1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

I guess generating 7 points out of Houston's 11 in OT has no impact on you, or the 6 points or so in the Game 1 OT when he nearly won that game by himself. Does the win make you feel better about Harden's 22 missed shots or Dwight Howard's inability to score in the OT? It's a long game and players will make good plays and bad ones.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I already gave two of the biggest examples, the two in fact that almost cost us the game. I am not going to piss away my current good mood re-watching the game to find Lin's garbage moments for you. You can do that yourself.

3. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

I'm sure Lin is aware of the dumb **** that he committed in this game, but had he dwelled on it, like you have, this game would have been lost in OT...

(luckily, Harden calmed him down)

4. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I am not dwelling on it. By tomorrow I will have moved on. I am still annoyed that he almost single highhandedly lost us a game we HAD TO WIN and did force OT against us. That said, Harden has been terrible so far as well and needs to turn it on. Either way... WE WON!!!!

5. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

Ladies and gentlemen, stop arguing and let's celebrate the win

6. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

Hahaha that's hilarious. Everyone here knows damn well if you had any more examples you would gladly bring them up.

You're just a shi7 talker that can't back it up.

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

When chenjy9 says this, that he'd rather not find Lin garbage moments to bash Lin..

In other words..... he has no examples lol

8. lid1013

lid1013 Member

Ughh..even when its a win this place is ugly as all hell.

9. kastuul

kastuul Member

James Harden points out that Jeremy Lin should have run the clock up 3

REALLY? There are 4 Rockets in their half court after Lin missed the layup.
    This wasn't transition D but they still let the quick 3 happened?

10. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Lin should have ran the clock down BUT WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS. WE JUST WON A PLAYOFF GAME. GET A FREAKEN LIFE INSTEAD OF TALKING ABOUT LIN

11. Zergling

Zergling Member

I like how the narrative now is Lin's clutch hustle play wins the game for the Rockets. A more accurate description would be he was in the right place at the right time and luckily found an open Troy Daniels. Harden was the one who initially dived for the ball which caused Mo Williams to fall down, allowing Lin to get the ball and make a play.

12. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

But by your logic, I guess that hustle play and the 7 points he generated in OT cancels out Harden's 22 missed shots? I'm not a Harden basher, and I think he did well to play through his shooting woes and keep finding ways to score, but this Lin derangement syndrome that people have on this site is just confirmation bias. If you don't like the guy you won't acknowledge his contributions at all no matter what he does.

13. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Lin stuffed up in regulation but he more than made up for it in OT.

Gotta say dude is inconsistent as heck.

14. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I am guessing Lin took off when the team thought he was going to slow it down to run out the clock. It did not look like they anticipated Lin breaking for the other end at all.

15. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

Pretty much this.

16. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

A more accurate description is that he was in the right place and made a hustle play to bail his teammate out and then made a quick decision to get it to a shooter. That's what teammates do. It's the kind of stuff that Beverley is routinely lauded for on this site. It's ok to acknowledge that Lin made a big play. I know it foils the narrative of a missed layup in regulation costing them a playoff game but isn't the win better than that narrative?

17. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Not saying Lin should be getting all the credit for Daniels' unbelievably clutch 3, but watch the replay again. Lin made a really nice hustle play to get that ball back and made sure he got up without the ball for it not to be called a travel. He also made a heady play to get that to the open Daniels.

If we would've lost this game, it would've been completely understandable if the entire board hated him even if he played well in OT. I was so pissed at him. But we won so just move on and hope we can continue this

18. rm365

rm365 Member

What other dumb things did he do? The bounce pass to DH in traffic?

The pulllup attempt where Aldridge blocked him? The fearless drive where he got hacked and sank free throws? (What was he thinking!!??!?!?)

Getting picked with no help and losing Mo Williams a couple times?

He played well overall. You could criticize a lot more players before you criticize Lin in this one.

I think people here just resent Lin's Asian fanbase instead of trying to embrace and try to make them into new rockets fans.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

I hope you never praised Bev for his hustle plays... Or else you are a hypocrite on fire.

20. lid1013

lid1013 Member

Cut the bs. If it was Bev every single person here would have said it was his hustle and stuff like that. Give credit when its due.