1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/30/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 29, 2014.

1. tripleJD

tripleJD Member

Bench Lin in the 4th, and don't bring him in for "defense", in case he makes a fool of himself.

Win big or go home.

2. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Dmo isn't gangster like that. Has to be Garcia

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Let's see if this team has any heart. Can't say I expect much tonight, but we shall see...

4. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Harden needs to step up
    Dwight needs to dominate the paint
    Asik needs to lock LMA up
    Bev needs to step up his D on Lizard
    Parson is the best SF in this series so we good
    TJones needs to stay away from LMA
    Lin.....welll he needs to sit on the bench

5. Rockness

Rockness Member

If we don't knock Mo Williams the f out or at least knock him down, I don't want us to win and I'm dead serious. You cannot let a guy talk about Trey Daniels like that.

6. treeman

treeman Member

If none of the refs show up to the game I think we have an excellent chance tonight. Otherwise... It seems like an uphill battle.

Then again, it's entirely possible that NBA wants it to go to 6 or 7 games, so maybe the refs will decide the game differently tonight. Seems lately that they are the ones who determine the outcomes of the games, not the players or coaches.

7. dookiester

dookiester Member

It's a little pathetic how this ten-year plus veteran is trying to trash talk an undrafted rookie who's played in less than a hundred minutes in the pros. But after thinking about it a little more, it has to be an intentional move on Mo's part to get into Daniels' head, knowing that he has been ice cold and clutch for us. We as a team can't fall for that.

I'd personally like to see us do nothing except win to shut him up...an intentional (not even flagrant) foul at the wrong time could cost us precious points in a series that has gone to three overtimes, and in that situation, even if we hurt him, Mo Williams will be cackling all the way to the podium after they close us out.

8. dookiester

dookiester Member

I meant to say ice cold blooded.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Today at the edge of our hope, at the end of our time. We have chosen to believe in each other! Today we face the monsters (Blazers) that are at our door, today we are cancelling the apocalypse!

GO ROCKETS!

[​IMG]

10. yummyhawtsauce

Wolverine mutant xfactor healing catching up to him...

11. yummyhawtsauce

Bev needs more cowbell.

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

No Williams is a scrub journeyman. Dude has no room to act like that. Karma will catch up to Portland. It may or may not be with us but it will for sure.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Well if you believe that history repeats itself, Clyde was very sick in Game 5 of the 1995 Suns series.

14. DreamEarlNolan

My gut tells me this game will follow the pattern of the series up to this point. Rockets establish a lead, Rockets lose the lead, all the game changing calls will go for Portland, with the game ultra tight at the end the Rockets will either make a back breaking mistake or the refs will make a horrible call to give Portland the win. I really hope I'm wrong. If we can get past this game it gives me hope knowing that game 6 will be an ESPN game. The Rockets have fared much better on that network than they have on TNT. Win or lose I love my Rockets. Really don't want to see the season end tonight. Kick their @ss Rockets!

15. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I really feel we're gonna win this one. We just need the ball to be less sticky and we need more zip, pop, and crack. And we just need to get more rebounds and just play harder.

16. yummyhawtsauce

was he sick throughout the series though? bev has been kind of lackluster since the illess combined with the injury. his intensity has been missed - lillard is having a field day

17. yummyhawtsauce

correction: lillard has been having a field day. hopefully he doesn't tonight

18. TDRox

TDRox Member

No need for any hand-wringing guys. The game's on TNT, we're doomed. The Basketball Gods have spoken. Hard to win playing 4 on 10. (4 Rockets, 5 Blazers, 3 Refs, Jeremy Lin, Basketball Gods) :(

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Make your travel plans; going back to Portland after this one.