1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's critical turnover in Game 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TesseracT, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That entire sequence of play he was running around like a headless chicken.

Once Lin secured the rebound, the 9 players in the court were in 2nd gear while Lin was frantically scrambling around in 6th gear. Where was he going???

The Blazers sensed blood and pounced on Lin.

[​IMG]

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

And another thing regarding this 3-1 deficit. Just because the Rockets have to win only one in Portland, doesn't make it any easier. Last year, the Nets were down 3-1, won Game 6 in Chicago, and forced a Game 7 in Brooklyn. The Bulls won on the road though. And flash back to 1995 when the Knicks were also down 3-1, won Game 6 in Indiana, and forced Game 7 back at MSG. The Pacers won there.

It's very difficult to win 3 straight games against a team you've lost 3 out of 4 to. Especially when a big reason you're down 3-1 is because your superstar guard plays no defense and is shooting poorly and braindead mistakes like Lin's keep happening.

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I cried on this play. Why did Mchale put Lin back in when he played bad before?

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

So clutch is a Lin hater because he made a video showing the critical Lin play which cost us the game?

Clutch is saying it as it is.

Want these kind of threads to go away?

Tell your God to not turn the ball over and give the game away.

We dont practice censorship here simply to protect a player's image.

[​IMG]

5. Code Red

Code Red Member

My question here is that, could someone else have called timeout? Why didn't McHale or any of the other players call timeout? I was screaming the whole time at my TV. "TIMEOUT TIMEOUT!!!"

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

No, it shows that I closed it until we could talk it out and see what we were gonna do with the subject.

It is a subject that is generating lots of discussion, so it was either gonna be this thread or a new one just for the Lin b****ing....he decided to use this one.

Thats why he is the boss.

FTR...I still hate this thread, but bow to #1's decision.

7. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

You know what sickens me about Lin and his fans? The complete lack of humility. Hey Lin how about an APOLOGY to your teammates and FANS of the Rockets for your monumentally stupid play that cost us game 4 and most likely the series. YOU cost us Game 4. Own up to it like a man.

What do you hear instead from Lin and his apologists? DEFLECTION OF BLAME and pointing the finger the other way. That is what pisses off me and a lot of other people. How about having the humility to apologize. Nope. Not when you have chauvinists who think because of their ethnicity they are better than other people. It is sickening.

8. downbytheriver

1 person likes this.
  9. pakattak

pakattak Member

You're kidding, right? You didn't hear Lin's postgame?

I don't care about what his fans say because they're fans.

10. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I agree about his extreme fans, but show me anything that suggests Lin pointing the finger at anyone but himself. He HAS owned up to his mistake. Why don't you actually look things up instead of spouting off nonsense?

11. Code Red

Code Red Member

You're sickening...

12. downbytheriver

Kid has been owning up to mistakes for the past 2 years but done nothing about it despite going to college for 4 years. All book smarts, no real world instinct

13. t3ddt3ch

t3ddt3ch Member

Thats one game. Please tell me how one player loses a whole series...

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't say Lin lost us the series, but his idiocy certainly has put us behind the 8 ball so to speak. Instead of going home 2-2, we are now in a 3-1 hole. He basically sounded off the death knell.

15. t3ddt3ch

t3ddt3ch Member

I'd say 15 million dollars is real world instinct...

16. downbytheriver

That's Asian charitably and charlatanism. a community desperately seeking a face to overcome their deep insecurities willing to look past the core of the GAME OF basketball know this. Hardcore fans have known this since the beginning. that's why the unraveling is backfiring and the asian american community is distancing themselves

Can't take pride in that , anyone who's made their own fortune, though small, from the ground up (ME) knows that. of course, good on jeremy for trying hard, but blame goes to morey or les who dug their own grave with this trickery

17. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

Lin's fans on this bbs have been blaming everyone BUT Lin. Show me where Lin and his fans have shown any CONTRITION and HUMILITY. They have shown none. Lin has not accepted blame. He should be falling on his sword and asking for forgiveness from his teammates. He likes to spout off about Scripture but he never puts into practice the act of contrition or seeking forgiveness.

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If you cough up the ball(and basically the game) with 33 seconds left and your team up 2, and as a result you go from a 2-2 tie coming home to a 3-1 deficit which only 8 teams have ever come back from in NBA history, then I don't think it's hyperbole to say that Lin potentially gave away this series.

Let's not candy coat it. If the Rockets were going into Wednesday's game tied 2-2, they'd be the prohibitive favorite to win this series. The Blazers would be reeling. The Rockets would have renewed life. And they'd also have the home court advantage again.

Instead, they now have to win 3 in a row including one in Portland which is a far more difficult task. And that's thanks in large part to that horrible turnover by Lin.

19. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Because Lin is clutchfans scape goat.

20. ERC

ERC Member

Can't speak for the Lin fans (I share your sentiment there), but Lin himself did owe up to it. He admitted he should've called time-out and said, "It's on me." Granted, Lin owing up to it does ZILCH to change the outcome of the game, but at least he did.

And why is everyone saying Lin costs us the series? Game 4, sure - no argument there, but the series?! Let's be clear: A. the series ain't over and B. we wouldn't be in this predicament if our superstar showed up in our first 2 games, AT HOME.