1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight invoking Linsanity

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Terry Teagle, May 1, 2014.

1. yummyhawtsauce

me either, but I Just skip reading some of them because they are so dumb. but the other spectrum is you have people making threads that could easily go into a game thread or another. people are just so attention seeking these days it's pretty annoying.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He's saying this in public, but when he meets with Morey he's gonna ask that Lin+Parsons+picks be traded for Rondo.

1 person likes this.
  3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I liked what Lin did last night and I liked that he actually hold on to the ball. I give him props to that. But the series isn't over yet, he still has a lot to do.

4. jamphus

jamphus Member

what's the advantage of acquiring Rondo?
    we already got a PG "Harden" dribbling all the time.:confused:

5. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Dwight has lost faith in Harden. With Bev sick and injured he's praying another guard shows up.

6. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Dwight is showing his leadership, and has taken over the team. It's still H-H's team, but Howard is obviously a more vocal leader.

7. yummyhawtsauce

this is good news i guess, the offense looked well structured when Lin was using PNR and wheeling and dealing to his teammates

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Dammit guys the chills. The chills are strong today.

9. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Dwight showing some much needed leadership.

Respect.

10. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

So your analysis is that it's cool that Dwight works to build Lin up, and his next step should be to tear Harden down?

Yes we somehow need to get Harden to play defense, but the juxtaposition there is a bit jarring.

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

It's like this team and the team 20 years ago have so much in common, it's scary. The fact that they believe they can still pull this series off shows something, the toughness and mentality is there. Damn it is Friday yet?!

12. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

Finally.... the Rockets have a leader on the court

13. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Beardsanity is such a ripoff of linsanity by worrell and co, it never took off

14. torocan

torocan Member

Well, it could also be argued the Linsanity is a rip off of Vinsanity (Vince Carter).

Still, Linsanity/Vinsanity makes a TON more sense than Beardsanity.

Vin/Lin/in is a play on words. I've never been a fan of "beardsanity". Beard/in is kind of just forcing the words to fit.

Now Fear the Beard... that works. :grin:

15. photojoe

photojoe Member

I love the quote from Dwight. I have liked him all season, but he has been, for the most part, phenomenal during these playoffs.

We have played two games in Portland. Both of which, neither Jeremy Lin or James Harden had very good games, but we still won 1 and were close enough to say we could have pulled off the win in Game 4 as well.

We can win Game 6 in Portland. Even if one of those guys doesn't perform as well as they are capable of. We have a balanced enough team with enough players who are capable of stepping up and filling those voids if we need them.

It won't be easy. We will need guys to step up. If we build another double digit lead like we have had in every game of this series so far (I think?), then we need to do a better job of holding on to that lead and to keep attacking!

16. photojoe

photojoe Member

When was the last time Rondo has been good? I haven't seen a good Rondo on the court in what seems like forever.

17. FeaR

FeaR Member

If Harden invoke a trade will be fun for Howard. Post up all day. We can bring back C.Lee at 2 also trading Harden. Lin/Bev - Lee - Parsons - Asik - Howard. First round exit bound.

18. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Got to love Dwight, get Lin to watch Linsanity to hype him. He's so positive I could see DH's personality being a selling point for a guy like Melo wanting to play on this team.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's nice to see Dwight pumping the young fellow-up. That might explain why Lin is playing better despite his troubles.

I think Linsanity is the perfect name for him. He drives us all linsane in the 4th quarter and he seems to be a bit of a mental case himself. You never know what you get from Lin - it could be greatness, it could be horror. It's truly Linsanity.

And then when you throw in all the LOF's and LOH's, it becomes LINSANITY!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  20. infinite-loop

infinite-loop Member

Forget Linsanity, just show Lin the tape of game 5!