1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/30/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 29, 2014.

1. DreamEarlNolan

Exactly. Harden often wouldn't shoot well from the field during the regular season but would make up for it at the free throw line. I think Harden often used going to the line to get him going offensively when he struggled. Not getting calls is really negatively affecting his overall game in this series.

2. SunsRocketsfan

Jeffries played D.

3. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

It makes me sick to see how awesome Lillard is playing and we have our superstar guard doing jack.

The ONLY thing that makes me feel better is at least I know Durant and Westbrick choked too. Harden isn't the only one.

4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

If I'm not mistaken :grin: I remember them beating us at home to seal the deal. Don't want that part of it again.

5. rocketsmetalspd

I am hoping for the Rockets to win this game in regulation. Please no OT, I don't think my heart can take it.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The coach has no idea what he's doing.

Tjones gets like 6 points on LMA...then we go away from it.

Team moves the ball...then we go away from it.

It's on the coach to drill this stuff in the players heads. When you see them doing their own thing tell them to do the right thing or replace them with a player that will.

1 person likes this.
  7. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

I guess he's still passed about the 5 mil

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Harden needs to step it up. Being outplayed by Lin of all people.

9. autoprt

autoprt Member

i hope the team comes out strong 3rd quarter and doesn't go cold. that's when we lose our leads.

10. moetherolla

moetherolla Member

The rockets are lead by 2 petulant children. Their potential is great, but when the going gets tough, they remind us they are children.

11. rawdeele

rawdeele Member

Let's bench Lin so that he doesn't ruin the goodwill he has generated so far.

12. Darmonx

Darmonx Contributing Member

i know.. if Lin can get in the lane why can't Harden who can finish better.. i'm boggled.

13. jonstarks

jonstarks Member

if Jared Jeffries took 30 shots a game.

14. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Well Chuck, maybe if the refs called the game fairly, Howard wouldn't get those fouls. It's so painfully obvious they call the game different for Howard as opposed to other players. Same thing when Yao was playing here.

5-16 from three is troubling. We are shooting way too many, namely Harden. And most of those threes don't even come in the flow of the offense, just looking for a home run when singles and doubles have been what has built us a lead, Harden again.

Harden, attack the basket. None of this three point shooting or 12 foot shots, go all the way to the basket. This is the end if we lose, I wish I saw the desperation in Harden's play I see from most everyone else.

15. songunsw

songunsw Member

Harden is saving the energy for the OT...

16. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Agree....why aren't we showing the refs how often LMA pushes off ? You know, even if you drew a T for doing so, it would alert them and make the refs be LOOKING for it. McHale someone should grow a pair.

17. SHARKLIN-SOUP

SHARKLIN-SOUP Member

We need to build a very large lead, one where we cannot lose in the 4th qtr..20 point lead enough?

18. mig0s

mig0s Member

Lolll that head scratch tells everything... Harden just doesnt know how to defend. People should tell him the most simple: watch the person you guard, not the ball.

19. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Good news is that Dwight should be fresh for the 2nd half. Go at Aldridge and get him in foul trouble.

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The Harden head scratch is beyond funny. Keeps me laughing instead of crying.