1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3.6 to 1 Odds For Rockets Comeback

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmacfor35, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

wagershack

3. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Those odds are crazy. I guess if you consider that we're the favorite tonight, a slight underdog in game 6, and a favorite in game 7, it's closer that most people believe.

I would give us a 1 or 2% chance of coming out this series to be honest, being down 3-1. I guess not enough people are betting on Portland to move the line down.

#23 Visagial, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  4. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Anybody know how to bet on series outcome instead of just tonights game and what sites are good to do this?

5. Convictedstupid

I'm hoping you win that $720.

6. tmacfor35

I expected a minimum 6-1 so it was a little alarming when I checked it out this morning.

Mario Ellie's speech must have made its way to Vegas:grin: LOL!

7. tmacfor35

I think all of Clutchfans wishes for that too happen! We will see.

I love my team. Hopefully they can make it happen for me.

I would love to see James harden pass the ball more tonight and stop looking to get fouled.

This need needs to shoot 30+ threes.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Those odds seem about right to me.

The Rockets and Blazers have played 4 games and the Blazers have outscored the Rockets by only 7 points, even though they are up 3-1.

The series could easily be 3-1 Houston or 2-2, so there is no reason to believe that it may even all out, which would mean a 7 game series.

The Rockets have 2 of the last 3 at home.

It isn't easy to win 3 straight, but based on what I have seen it is certainly not a 5% proposition as some are saying, I would say the Rockets have a 20%-25% chance of winning the series.

If the Rockets win tonight then the odds creep up even higher. A win on the road in game 6 would make the Rockets the favorites in a game 7.

9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Those are really good odds. Vegas clearly sees us as a better team and understands how fluky/lucky/(SHOULD NOT HAVE WON IF OFFICIATED CORRECTLY) the Blazers 3 wins are.

If every game was 50/50, which is reasonable considering how close every game has been, Rockets should have a 1 out of 8 chance in winning this series.

Doing the math, this means Vegas sees us as a 65% favorite in a single game against Portland.

10. tmacfor35

So that is the same chances of Terrence Jones hitting three free throws in a row basically? LOL

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wfhhBN9L8Sg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Yeah the odds were the same after we went down 2-0.

13. pakattak

pakattak Member

These games have been so close and so down to the wire, those odds seem about right to me.

If there was any team that could go so hot or cold to potentially win out after being down 3-1 it's the goddang rockets.

14. W-Mac

W-Mac Contributing Member

Not necessarily. IF it gets to Game 7 you could hedge by putting money on Portland to lock up $ regardless of what happens. Figure Portland would be the underdog with the game in Houston, so you could play Portland + the points, or moneyline. If your Rockets to win the series bet pays $720, I'd throw $360 on Portland + the points and hope you "middle" and win both bets.

15. tmacfor35

Absolutely right. Get it tonight, and I think I am in good shape.

16. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

We get $4 here but that isn't much better. I am more optimistic if you break down the odds to win the series into individual games:
    Game 5: HCA. $1.4 to win. That's -6 points.
    Game 6: $2.0. That's -2 points or so.
    Game 7: HCA. Same as game 5.

We need to beat the crap out of the Blazers in game 5. This will put some doubt into them and instill much needed beliefs in us! A big win in game 5 will set up a tough win in game 6. Finally go for the kill in game 7!

17. steady

steady Member

I think tonight is the hardest game of the next 3. If the Rockets can win tonight, the going gets much easier in IMO. I know this is not conventional wisdom.

18. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Correction made for game 6.

19. steady

steady Member

This ... exactly.

20. amak316

amak316 Member

For those of you who aren't as familiar with betting lines, Vegas essentially is giving us a 22% chance to win this series still (and they are almost never more than a few percentage points off) so contrary to popular belief the sky is not falling.

Try to flip a coin twice in a row, the odds of the rockets winning are very close to the odds of you calling the side right both times.