1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donald Sterling has Cancer

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ric_flair, May 1, 2014.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I wouldnt wish illness or injury on anybody but it doesnt change the fact he's a prick

2. Rockness

Rockness Member

LOL @ this coming out now, if players, coaches, GMs or the NBA does anything differently because he's ill then that would be very sad..that he has cancer has nothing, absolutely zero to do with what he said, why he should be banned and how he should be treated. Everybody has cancer, big whoop.

3. adobo

adobo Member

Silly hypothetical question....would you trade your life now with Sterlings life?

I mean, would you swap ur current life, become a billionaire, own an NBA franchise, live past the age of 80...downside is you have a reputation of being a bit of a racist, and when your 80 years old, scandal breaks out that shows you how racist you are while at the same time your battling prostate cancer?

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

You can't buy time. So no.

5. makio9

makio9 Member

Ironically, the cancer is going to leave some black patches on his balls.

...I'm just saying you guys

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It could be opportunistic and it could be that journalists are doing a lot of digging around him right now because of the interest. Not sure which.

I would not be surprised if the other owners already knew about his cancer. In that regard, I doubt it changes their course of action except maybe they'll tone down the rhetoric in the papers.

7. BinBinRingRing

They say being in a bad mood greatly increases your chance of getting cancer.

8. damnbiochem

damnbiochem Member

prostate cancer is one of the leading causes of cancer death in America. Its very treatable if they catch it early and I thought that the PSA test took care of that but now that a huge new study came out, the PSA test is very controversial. W/o a good screening test prostate cancer sucks.

I don't think it should affect erectile function. if anything treatment for it can cause ED. Radiation and surgery both have chances of clipping the nerves you need for erections.

9. Normalus

Normalus Member

Who cares, he aniway has not much left

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

A large proportion of older men have prostate cancer. It is one of the slowest forms of cancer. I don't want to sound cruel. But I have little sympathy to a rich man revealing a slow cancer right at the time when he got caught.

1 person likes this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't wish ill to anyone. Hope he gets better, and realizes his mistakes.

12. blade andrews

blade andrews Member

Sterling should talk to Charlie Villanueva, who was a cancer to his team and the league. Right?

13. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

These posts have greatly increased my pride in human understanding and empathy.

The guy made a horrible comment. He said words. He didn't physically assault my family, so I don't have some burning vindictive desire for his life to be destroyed. He has been banned from the league, fined 2.5 million dollars, and has cancer, and still people can't resist posting one more pot shot on their internet for some fleeting sense of justice.

Human nature for the win?

#34 napalm06, May 2, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

One in two of us will though. It is a pretty natural part of aging as a human being. In fact if you live to 80, chances are probably better than 50% that you have or have had cancer...

16. cson

cson Contributing Member

I feel bad for the cancer, it shouldn't have to go through something like Sterling.

just sayin'

17. reliableman

reliableman Member

I read as "Sterling is Cancer" and thought, "Duh!?"

Moving on...

18. rudan

rudan Member

First Magic with the Aids and now Sterling has cancer, there is no hope for us all :(

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Didnt he refuse to pay for an assistant coach's prostate surgery? Now look. This dude is going out Joe Paterno style.

20. Awesome

Awesome Member

It wouldn't be the first time Sterling has made headlines over prostate issues.

In 2002, Sterling famously refused to pay for then-assistant coach Kim Hughes to have surgery for prostate cancer. The billionaire's reasoning was that if he made an exception for Hughes to have the $70,000 surgery, he'd have to make it for everyone.

Instead, four players chipped in to pay for the procedure.