1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: our locker room is having issues. Some are obvious and some are a bit unspoken

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IBTL, May 1, 2014.

1. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

If true what a bad timing. Thats what the regular season is for, to work out all the kinks. Someone is not buying into the team concept, I wonder who?

2. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

made me laugh!

3. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

LOL I like your style. I too wanna know what's up if there is anything at all.

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yeah I'm not sure why you guys are hating on IBTL. If someone is making vague claims of insider info they should either clarify or not say anything at all. Because really, nothing relevant is being discussed and a lot of seemingly baseless nonsense is being spewed from multiple posters.

5. FeaR

FeaR Member

Everything is ok(not sources). We just want sth to complain about all the time.

6. dk808

dk808 Member

pretty sure being down 3-1 was a major reason why there would be tension.

7. N/A

N/A Member

if the glares that harden and howard give each other as well as on-court screaming aren't enough to indicate tension in the lockerroom, I don't know what is.

8. Mr Chuck Norris

I think Howard called out Harden privately. And Harden is adjusting. I don't think they actually have tension, but I think Hardens ego got checked by Howard. Now the next guy is Parsons who needs it checked. But if he keeps playing well it's not going to be noticed as much.

9. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Howard - You need to step up your defense!

Harden - We need to run the offense through me!

Howard - We need to win!

Harden - I need the ball!

Howard - Then steal the ball!

Harden - **** you!

1 person likes this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Why would they do that? Being vague gives you wiggle room to avoid ever being proven wrong and you still get the boards attention.

Every single message board for a sports team in the history of message boards for sports teams have had "insiders" with vague information that never leads anywhere but yet is never quite proven wrong either.

#70 justtxyank, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  11. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

I am sure its just tenison after losing a play off games they are so close to winning, anyone would be pissed. Harden is just having a really bad series and i am sure his body language is garbage right now.

Also, durning the regular season when Howard or the rest of the team post photos of their trips or things they do has ANYONE seen a pic with Harden in it? So i wouldnt look to much into this.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

glares? I have noticed Howard setting picks and Harden not wanting to take them because he wants ISO every damn time.

13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

The locker room is fine. Don't worry.

This is just noise.

14. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I wonder how our locker room issues compare to what is going on in Indy or OKC?

#74 Rip Van Rocket, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  15. izeroi

izeroi Member

C'mon, you don't know who the Codman is?

We'll see how old everyone is if they know who the person is in this picture lol

[​IMG]

16. makio9

makio9 Member

Harden dished 7 assists and got 17 points from 15 shots. Most of that pain came from shooting 3's where he was 1-7. I don't think Harden played badly.

What should be talked about if we were optimists and not pessimists is keeping LeMarcus Aldridge to 8 points. Did you hear about that? I haven't seen it mentioned once.

1 person likes this.
  17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

No kidding. If things aren't tense in a lockerroom down 1-3 in the playoffs, something isn't right.

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know what's going on in the Rockets locker room. There might be some rough spots with people being called out for their mistakes and not liking it.

But those things aren't necessarily serious and hopefully everyone can get over it and focus on winning.

Harden played some good D in game 5 and hit some clutch baskets. Maybe that will put him on the right path for the rest of the playoffs.

I think part of his problem is how much pressure he put on himself and trying to do too much on the offensive end to correct his poor results. It's easier said than done but if Harden could just focus on defense right now, and let the offensive flow come back to him during the game, I think he'd be alright.

Whatever the Rockets issues are in the locker room (if there really are issues), I think it would be better for the Rockets to solve them in the locker room and nothing of what's going on there to leak out onto the internet.

Internet fueled rumors won't help fix anything.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Probably Harden's fault.

Chandler mentioned James' iso-ness a few months back. It's frustrating being open and not getting the ball because someone jacked up a tough shot (although he can make difficult shots). Add James' usual defensive effort and it could definitely stifle a locker room.

Harden needs to mature.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The problem with discussing stuff on the internet right here. Chandler never mentioned Harden's isoness in a negative manner.

Chandler said something about sharing the ball and having many guys who could contribute, and people jumped on it claiming he was mad at Harden's isos. Then it was shown with additional footage that Chandler was in no way upset about Harden's play. But so many people already had it in their mind that something that never happened actually did.