1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/27/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2014.

1. yummyhawtsauce

i wouldn't blame him, he got blocked at the rim and he tried to shoot a 3, but by that time he was cold. dwight and harden kind of took most of the possessions.

frustrating offense.

2. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

How about Harden? We did well when he was on the bench. :(

3. Nook

Nook Member

Lin is a class act. No one should be upset at him, he is in a role beyond his ability.

4. SHARKLIN-SOUP

SHARKLIN-SOUP Member

Westbrook had a brain freeze during 1 of the playoff games a couple of seasons ago which cost OKC the game...put it down to playoff experience...

Look forward to next season..thats all we can do

5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Member

Absolutely agree with him !!! No argument. But hey, he's not out of dumb plays yet. And IF he hits a layup I would go back and replay it.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;We're looking forward to going to Houston to play at home &amp; fully expect to be back here&quot; - Parsons</p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/statuses/460656582682869760">April 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. jms99

jms99 Member

if you really want to get into that. Then let's do that.

If Lin scored 50 points in the first game and put the rockets up by 30 in the 3rd quarter, do you think LMA would have had a monster game? Or would he be SITTING ON THE BENCH to save his energy for the NEXT GAME.

You can say that half jokingly, but half truthfully that Lin caused LMA to score a lot of those points.

8. rocketsmetalspd

Williams not being classy in the end will come back to bite him. These games have all been close. The Rockets have a very good chance to take this round to game 7.

9. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Who said that? Who said the players shouldn't play? I never suggested that.

I made it clear, all plays are NOT equal. The last play of the game is more important and valuable than a play at the 5 minute mark of the second quarter.

What do the home games have to do with this? I am not blaming Lin for those games, I don't think anyone has. You think we have something against Lin, that is not true in the real world. The threads for those first 2 games had heat placed on those responsible for ****ing up key plays.

The facts are we went to overtime twice after Lin had the ball in the final minutes with the lead. He made a boneheaded decision the first time that directly resulted in an open 3 on the other end. In the second game he does not look after the ball, turning it over resulting in a made scramble. He then doesn't close out properly on Williams resuling in a pump fake and an open 3.

My Harden way...how is Harden my guy? Why do you Lin douches keep going back to harden when I CONSISTANTLY ACKNOWLEDGE HIS FLAWS AND MISTAKES ALL THE DAMN TIME!

My Harden...I am a Rockets fan first. My nickname is HardenWay because it is a clever Bill Worrel line and it relates to my favorite Rockets play.

This game should not have gone to overtime, simple as that.

Someone correct me but Lin had Parsons open in front of him right?

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

i am not even upset. i am numb tbh. we are playing with house money now. the rox just need a big win on wed. i am confident this will happen. after that, anything is possible.

11. afk

afk Member

Hah hah. I like this fellow here. On to Game 5 and onward! Cheers. :cool:

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I find it funny that 1 player will cause mayhem on this website lol

13. FANfrom86toNow

1) Lilliard has OWNED Beverley.

2) Matthews has OWNED Harden and wears him like a cheap suit.

3) Only thing good McHale has done is start the TT (which he should have all season) and play Daniels. (although not running enough plays to get him shots)

4) Parsons finally has a decent overall game, but is a non factor in crunch time this game.

5) Lin has made some bonehead plays, but both plays the refs SWALLOWED their whistles on obvious calls. The plays are what they are, but if you blame Lin for us losing those two games, you are not looking at the facts, just your hate for a Rockets player and his fans.

6) Asik has played good, but is still Mr. ButterFingers.

7) TJ needs to have a monster game 5, but he will probably be a beast next year with the lessons he is getting this year.

8) Dwight is doing good. But needs to dominate the boards even more and block more shots. He gets all of his rebounds from jumping. He has VERY POOR box out skils.

14. steady

steady Member

Yeah, I think so too. Stupid, ungracious thing to do.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

BOLD PREDICTION:

Houston goes up by 10 in the 4th, and inevitably will blow the lead.

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

Really, having basic sense of direction on what to do when your team is up 3 with ball is "beyond his ability"? And we shouldn't be upset at him? Oh, but he's classy since he admits he messed up... yeah that totally makes up for it.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

for me thats what makes it so hard hating on him...he is the consumate pro off the court...just does some bonehead ish on it.

Really Jeremy has to dig deep and find that we need his bench production. You have to force Mchale to trust you and rely upon you, but for Lin its really all mental. He has yet to conquer those fears that Troy Daniels has exorcised. Its why TDan has been so clutch for this team.

18. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

we fought hard in Portland. we have to give our young players that. we learn from our mistakes and move on to game 5 at home. we should beat them easily and not make the same mistakes again like the first 2 games at home. we can go back for game 6 in Portland and beat them there but hopefully less costly mistakes and with Refs not calling stupid fouls. the games were outrageously fun to watch. so emotionally drained and heartfelt for everyone on the team. we are just fans. the players feel more than we do since we are just watching the games and they were doing the physical works:) can't wait for game 5 at home!

19. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Another idiot. First of all Aldridge in the first two games was being guarded by a SECOND YEAR PLAYER! The last two games since Mchale made the adjustment of going big his numbers have been down.

Now, Aldridge has killed us but every game has been close. The key has always been to control the roll players. Players can put up historical numbers and there team still lose.

Now, why would anyone blame the play of Aldridge on Lin? The truth is you don't want to accept that Lin ****ed up in 2 key moment in 2 seperate games. So you make stupid comments like this to protect your own world where everyone is against Lin and just biased.

You can **** off as well.

20. yunac010

yunac010 Member

TO/out of bounds aside, what were the other guys doing during that possession? Just standing there and watching?