1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/27/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2014.

1. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Right there. That is why I will always have more respect for Jeremy Lin than his fans. He is hurting more than any of us are because he knows he ****ed up.

Credit to Lin for acknowledging what his fans are trying so hard to pretend is just a conspiracy. Get the ball, hold it, call the damn timeout.

2. Karolik

Karolik Member

He needs to make it up in games 5 or games 6, otherwise he will never hear the end of it. Sucking in games 5 and 6 is no longer an option.

3. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Game 4 was terribly officiated by the refs down the stretch.

Mo Williams was probably out of bounds, which reminds me of Michael Finley in 04-05 series.

And Lin, I don't know what I should say about him. That last play in regulation, he should have held on to the ball, probably would get trapped by the blazers, and they were desperate to get the ball and probably would foul him on the play...

Well, that's just the what if, and we lost a close one, once again.

I don't know why so many fans here want to lash out at one player in particular, to make you feel better? Sigh, should have stuck together and fight to extend our playoff race.

Go Rockets!

4. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Can someone give me a legit reason why bev was in the game in overtime

5. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Yes, but Mchale is behind the refs and the refs are watching the play. You don't see or hear Lin shifting responsibility.

6. haydenfisher342

ok, cool because im battling on watching the game or not

7. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

I think Lin and others already acknowledged that he made a mistake in that situation and yes, it did probably cost them a chance to win in regulation. I don't agree with you on the game 3 layup. That was a great look and it was no different than Matthews' quick hoop with less than a minute to go in Game 2. The difference was that shot went in, but it doesn't matter: he made plays to win that game.

8. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Who else would we put in there? Lin just made a huge mistake to send the game to OT. He would have been shook out there.

9. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

To play defense on the perimiter...duh

10. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Probably McHale didn't draw up any plays for him? Look at his numbers, he only made 27 shot attempts through the first 3 games against the Blazers, and Harden shot 35 shots in Game 3.

He's not quite a part of the offense for the Rockets, though he often gets subbed in for offense .

11. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

This! The amount of people obsessed about LIN on this board is crazy. How many posts have the last 10 pages been about purely hating on Lin or Harden? Its Lins fault! No its Hardens fault! Lin sucks Harden sucks! How many time do you guys need to post the same **** over and over again?

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This season is over already.

Harden shows no heart at all.

worst defense I have ever seen.

Any time you got a superstar like Harden and a coach like McFail, you win nothing.

13. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Are you watching the same officiating I am ? The 3 blind mice are not the Rockets friend. They have seemed destined from the start to move Portland ahead in the series.I'd put DMO in against LMA and tell him that if he didn't hack him into the ground, I would send you off....well, I'm actually going to do that anyhow but I'll take care of the fine for you.

14. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Maybe McHale was upset at Lin losing that ball to Mo Williams, which led up to a 3?

15. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Bev

Couldn't stop Lillard

Was 0-4 from 3

Team was playing 4on 5 on offense

Someone give me 1 positive play bev did in the last 5 min in regulation and 5 min in OT

16. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

It was a crucial mistake. Hope he can bounce back in the next game.

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

How is it possible to out play a team for 3 in half qtrs 4 strait games and only finish one of them!?

18. SHARKLIN-SOUP

SHARKLIN-SOUP Member

Lets get Carmelo

19. SPBR

SPBR Member

The guy was ill. He was doing all he could.

20. Karolik

Karolik Member

**** 1 game, games 5 and games 6 he better be balling.