1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How are you coping?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ubiquitin, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Aldridge Batum and Matthews have been together three years. Lillard Aldridge Batum Matthews two years. Add in Lopez and NO INJURIES FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR and you have the luckiest team in NBA history with regards to health.

Who knows. It always seems like Houston sports get the short end of the stick, over and over and over. In a sense, Houston is like China. A huge sleeping giant, full of more people than anyone can imagine, and a place that everyone else wants to discount until we become so powerful that no one can ignore us.

So go out there young Houstonians and proliferate. Get big, get rich, and get back at all those biased East and West coasters who think we don't matter simply because we've been docile enough in the past to take the beatdown again and again and again without retaliating. I remember being up in my college's newspaper room, watching the Astros lose game 4 of the World Series, having a bunch of well-meaning people from New Jersey tell me it's alright "because your fans don't care as much anyways."

One day we'll have our way. And it will be a violent upheaval. The people in charge right now won't have it otherwise. We will NOT let Houston become another Cleveland, doormat to the north.

2. dantian

dantian Member

It's expected given McHale being the coach.:rolleyes:

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This board quadrupled in size with Yao and Lin has his own fan base here. He can't command a 5 star salary but he has 5 star marketability.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think McHale is bsing because Lin just grabbed the rebound and the way he looked when Mo came from behind and he could have called it himself since Lin was unaware. Mchale is going through the motions as a coach. He doesn't even want to do the job at the moment.

5. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

*** jeremly lin

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

half dozen chocolate glaze donuts. cartoons.

7. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

I felt horrible after the game.

Then I started reading the GARM and felt a mixture of disgusted, confused and angry.

Now, I'm getting a good laugh at reading the stupid reactions of the posters here.
    There are so many d***heads here. The Lin haters and Lin fans are so stupid... its a farce!

Lin is a bench player with limited minutes. Why all the scrutiny on him? You guys are a joke! He is not even close to the reason why we lost this game or are down 3-1.

Our coach is clueless and doesn't know how to make in-game adjustments. And our stars have under performed and been completely outplayed. We should look there first before paying so much attention to a role player back-up PG.

8. HPD

HPD Member

The Goose got me loose

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Always going to be a new season, new start

This organization is one or two steps away but we had that, can't give up now

10. Rockness

Rockness Member

At this point, I'm actually fine with losing this series. It's not like we learned from last year with our iso, freestyle offense and if your star is not performing (Harden), your coach is incompetent, your bench players are not allowed to play even when others are not performing, your team does not defend, does not show much hustle and grit, does not even commit one hard foul, does not go up against punks like Mo & Matthews and is playing 5 on 9 (players + refs + coach Stott), why would one even want to advance?

11. sn09

sn09 Member

This pretty much sums up how i feel/felt after the game.

I was so disheartened when we lost but 30 minutes on the GARM made me reassess how important the series is. I'm a die hard Houston fan that took the loss pretty hard, but what i found more disappointing was the irrational and vulgar reaction from our 'fans'.

It's sickening to see personal and racial attacks thrown towards our very own players. Some people may chalk up these comments to 'the heat of the moment' but to think that in some peoples 'heat of the moment' they resort to disgusting racial abuse is just sickening. It's a sport. Jeremy (or any Rocket player for that matter) hasn't killed anyone, pillaged your hometowns or salted your damn crops so nothing will ever grow again. They played a game and lost. That's really it.

It really does suck that we're down 3-1, but really not that out of the question considering that the opponents are strong and actually ended with the same regular season record as us. The only reason why we got home court was because of a miracle 4th quarter comeback and an overtime. The majority of people here came into the series thinking we'd sweep them or finish them in 5, when in reality there was nothing to suggest that that would be the case. In fact, this probably explains why people are basically committing suicide on this board, because they feel like we're losing to a vastly inferior side when the reality is, Portland is no joke. It didn't need a 1-3 ass wooing to know that they have been every bit as good as us this season.

On a side note, i did expect us to split in Portland and still remain quietly optimistic that we take game 5 and 6. Game 7 is completely up in the air seeing as though HCA has meant nothing to us so far this series.

12. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

iM gonna remind me that it is just basketball and how great or how horrible the Rockets do it still has little effect on my life. I've still got business to take care of and other things to focus on.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm not happy with losing this series, but I at least can look at the glass as half full if it leads to necessary changes. My biggest fear is that Morey buys into the "they're young and need more time together" theory. Or that he thinks all this team needs is one more star player. Their problems run far deeper than that.

14. Maikeru

Maikeru Member

This:p

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'm vacationing in the Philippines.