1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There Will Be a Game 7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by freddyg956, Apr 28, 2014.

1. ASTROnomical

ASTROnomical Member

How about the fact that Mo A**hole Williams was CLEARLY out of bounds after tipping the ball away from Lin. Reminded me of the Michael Finley play in 04-05 when he in fact HE was CLEARLY out of bounds to save the ball back into play..none the less, I got faith, true fans have faith, and Mr. Williams may just have woken up a giant by going after Troy. Mark my words, THIS SERIES is going 7 and when that happens, Id love for Troy to blow kisses of death to all the Blazers all game long as we drain 3's for days ;)

2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

let's just hope we have some guys in the locker room telling them they can win or else it's over.

3. treeman

treeman Member

OP, why would you do this? Make a jinx thread?

Don't you understand how this stuff works?!?

4. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Unless we make a coaching change today...its over my friend. Sadly, McHale sucks so bad at coaching, all the player hate involved...Lin, Harden are the results of bad coaching. Harden should be benched for hero ball and horrendous defense, lack of effort....Lin should be benched for poor decision making, playing out of control....McHale is the reason for not telling these players what to do. He is their friend, not their coach.....fine line between being a players coach and a players friend....

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This. I hope they don't think like a lot of posters here do. Dream posted that great message on his FB today, Mario Elie, Barkley, Kenny all think it can be done -- I hope they believe it too.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'll believe in them once they show they can close out a game. It's painful watching them consistently collapse in the 4th quarter. Portland always knows they can come back because the Rockets are inevitably going to collapse.

But I'd love to be proven wrong...

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

ITA. I don't even bother getting optimistic if/when we're up 10+ anymore. But towards the end of the regular season, we'd started closing out games we would have let slip earlier in the year. Wish we could get back to that. Honestly, we were clicking so well through February/March, limped into the postseason, and haven't really bounced back yet. Very frustrating, but I'm gonna stay hopeful until someone wins a 4th game.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What worried me for the whole season.
    Inconsistency, Bad in-game decisions, 4th quarter droughts, few team assists, no flow at the end and turn overs
    Above all spotty defense

Those carried over to the postseason. It will need more time

9. yummyhawtsauce

play the small ball lineup down the stretch, TT down the stretch killed us bc we needed to score

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If we can hold out for a game or two, I'm almost certain that LMA and Lillard will regress to the mean.

There is just no way they keep this up. No way!

11. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

lilliard may but not lma on asik. lam on tjones different story

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

As much as I want to believe it, we've been saying this same exact thing since Game 2. They just own us. The reason we won in the regular season is because Harden owned them as well, which hasn't been the case in the playoffs.

13. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Rockets can win.

14. SHARKLIN-SOUP

SHARKLIN-SOUP Member

If we get to Game 7, yes the home team has the advantage

15. BlueJazz

BlueJazz Member

There should be a Game 7, because we are the more talented team, yet that's the most frustrating part of this whole series.

Every game we lead by 10+ points going in the the 4th, then our offense tightens up, McHale doesn't run any plays, our defense goes to ****, Harden and Dwight refuses to run PnR, we blow lead....

We've seen this movie over and over and over.

Unless we can blow them out with 30+ point lead going into the 4th, it's very hard to beat them 3 times in a row with out 4th quarter "game plan".

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

that is so great, Rockets did not exactly won their first two home games.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

HCA has been non existent these playoffs.
    Road team records are better than home team records.
    Completely baffling.

I'm starting to think it has to do with the way Silver is handling officiating. Maybe Stern really did tip the games in favor for the home teams.

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Keep Lin on bench and we might have a chance. This Troy scenario is starting to remind me of Sam Cassell pushing Scott Brooks to the bench. It needs to happen fast

19. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

it would be fitting story wise. so many close overtime games. everything coming down to the second. pushed to the limit.

20. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

harden's gotta lead us. his impact on this series can far outweigh any other player in this series. yes even moreso than LMA or lillard or dwight. if he shows up, like 30 ppg sort on hyper efficiency which he's capable of doing...then maybe...just maybe we got a series. i know it's a team game. i preach that. i definitely don't wanna label everything on one player like everybody does on this board....but harden sets the tone for our team and he's been pretty darn awful in this series. and he's more than capable of leading us based on the growth he's shown during the regular season. LET'S GO HARDEN. LET'S DO IT. LEAD US.