1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For the first 5 playoff games, Lin's production has been closer to what could be expected than Harde

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, May 1, 2014.

Tags:
?

For the first 5 playoff games, Lin's production has been closer to what could be expected than Harde

1. True

135 vote(s)
    89.4%
  2. False

16 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Thank you.

It's frustrating to see ClutchFan members act as terrible and ridiculous as they have lately, but it's way more frustrating to see that Clutch him self along with mods have allowed all of this and to a point, seem to be for most of it.

What the hell was the point of Clutch asking if we were pleased with Lin if we discredited his best game of the series? What possible positivity can come from that.

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Quite the understatement.

41-118 or 34.7% on FGs, 12-48 or 25% on 3Pters.

Plenty of reason to pick on our best player.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3992/james-harden

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm not picking on him, I just want to make a point that the Lin hate displayed in some posts has gone way overboard (and I don't mean Clutch when I say hate - I mean the posts that say something like "Jelemy Rin", "**** Jeremy Lin", "Let's boo Jeremy Lin", etc. - Lin's output is close to what it was in the regular season, so I don't think he is the reason we are down 3-2.

The reason is - in my opinion - that we haven't figured out a way as a team to defend their star players while they seem to have found a way to make our superstar inefficient.

4. daRox

daRox Member

this!

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I think Dwight is our best player and have since we signed him. And yeah of course there's plenty of reason to pick on him, and he's been absolutely killed this series. I have expressed frustrations at him as well.

Well, a lot of people felt that his turnover as the primary reason we couldn't get a win we worked so hard for in Game 4.

I think it's coaching honestly. First of all we have to be able to get Harden to some spots where he doesn't have to work so hard to score. We need another trustworthy ball handler out there.

And our defense has been horrible to say the least, everybody knows that. Hopefully the Rockets go hunt for a new coach or at the very least go get an assistant who specializes on defense.

6. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

If we can all just take a step back from all this drama...you have to start from the top to explain why there are so many Lin haters. This one's on Clutch. Didn't see the point of creating that other thread either.

Please guys - support all our Rocket players no matter how much you hate them.

1 person likes this.
  7. bonny1

bonny1 Member

Agree. It's all about the effort.

8. Lihao

Lihao Member

when you got a biased Mod, you got a biased forum

9. TTNN

TTNN Member

well said.

10. daRox

daRox Member

That summed it up for me right there

11. daRox

daRox Member

Great players turn up a notch in the playoffs. Harden is our great player. Hence the expectation.

12. daRox

daRox Member

I'm not sure we're watching the same playoff series.

13. demarco1

demarco1 Member

Peace peace, come on, both's Rocket. both go through up and down. let's give Rockets support.. Go RoxStar

14. demarco1

demarco1 Member

Are you said both thread one about Lin and one about Harden are biased?

Nice.. the answer is let's make peace, and start focus on game 6 , win the game and take the first round from blazers

15. Lihao

Lihao Member

well basically every human being are biased , but not that much problem of a biased post from a forum member than a thread/article from a mod/site creator.you would expect the mod to act more level headed.
    I do agree we should focus on game 6, let's bring the game home

16. jamphus

jamphus Member

agreed.

and harden better give up his hero ball the rest of this series.

17. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Fwiw, the Blazers put Matthews on Lin in the 2nd half of Game 5...

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

9.6 3fga per game while shooting 25.0% is pathetic, Harden seriously needs to step up his shot selection and play more aggressive.

And as you said, people here bash Lin for losing games. But what they fail to understand is that we wouldn't be in these crucial situations with the games tied at the end or us barely leading, if Harden simply stepped up his game and played more close to his regular season numbers.

Sure, Lin had some bad moments in this series, but he's not the reason we are down 2-3 now. With Harden playing up to his potential we'd have advanced to the 2nd round by now.

19. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

+1. and Dwight did just that. He played chill during reg season so that he can turn it up in playoffs :p

20. peter1989212

peter1989212 Member

Everybody is blaming Lin when they are finding every possible excuse for their SO-CALLED superstar James Harden. That's just so ridiculous.
    Is Lin playing well? NO.And how about Harden?
    What's worse is that Harden's poor performances are not a temporay thing. Harden is a undersized player with limited skills and speed. If other teams really want to play defense on him, they can always find a way. I won't deny that Harden is a good player, but good is the best he can ever be, he will never reach the next level that is called great.
    As for Lin, I think his Rockets career has come to an end, he didn't become the player we expected him to be. However, no team wants him with his 15M dollar contract next year and his poor stats. So most likely he will stay in this team one more year.
    Can we get anything by trading Asik? What kind of contract shoud we give Parsons? There is a lot of work to do for Morey this offseason.