1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA to rescind Game 4 Technical on Dwight Howard...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Apr 29, 2014.

1. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

It's so true that good guy always finish last. I bet if this is CP3 instead of Lin,
    Call will blow immediately against Lillard.

2. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

3. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

It's not that the refs are crooked or that the NBA is against us.

It's that the officials are just terrible. Unbelievably inadequate, across the board.

The NBA is a league with a rule book that is impossible to enforce and athletes that are far too big and fast for the refs to keep up with.

And like others have posted, I'm on the edge of leaving the NBA. It's just not worth it.

I've followed the NBA for 30 years. It's always been a problem. But when the games and matchups are as close as they are now, it becomes glaringly obvious what an insane and indefensible rational position it is to invest any emotion or care into what is essentially a random lottery of who gets hosed worse by the refs.

Neither team in this series has any clue what a foul is. It's why the Portland fans are pissed, too.

The refs just suck. They're not good. Not remotely good enough.

They have ruined what should have been a delicious, delightful series.

The "winner" in the series is often the team/coach/owner who best plays the political angle of pressuring the refs/league into sucking a little less on their behalf.

It's so close to just being a total joke.

Mr. Morey, if you read this...I'm a lifelong Rockets fan who has waited a decade for you to put together a team I could invest real hope into. As an out-of-town fan, I invested the money in the League Pass. I plan not to do so next year. I know you're probably very hamstrung in what change you can accomplish, but I urge you to use every means available to you to push for officiating reform.

There are other entertainment options out there. I'm quite fond of the job you've done and the franchise you work for, but your league will eventually lose me and others if the level of officiating cannot rise to the other levels of quality your league provides.

Thanks for listening.

1 person likes this.
  4. queazie

queazie Member

yeah NBA keep rubbing salt on our wounds... apologies are cheap, what are you going to do about it?! pfft...

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. sn09

sn09 Member

I don't know about you, but the NBA rescinding the tech seems more insulting to me than anything else.

It's like they're rubbing it in our faces.

7. queazie

queazie Member

Dwight doesn't care about the money or your silly reputation. He wants the stolen wins from us! Give it back to us NBA, give it back... I dare you...

8. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

So.. League still mad Howard chose the rockets? Refs secretly in league with Portland for revenge because of 09 playoffs? Are the refs just dumb? So many questions so little time!

#nbaconspiracies

9. coffeelover665

You know what these apologies feel like? It feels like your girlfriend cheating on you and then begging you for forgiveness and telling you she won't ever ever ever ever do it again. Then she does it again in 3 days.

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

This is so infuriating!! We would be up 3-1 if not for missed calls

11. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

In all honesty, I want every game called fairly, but the refs owe us a game officiated in our favor.

Harden hasn't gotten near the calls he got in the regular season... They should give him those calls tonight!

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

they rescind the technical foul in a game we went to overtime in.

they said the foul call should've been on freeland in a game where dwight hitting two wouldve put us up in OT with seconds left.

like cmon.

13. mig0s

mig0s Member

Yeah rescinding a foul is stupid when you first think about it especially when they caused us 2 games... but if you think again, would you prefer the NBA not recognizing their errors? I guess it's better than nothing.

14. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

No it feels like your girlfriend stabbing you in both eyes, leaving you blind, then after 2 days she comes back and says "I'm really Sorry, don't worry I saved part of your eye balls"

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

salt in the wounds.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Give us one game when we reached the limit

17. Maikeru

Maikeru Member

So what actions are taken by the league against the refs who made the wrong calls? We should have a 2 game advantage not 2 game disadvantage. Nothing? Then apology not accepted.

18. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

i demand a replay of that game

19. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

or at least fire that ref....it's like someone crashes into your car and just says, "oh ****, my bad! my insurance will take care of it."

20. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

You know, as much as Lin messed up and as mad as I am at him it is ridiculous that CP3 at least got an apology for a reach in foul that was missed. This reach in by Lillard slowed Lin down enough for Mo Williams to catch up just in time to swipe a steal. Lin is fast enough to outrun most people on the court for a fast break, we've seen him do it before. We've seen Lin drain foul shots in crunch time before, that would have made a difference. Especially tying the game to 2-2 series. Really hope they push this to the NBA FO as well.