1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 5 Predictions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by awc713, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Lin TOV cost the Rockets game, again.

McHale fired the next day.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Prediction: if the Rockets are trailing or have the lead by less than 5 points with 3 minutes left, the Rockets will lose.

Move over, Zach Lowe!

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

with 3 games to burn for Portland expect to see lots of fouls and baiting from portland.

Portland can't win on their own.

The real test is whether howard and harden get ejected or fall for it.

1 person likes this.
  4. archinkent

archinkent Member

Hopefully we don't give up 120+ points again.

5. tada

tada Member

I know all the hate Lin gets and his boneheaded plays at times. BUT! BUT! Shockingly, I wanna see Lin start on Game 5 (in place of Beverley). I know. I know. This is blasphemy. However, if we still give up 110-120 pts to Blazers regardless of starting Beverley, wouldn't it be better to go all out on offense? Sure there will be few boneheaded plays (note; Every Rocket makes at least one during the game). But, at least ball would start to move and our offense would flow better.
    If we can't stop them offensively and we are lamenting on our ball movement, why shouldn't we do this?
    Plus, I wanna give Lin one more chance to redeem himself before all said and done.

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Predication? I have been saying this for a year, the rockets are unpredictable, they can beat any them, can also lose any team too. They are just play the YMCA basketball.

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Win or go home is not the time for a redemption game. Neither Lin nor Bev have been offering much offensively, but I trust Bev infinitely more with the ball.

Anyway, I think we win. I also think HOW we win will say a lot about this squad.

8. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

it looks like harden already has.

9. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

we win by double digits, in spite of mchale, due to mo williams clowning daniels.

10. KlutchQT

I really hope that gave them some extra fuel. Seriously.

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

D Mo get a flagrant on Mo Williams:cool:

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

it did. But its also playing into the reality that an ejected howard or harden is exactly what they want.

Portland is going full bush league and sadly they have 3 games to bait us. It will be a great test for us but williams ejected and harden ejected at same time hurts us WAY more.

I think the biggest issue going forward is how rockets respond to the baiting and fouling that portland is going to throw at us. Stotts knows they can't call a foul on every play and Stotts knows he has 3 games and a bunch of techs to dish out. Sadly I think harden and howard will be baited into it. I know I would.

How many fouls, baits, and willing techs from portland can we get through?
    I honestly expect harden or howard to get ejected and we are going to have to pull at least one or two during full bait mode.

Portland can't win any other way. It's clear portland won't make it anywhere near the finals anyway so this is all gravy to portland at this point.

13. DreamEarlNolan

Unless the basketball gods change their ways the Rockets fall in game 5. I know the officiating has been bad at times for both teams, but the game changing calls have all been against the Rockets. The officiating has been so bad in this series that is seriously has me questioning if I even want to watch the games at this point.

1 person likes this.
  14. DwightHoward13

The Rockets have yet to play a good game, much less a complete game, at home. My evidence supporting that analysis is Game 1 and Game 2. The Rockets WILL play better than those two games, and they will win the game. Game 6 to me needs to be similar to Game 3 for the Rockets. We struggle to fight off the Blazers late, but we find a way to win on the road. If that happens, we head back to Houston for the pivotal Game 7.

Rockets 105 Blazers 97

15. rocketsmetalspd

Rockets will win 110 - 98. Enough is Enough. Daniels will get more minutes plus DMo, Casspi, Garcia, or Powell will finally get some PT. McHale has wasted this bench thus far.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not a doubt in my mind the Rockets will be up late, then choke it away.

17. Rockness

Rockness Member

McHale will shake it up and start Daniels instead of Parsons with Harden sliding over to SF. Daniels will go nuts and hit 11 of 18 threes and get 34 points in a blowout win.

18. KlutchQT

What makes y'all think McHale will go deeper into the bench? I sort of hope he does, but just curious why you think so.

19. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Lin plays last 5 minutes, we lose
    Lin doesnt play we win

Simple as it sounds

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member