1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Woah... bit offended by you referring to JVG as "the commentator." I see you have been here since '09 but PLEASE do not let that one slip again. That'd be like referring to the Kiss Of Death saying, "that was like that time that guy made a shot against the Suns then put his fingers to his lips and we won and we were all so happy!"

2. doggoneit

doggoneit Member

Lin has a knack for making the Billy Walkers, the Landry Fields, and the Troy Daniels have big games.

I'm sure as much as some Rockets "fans" couldn't see that was a big play, Blazers fans were crushed by that Lin play. To make that difficult pass in traffic over 6'11" Aldridge out of jumble scramble, the guy has vision and passing skills. It's the distrust from coaching staff and fellow players that prey on Lin's asian "give way" nature as weakness and goat to blame when things go wrong and the team loses.

3. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Lin fans are extra contentious tonight given the win and mucking up any positivity. Thanks Lin.

4. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

My god just go away. What good does this comment generate? How does this even begin to add to having a fruitful conversation over Lin?

A: Hey man, Lin should have not taken that layup.
    B: Shut up, you're only saying that because he's asian.

God dammit guys, it's so annoying. Sure he made a huge hustle play, but and just work with me here, if he had just held back, our chances for winning would have been higher and we probably wouldn't have had to go into OT. It was the smarter basketball play and the safer one. If this situation repeated itself a million times, then 9 out of 10 times, I would still want Lin to play the shot clock instead of going for that layup.

5. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

stop equivocating. you LOFs have to realize that Lin is a scrub. he has done absolutely nothing all series and was just lucky to stumble on the ball and throw it over his head to TD. A good player would have taken that in but Lin was too scared after blowing a wide open layup that would have sealed the game.

Harden, Howard & Parsons are our future LIN IS NOT and has got nothing to offer. He even lost his spot to Beverley cause he shows no guts and determination. Will be happy when he's traded and takes all you LOFs with him.

6. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Honestly, I don't think it was the worst play, 9 out of 10 times I think Lin makes that layup. But because he didn't, I agree with you I wish he would have held it. But hindsight is 20-20 always.

7. doggoneit

doggoneit Member

You live with whatever results from the right decisions.

It was the right decision. The lane was open, he just missed.

8. goyao11

goyao11 Member

Agreed that the quoted comment doesn't provide rational discussion around here. However, I don't blame Lin for dumping that ball out to Daniels for that three - in a scramble situation with just a couple ticks left, its incredibly difficult and often times a bad idea to just dribble it out. You want to get a quality shot off, and Lin saw that we had a great 3 point shooter open. The rest is history.

9. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

It was not a 90% shot though. That's discounting his hesitation in taking the shot. He did not commit quickly enough for it to be an easy layup. He should have taken it, but taken it a little sooner. No reason to have an argument about it though. Rockets fans should take the high ground.

10. goyao11

goyao11 Member

Lin is not a superstar but he definitely isn't a scrub... the truth lies somewhere in between. Just like you are accusing LOFs of painting too rosy of a picture, you are absolutely looking at his play with a great deal of bias.

How else can you attribute mentalities like "he was too scared" to players? Did you ask him after the game? Haha.

As for the other notes, I can agree that Harden and Howard are the cornerstones of our team. Whether guys like Parsons or Lin or Beverley end up staying, that all depends on circumstance. Beverley didn't take Lin's spot because of his guts or determination, nor did Lin "lose" his spot - as discussed multiple times, it was all about fit and optimizing lineups that Lin is coming off the bench.

11. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Don't think you can have a civil discussion with this tool.

Look at this junk he just posted in the other thread:

What kind of Rockets fan would actually say the part in bold? Too much hate from these LOHs. Hating someone is so much more pathetic than being a fan of someone. Your life has to really suck to expend your energy and time hating on someone.

12. goyao11

goyao11 Member

Lol.

I'm just strolling through these forums after a win, trying to have a nice discussion... guess I should have been more wary of the trolls. Whoops :)

13. doggoneit

doggoneit Member

Of course if he had made it it would have been a "great decision". And if he misses it it is a boneheaded decision.

So which one is it?

A great decision is the right basketball play. It wasn't like he went 1 on 3, because he went past his man and got open lane and tried to lay it in. It is the right basketball play, he just missed.

As a coach, you always look at the decisions of plays, not the results. But this is the NBA, because a player is ultra super talented and can make shots over 2 defenders, it'd be called a great decision, when in fact, it's a bad decision to shoot over 2 defenders (although he makes it), and he should pass to open man.

I guarantee you the superstars who are making shots over 2-3 defenders would be lambasted by Gregg Popovich, or Phil Jackson, although they make the shots. No player is higher than/ above the system. The system dictates an open shot is better than a defended one. Pop would blast Duncan, Parker if they try to play 1 on 2 and even if they convert a basket on the play... Phil would do the same to Kobe or Gasol if they force the issue even if they make a basket. That's why they are HOF coaches.

Point is:
    - Good or bad result, it should be fine if it comes from a good decision.
    - Good or bad result, it should be bad if it comes from a bad decision.

This is a good decision by Lin, because it was open, he just missed. You have to be able to observe and not allow your observation to be biased by your like or dislike toward that player.

1 person likes this.
  14. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Thank the heavens that Jeremy Lin was there to save Harden's turnover. I can't imagine how CF would react to the Beard losing control of the ball in the last iso shot in overtime.

<iframe src="http://gfycat.com/iframe/EnchantedSpectacularGreyhounddog" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="580" height="324" ></iframe>

15. Doktor Mndbndr

Good decision, failed execution.

16. Doktor Mndbndr

And on the final OT play, a second-best decision by Lin (to the best option of throwing an alley to Dwight, but good enough, given the pressing circumstances), and followed by successful execution by Daniels. Lin managed to find one of the two open shooters as the shot clock was winding down. Not gonna complain.

17. Dementium

Dementium Member

Lol. Would not be hard to imagine. Would have been Lin's fault he missed the layup. Harden might get mentioned but would get nowhere near the heat Lin would get.

18. JMG524

JMG524 Member

Wow what a troll and a fraud of a Rockets fan you are. Did you even watch the last play? Luck had nothing to do with it. Lin had 3 defenders on him when he passed the ball off to Daniels. He made the right read and a difficult pass to set up the open man for the shot which ultimately won us the game. Also, you seem to know very little about basketball if you think 13pts/4ast per game off the bench equals nothing to offer the team.

As for the Lin fans on this site, they aren't going anywhere for at least another year because no team wants to take on his contract so you're just gonna have quit crying and deal with it.

19. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Lin with the game winning assist!

...but wife is still upset with me after my theatrics when Lin missed that layup.

20. archinkent

archinkent Member

He is just a grade A troll. Ignore him.