expect to get another chance. We lost this series in games 1 and 4 to be honest.

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Lillard had that Ray Allen release

11. beybey

beybey Member

Now we know Lin didnt cost us game 4. Lillard would of made that three anyway..

12. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

13. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

With the state the league is in, I've learned not to invest myself emotionally too much. Still sucks somewhat...

Anyway, the way I looked at it before the playoffs, the worst thing that could happen was the Rockets getting eliminated in round 2 because that was sort of where you'd expect them to be. Round 3 or better -- good season. Round 1 -- Mchale is gone. I mean, he has to be... right? :(

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

i'm ready to fire mchale now. no coach should survive that play no matter what.

15. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

i can't take this, i'm taking a break from clutchfans, from everything, i just want to go to sleep and act like it never happened, the world is a piece of sh**

16. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

i need to go out and watch some movies
    ******* it i can't believe our season ended in this way

17. team5

team5 Member

I seriously Lin should be left in given the defense job he has done. Parson is too slow for Lillard and Bev has no energy (ironic for an energy guy).

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I cant believe this happened...... im really really sad.

19. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I really hope they get rid of conferences next year and just enter the top 16 teams into a bracket.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Lucky a$$e$

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.