1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Four

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 5, 2013.

1. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

In the books she and Jaime don't arrive back in King's Landing until after the wedding, and I don't recall her interacting with any Lannisters outside of Jaime. So it seems out of character because the show writers changed it and created the situation you described.

2. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i think all of you think the episode sucked because you were pissed off from the rockets game

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea, I actually found it to be the best episode of the season.

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Back a page or two and the case was made that Momma Tyrell killed Joffery, now it looks like Littlefinger did it, no?

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

But it's still very likely he worked for someone on this.

6. dragician

dragician Member

Momma Tyrell was the one who took poison from Sansa.

Littlefinger gets his girl.

Momma Tyrell gets her girl back from Joff.

Tywin gets a better king?

The real question now is, is Tywin innocent about this plot? The previous season showed that Tywin is doing everything to blame all this on Tyrion, The only clear reason why he would do this is he really believes that Tyrion really poisoned the king. But RR Martin is also a mad king. We'll see.

7. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Called it in my previous post in this thread :cool:

I doubt Littlefinger is working for anyone, unless he can use it for his own benefit. Don't forget, even back in season 1, he was willing to doublecross the Lannisters to help Renly Baratheon, and when Renly died, he immediately switched back to being oh so loyal to the Lannisters to gain the title Lord of Harrenhal.

Also, Tyrion made the point that whoever killed Joffrey wanted Tyrion to take the blame. Littlefinger knows that out of all the people at court, it's Varys, Cersei, Tywin and Tyrion who can thwart him getting the throne. He knows he can't take on Cersei or Tywin yet, but getting rid of Tyrion removes an obstacle and creates further instability within the Lannister family.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I liked that episode a lot.
    The new guy from Dorn is great. Especially since you know he's going to be important in someway going forward.
    Jon Snow continues to be an interesting story.
    And the ending with Tagaerys was cool.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Oberyn Martell is a great character in the book, so I knew he would be good, but Pedro Pascal is absolutely killing it. The character on screen is better than I ever could have dreamed.

There was a scene with him and Tywin. Seriously I could just watch the 2 of them talk for an hour and it would be spectacular TV.

10. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

I feel like they focused too much (too long) on the wrong storyline from The Wall. I could have done with 30 seconds of the Sam-Gilly portion and added the rest to something else.

11. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Now that was just pure awesomeness! The purist are gonna be mad. :grin:

12. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Lots of departures from the books tonight.

13. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

WTF was that? Seriously, after all of this time why that?

14. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

The "I will answer injustice with justice" line has been in the previews all season... and still gave me chills.

15. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

16. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Bran is such a dipstick. Gets every wolf, teenager and Hodor in trouble. How did that random bad guy know Bran is Jon Snow's brother? Why would these deranged lunatics even care who he is?

17. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

how does Brandon being a Stark mean there are less mouths to feed? Doesn't make much sense to me. Also, it's nice that the White Walkers get a scene to themselves, although I don't get the point of using babies to turn to White Walkers, when they can do that with dead corpses anyway.

Also, Littlefinger + Tyrell alliance FTW

and this episode helped alleviate my Rockets woes......F*** mo williams

18. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

the reanimated corpses are wights, pretty much mindless zombies. The white walkers are something else, not really clear in the book so this scene is pretty interesting.

19. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Bran told him his name, and pretty sure all the Nights watch guys know Jon is Ned Starks b*stard

20. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

What was different?