1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/27/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2014.

1. solodolo

solodolo Member

Jesus Christ ... Ya really still defending him . All I see is white stuff around you're mouth area

2. calcium

calcium Member

As a fan of basketball, I must say this series has been excellent.

Super exciting to watch, and this even AFTER I know the result. :-(

Anyways, back to Lin. :)
    Is it possible for Lin to buy out his contract, if he wanted to?

Would he need to pay back 15M or 8.33M?

Not saying anything but was just curious.

3. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Face it, Portland is just a better team.

4. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I sure hope that the rockets play to the best of their ability when they realize they are on the brink of being eliminated.

No more defensive lapses. No more stupid mistakes. Harden has got to stop that ****ing matador defense. I know Lin is the main scapegoat here, but we wouldn't of been in this position if Harden didn't let his man waltz by him so often.

5. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

So true. Who is this chick?

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Their role players are better than ours. We need a major shake up we need to get melo or rondo I don't care if it cost parsons I didn't care in the first place. And maybe if the clipper players become free agents could we get CP3?

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Because Jeremy Lin sucks and we're a poorly coached team. First of all, anyone can call a timeout for the Rockets. It doesn't have to be the guy with the ball. So if McHale wanted one, he could've screamed at the refs for a timeout. Secondly, Lin has to know better in that situation. If your coach wants a timeout(McHale claims he instructed them to call it), then FREAKING CALL IT!

8. Indaface

Indaface Member

Yea the more I think about it the more it's on McHale. It's not Jeremy's fault he's an extremely limited player with absolutely no clutch ability left.

9. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Go to hell asswipe. So damn despicable. What? Are your freaking 10?

I'm going to mess with you every time I see your name.

Dabeezneez...yeah, I'm remembering.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Some times teams need to learn how to win.

That is where the rox are, but losing twice in overtime shows they are not that far off.

BTW, if we had AB, we would be in charge of this series, we lack a quick, confident penetrating player.

DD

11. vci_guy2003

vci_guy2003 Contributing Member

Go f u c k yourself r****d

12. Razsan

Razsan Member

He played hard yesterday and if you're referring to the Williams steal...which I am, that was a bogus double non-call by the refs and great hustle by the kid. And I would be defending ANY of the Rockets in that situation.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Terrific. So basically we need to wait yet another season and hope these guys finally figure it out? Funny how Portland seems to be learning right away despite a lot of their players having limited-to-no playoff experience.

I sincerely hope Morey doesn't share that sentiment. That if we just give this team another shot next season, everything will work out. What's the definition of insanity?

14. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I'm still so saddened by this loss...bad officiating along with dumb plays down the stretch just killed us.

Yes we can all focus on Lin, Lord knows I lost it when he turned it over...but go back to the start of the 3rd.

We had 2 fastbreak opportunities that we just threw away. Dwight passed it into the front row and we gave up an opportunity to score an extra 8 points during a three minute stretch.

So many missed lay ups, turnovers, Harden's tentativeness taking it to the hole consistently and McHale's lack of a rotation killed us.

Yes Lin stunk,it up tonight, but he wasn't the only reason we lost...a big reason, but not the only reason.

The officiating was quite possibly the worst that I've seen since we played Dallas in the playoffs... And was close to being as bad as the infamous Lakers versus Kings fixed series.

For example: If that Tech was able to be reviewd at the half & rescinded, then we don't go to Overtime. If the refs were fair and didn't give TJ a tech for being in the way of a Mo Williams elbow...there's an extra point.

If the Howard 'off his knee' turnover is called correctly then we have a chance to tie, instead of going down 5. (He couldn't complain because of the earlier bogus Tech called on him, refs should've reviewed it, but...y'all know)

If on Harden's final shot they call the foul for the contact & not giving Harden room to land, we take 3 free throw with a chance to tie or take the lead.

Those examples are just scratching the surface.

So use Jeremy as the scape goat for his brain fart induced knucklehead play if y'all want, but there were more than one reason for us losing the game.

I'm devastated...actually embarrassed to be an NBA fan after what I saw the officials do in this series. It was like watching WWF with my wife and telling her that 'it's real babe!', because even my wifey who is no expert was shaking her head in disbelief at the no calls, and bad calls.

Heck even Reggie Miller was almost embarrassed at the flood of bad calls going against us near the end of the 4th & OT.

Can't sleep...can only pray that we can win this in 7.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

They were waiting for him to call a timeout because that's what they were told to do. Instead, Lin decided to go 1-v-5 again.

That was a bad play. Watching it, I was just speechless. I can't believe he did that again! Even now I still can't believe it. He's supposed to be a high IQ player, but he's more like JR Smith in a PG's body.

16. carib

carib Member

Morey's biggest mistake was not drafting Royce White, it was not keeping Goran Dragic or Kyle Lowry. Both are currently top ten point guards and two way players. Neither guy needs to be paid 15mil in the latter years of their contract.
    Here is to hoping that Lin and Beverly redeem themselves for the rest of the series.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would have been disgusted if the Blazers had blown us apart. I am extremely disappointed for the way we played as a team when it got close.
    There is no hope left for this series.

18. calcium

calcium Member

We've been through all this before.

Keeping Lowry means no Harden.

And keeping Dragic could possibly have meant no Howard.

19. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

We should be grateful. Portland should be 4-0. We should be lucky to still be alive.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This was the first game I've ever seen Harden look like he was not big enough for the moment. At the end of OT he really seemed like he didn't want the ball. That's not something I've seen from him before.