1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin fans race to defend Jeremy Lin from Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2014.

1. Silverman

Silverman Member

Yep. Lin is humble. You would never hear harden say that. In the matter of fact, before Game 5, we are down 1-3. Everyone on Rox team who getting a pay check from Les is responsible for this. I admire Lin is the only one said that.

2. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  3. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I was laughing bc I read the headline and thought didnt Lin just say that about himself.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This thread is such a conundrum if you are one of the crazy Lin fans.

The unstoppable urge to post in this thread to have to defend themselves and Lin...

BUT....

....if you respond to this thread, you are only reinforcing what Clutch is saying.

Catch-22.

1 person likes this.
  5. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

The only people complaining about this are people with join dates of late 2012 or 2013. hmmmmmmmm............

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Nah,

if there will be POF, this will be their argument :

Pippen is a HOF player and he helped MJ to build one of the greatest dynasty in NBA history. He is just too good for the Rockets.

Sadly,

LOF won't even dare to have something similar to say about Lin.

7. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

You got them good Clutch!

I guess I'm not a rabid Jeremy Lin fan.

Though Dwight said it best, JLin needs to be confident and the Rockets need Linsanity.

8. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

FISH ON! Hook line and sinker fool lol

9. langal

langal Contributing Member

funny little experiment. If anyone is seriously mad, then they should relax.

This should have been run on April Fools or something.

Ppl - please don't lump all "Lin fans" with "unreasonable".

10. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

First of all, every one is entitled to their own opinion.

Secondly, none of the posts I posted in this thread is about defending Lin. More like people should not get carried away so much so that they judge a player by his fans. Lin is a Rocket and it's a win-or-go-home situation tonight.

11. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Only true because people here no longer actually read the posts...

12. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Posted this in the other thread by accident:

Some Reddit NBA comments about this:

I've noticed lately LOTS of outsiders have such a negative view of this forum now.

I have been reading negative comments about this website constantly from outsiders for like 2-3 months now.

1 person likes this.
  13. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

See, this is what annoys me because it's patently untrue lol, but sure, let's both carry on as if it were.

14. basketballholic

Another Jeremy Lin thread? Seriously? Another Jeremy Lin thread?

I missed the whole previous poll thread. In fact, I've missed the vast majority of the Jeremy Lin threads for months now. Which means I don't read over half the threads on this board. Because every day it's another 5-10 Jeremy Lin threads cluttering up the board.

So, I've got mixed emotions about this one as well. Having caught the OP's name as I quickly scanned past all the Jeremy Lin threads it took me back and was just too tempting to pass up. So I clicked. And now I'm here. Totally torn. Divided down the middle. Part of me laughing my socks off. Part of me wanting to tear up the OP for posting another Jeremy Lin thread. Part of me wanting to post another Jeremy Lin thread with a poll asking how many pages this Jeremy Lin thread will go.

And a tiny part of me saying to me ....you idiot, you just wasted 5 minutes of your time reading (and posting) more of this Lin nonsense.

15. JMG524

JMG524 Member

Lol @ Clutch writing this whole article just because some Lin fans didn't like his thread. Quit being so sensitive.

1 person likes this.
  16. jk103

jk103 Member

We're talking about a guy who got booed on his home court just before saving the Rocket's season. I honestly hope he gets traded somewhere without such a toxic fanbase. What do people expect from their backup PG?

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I wish Harden said that. That he hasn't been the superstar we expected him to be in any of the games this series, followed by a thread and a poll asking if this is true or false?

Point is, I don't think statements made by Jeremy Lin owning up to his own mistakes and under-performing should be used as a rallying cry against the player. If anything it shows he understands the urgency of the situation and is man enough to admit his mistakes.

Where is Harden? Who had the most disappointing series Game 1-5 out of the whole team? It would be really refreshing to hear James Harden say something like that Jeremy Lin said. I would actually have more faith in the team's chances tonight if Harden acknowledged he needs to step up or adjust his playing style for the betterment of the team. When a guy who has clearly under-performs acts like nothing is wrong, that is troubling to me.

I'd like to see him buy into the team attitude and bust his ass on both ends of the court.

Honestly, I'm more pissed at the diva like attitude and pouting by Harden. Wish he would MAN UP, sometime! Hopefully, tonight.. We'll see what happens.

18. sun12

sun12 Member

Clutch is letting social events affect his emotional life. If he could not understand how some LOFs defend Lin, he must not understand what happened on November 4, 2008 when somebody could get all the votes from certain groups.

Clutch is going to suffer until November 8, 2016. This must be devastating for him.

My suggestion, take it easy, be more understanding. Sports fans can not be all rational, that's why they are fans. More page clicks, more revenue, just enjoy it.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Because we are about what "outsiders" think?

Look, I've seen a lot of **** on here since I've joined. Some of it has been great, some of it has been ridiculous, and some of it made me even step away for a minute or two. Fact of the matter is, I still come back because that's where Rockets fans as crazy as I am are on the internet.

The YOF, YOH, LOF, LOH, etc... schtick got old for me fairly quickly years back but I was able to skip those threads because it's of no use to what I want to discuss. Of course this thread is a great exception.

Point is: If you care so much about what "outsiders" think then become an outsider. I can care less how dysfunctional another team's fanboard is because I just don't care.

Don't come in here and post **** from reddit to try and make this board feel bad about how "outsiders" perceive us. There's a reason why they wouldn't understand this board and that's because they're OUTSIDERS.

20. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

r u ok