1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breakup this team now......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballplayer, Apr 28, 2014.

1. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Problem is defense and the fact we couldn't get stops.
    I was at work following the live scores on ESPN. We couldn't seem to pull away whenever we had the lead. At 7 min mark in the 4th, we were up 92-84. I remember thinking" if we can hold on to the lead, we gonna be 2-2". Then i got busy answering phones. About 10 min later, a friend texted me " down 2 with 2 min to go". I was like" WTF happened?" .

Lin cost us the game no doubt about that. But our D is real crap it's sad.
    1-3 hurts a lot but at least we are gonna have some overhaul on the roster and coaching staff come off season. That's something to look forward too.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

agree.

3. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Yeah I thing we need a perimeter defender, after patbev we don't have one.

4. perfectweapons

1. McHale is the worst coach in the NBA. Not exaggerating but he has to go. George Karl, Stan Van Gundy, or anyone who has previous coaching experience would be an improvement. Just move McHale to a different position in the organization.
    2. Lin has to go. I think its obvious at this point.
    3. Our team needs to get in the gym and get in shape and stop partying. They are out of shape. Parson can go for a half and then he is dead the 4th quarter. So is Harden. Howard is the only one that can claim to be in shape for these type games.
    4. The perimeter Defense has to be better. I think they need to move Parsons for some more pieces but something has to be done.

5. ballplayer

Problem with Parson being moved is that his salary is to low to move for anyone of significances by himself which is why he will need to be packaged with Lin or Omer or all three. Almost tinker time for Morey!!!!

6. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

This is a complete and utter overreaction. We don't need to blow up this team. We do however need to make some changes to the bench and maybe add someone who will run plays and be an extension of the coach. Beverley and Lin make way too many mistakes as PG. We need someone who does not turn the ball over as much...IMO we need to get Rondo. Also we need to add a coach that holds players accountable for their actions and one who actually runs plays. I hear that Thibodeau might be fired. He might be an interesting hire as our next coach. Would love to pick up JVG if he is interested in coaching again but I doubt that happens. In all honesty though adding a guy like Rondo to this team would make us soooo much better. I have heard all of the issues with him and they don't turn me off of him at all.

7. ballplayer

I said break them up if they can't trust there teammates. James not going to do it by himself and Dwight not going to do it by himself. A top flight PG would take them out of those roles because they are going to trust the PG to get them the ball were they like it. Thibodeau would be great if he get's fired. James would have to play defense then!!! lol

8. perfectweapons

Yeah that's what I meant. Package him with Lin to the Celtics for Rondo or someone who is a court general. If not they need to dump them and Asik for Carmelo because our young guy will develop nicely next year.

9. ballplayer

I remember back when Parsons Played Defense. That was how he got on the floor in the first place, now he has regressed to a average defender at best against the best SF in the game.

#29 ballplayer, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  10. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Absolutely! The fact that this individual contributes no conversational factor discredits him/her

11. ballplayer

lol! you and dagger are funny! appreciate your hate.

12. Blast_Off

Blast_Off Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Three of four Rockets-Blazers games have gone to OT, but don't forget that whoever loses, their philosophy is a failure.</p>&mdash; Kevin Pelton (@kpelton) <a href="https://twitter.com/kpelton/statuses/460638285782474753">April 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Pretty much. When you think of it like this, you realize this is good medicine for the organization.

Blazers will continue to think that playing no defense and jump shooting is going to get you any where while the Rockets will re-tool and hopefully hire a real coach and become a legit contending team.

Both of these teams aren't going any where with this style of ball, losing this series will magnify our issues. Meanwhile Portland thinks they have a bright future but not playing the way they do. They are letting a team with no offense tear them to shreds. You can imagine what the Mavs/Spurs will do to them...

14. ballplayer

See I don't see it as a failure for the Rockets. I see it as needing tweaking, I know the Rockets won't breakup Dwight and James (to much invested) but they need to help them by getting them elite point guard to play between them and help them mesh together better, because right now they both want to be the man and it's killing the team. Can we do better than Mchale? Yes, but I would be mad if we kept him around one more year.

15. qwertzy

qwertzy Member

1st get sf/sg defender iggy,thabo,j.butler for any costs,2nd get pg who can pass and control the ball

16. perfectweapons

He is out of shape. Batum is wearing him out to make him useless come 4th quarter.