1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin fans race to defend Jeremy Lin from Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2014.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Her porcelain veneers actually look decent. Not way too fake like most.

2. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Clever thread, but just a few things.

1.) Obviously Lin is going to say that. He's always overly harsh on himself. (Dw, I voted True in the other poll)

2.) Not everyone who voted false and were saying negative things in that thread were LOFs. I actually saw many "Real Rockets fans" who were against the poll.

3.) I just think it's crazy how much Lin's presence and the LOFs have gotten to Clutch. Having to nitpick a quote and create a poll to troll bait is just something I never thought would happen. He was probably so excited overnight so he could write this article just to get the "gotchya" effect to the LOFs. It's just sad and goes to show how much the quality of the board has declined with all this LOF/LOH **** always going on.

And FWIW, LOFs were WAY worse last year. I feel like many of the extreme ones either left or were rightfully banned. This year is nothing compared to last year. In fact, I think this year I've seen more annoying, extremist "LOFH" than LOFs.

3. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Man. This is exactly the problem I have with some self-claimed Rockets-only-fans and so-called LOH over the so-called LOFs. Why do you have to win over the LOFs? Let them play.

I hated LeBron when he registered his Twitter account name as @kingjames. LeBron was not a Rocket.

But Lin is a Rocket... Please, ROCKETS-Only-Fans??? Why whatever his fan base is doing can cause "the immense hatred for him"? Some of the so-called ROF even booing this particular ROCKETS player on a critical Rockets play-off game? I don't think any of those Rockets-only-fans wanted the Rockets to win that Game 6 by booing a Rockets player.

Some LOFs are irrational, but where's the rationale from the above ROFs?

Instead, all those LOF/LOH bullsh!t from both sides should be stopped, IMO.

Did Clutch win over the LOFs today with this thread? I strongly doubt it. As the forum owner, he can always kick out some LOFs at any time. But as a Rockets fan, I don't think this thread contributed anything to promote the Houston Rockets. It might have done the opposite, Rockets fans.

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is what Clutch did to the Lin fans

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xeLqsvFO31o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Needs of the ROCKETS FANS
    Outweight the needs of ANY LIN FAN

Clutch,
    You did what you had to do, what you always do
    turn Clutchfans into a site full of Rockets fans

6. LandryMegaBeast

this is why i go to r/rockets more than clutchfans nowadays

7. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I think Clutch is turning into Daryl Morey.

8. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well played, good sir. Well played, indeed. :grin:

And them this thread continues proving the point.... Anyway, thanks for what you have created with Clutchfans all these years.

9. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Clutch be like...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Best post of the day.

I am not a LOF but if I am a LOF I would contact all the sponsors on this site and file serious complaints about the site owner/admin.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I just don't see the ratio that you see on this message board. Especially in a game thread. My god are game threads horrible now. The few LOFs that are left on this message board seem to be more reactionary than preemptive.

12. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Not a LOF, but iwouldnt expect the creator of this site to write such a meaningless petty article. Kinda sad

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well played Clutch.

That said I really wish people would quit making Asian / Chinese = LOF. I like Jeremy Lin and am very happy to see a guy who looks like me and comes from a similar background to me making it to the NBA but Lin still frustrates me a lot. Heck I was joking with friend after game 4 that I'm kicking Jeremy Lin out of the Asian club.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm not sure why you distinguish between "have gotten to Clutch" from "how much the quality of the board has declined." The latter is exactly what has gotten to Clutch, if you ask me, and he found a pretty interesting way to underline the decline in decent basketball discourse.

It was a pretty bold attempt to improve things on the board and among the Rockets fans. I don't think Clutch relished a gotcha moment and I would bet he would rather not have spent time on it at all. But, when faced with either more playoffs or, even worse, a fast-approaching disappointed off-season full of the continuing hyperbolic D&D style rhetoric in his beloved board, he tried to make a difference.

I agree it's all just sad.

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It seems as if there's no room for moderates on this forum. Anyone who defends Lin is painted as a LOF. While LOFs do get annoying, you have just as much LOHs. Take a look at the game threads when Lin makes a mistake and you have two pages of people cursing his name. The outrage is never as much for any other player. It is a fact that Lin gets scapegoated more than any other player on this team. No other player gets as much criticism or hate than Lin does, despite being a team game. Everything that happens in a basketball game determines the final outcome, and it's also a fact that Lin doesn't determine what happens every play. He makes bad decisions at times and he also makes good decisions at others, as do the rest of our players. But yet, Lin becomes the scapegoat more than any other players on our team.

Lin is a polarizing player on this team, and he's here until his contract expires or he's traded whether we like it or not. Why can't we all just be Rockets fans and wish the best for our players?

This is my favorite website and I generally have avoided the GARM until the postseason. I've always respected Clutch for his dedication to this team, its fans, and the board, but like others have said, this isn't a flawless victory to call out the LOFs like the Clutch worshippers are claiming. It does seem a bit petty and childish, and it just polarizes the board even more when we should really be rallying behind the team.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

It feels like LOF's are assembling and their leader Lingneto is like...

[​IMG]

18. jason330i

jason330i Member

I don't know if I should feel happy or sad that I didn't get quoted.

I tried to warn you guys. Shame on all of you falling for clutch's trap.

:)

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm sure Clutch's intention for his thread wasn't this but basically as a result.of his article the Lin baiting between both sides is going to escalate. Thanks Clutch for making the situation that you are trying to qwell worse.