1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Stepping Up In The Playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Apr 20, 2014.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

That's why logic doesn't apply here. The only explanation is they are Lin haters, simple as that.

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I thought LIN played better than normal but like everyone has things he could have worked on. he himself even said in interview that ball got sticky and he needed to do that better

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He played very well at times, and deserves a lot of credit for bringing us back in the game.
    Let's hope for more of that in Game 2.

4. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

If anyone watched the game closely, Lin played ok and was clutch down the stretch.

If there was anyone to blame, it's Harden. Dude needs to wake up for us to have a shot or it be a quick series. I can everybody come out gun blazing next game and they will. For Bev.

5. dianelo

dianelo Member

A true Rockets fan should be happy with Lin's playing well. If he plays well, we have better chance in the playoff and the Rockets will get more when Lin is traded next season.

6. ProjectRockets

I've seen enough! CometsWin has been outed as a completely pathetic hater period, who probably hates his own life the most. On top of that, he/she is the definition of stupid. What a joke and a first rate loser. Thx for the laughs.

7. conquistador#11

"ball got sticky" = I drew up a play but james audibled out of it to do his thing.
    I'm not blaming mchale for going "iso" as I don't think he is wanting that. What he needs to get blame for is being an enabler.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Anybody that is really suggesting Lin is the reason for this loss is certainly a Lin hater.

We made LA look like the greatest player in NBA history, and our best player played like garbage. That's the reason we lost, period. If either of them had played even close to their actual level the Rockets win going away.

9. zdrav

zdrav Member

What is a "Linguyen?"

10. Play07

Play07 Member

Go tt let Lin & harden create, force Lillard to shoot jumpshots... and lma will have Asik or Howard on him every play. Let Lin, parsons, harden run the break every play

11. beybey

beybey Member

Now you are a hater... H&H played way below how they should be playing. Harden was causing all sorts of problems on D and his shooting was terrible. If Dho hit a couple more FT it would of been over. If they keep going at harden I think this series is over.

1 person likes this.
  12. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

True Rocket fans saw Lin get repeatedly beat off the dribble by Lillard in the 4the quarter. True Rocket fans saw Lin make that DUMB turnover that lead to a Lillard blow by down the stretch:rolleyes:

Jeremy Lin's perfomance:

Satsifactory

13. torocan

torocan Member

"True Rockets fans" are blind if that's what they saw.

Damian Lillard 4th quarter

5:16 Damian Lillard fouled (by Beverley)
    4:00 Lillard draws blocking foul (Lin), makes 1/2. Lin was not covering Lillard, he did however attempt to draw the charge.
    3:49 Lillard makes 3 pointer and draws foul (Lin), misses FT. Lin was screened off a high PICK, not beaten off the dribble
    3:13 Lillard makes driving lay up in Transition off James Harden turn over
    0:32 Jeremy Lin leaves the game for TJones
    0:29 Lillard makes 3 pointer (assisted by Batum)

Yes, Lin made a turnover when he was stripped driving into the lane. That was his 2nd and last TO for the night.

You might want to revisit the definition of "beaten off the dribble"...

14. kastuul

kastuul Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/18ZcxA9MDSA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Lin had a good game in overtime but that is the least that should be expected from him.

Blazers were playing Harden and the rest very hard often almost sending extra coverage to them while asking Lin to beat them and to Lin's credit he foound the gaping hole in defense and attacked the rim.

16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I was satisfied with Lin's play last night. He had a great OT and had us in position to win the game. If he plays like he did last night then I won't have any complaints

17. beybey

beybey Member

Harden has to give up the ball. How many times have we seen him keep the ball only to turn it over or make a desperation shot.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don't know what you expect from Lin. But my expectations are on average a 10/5/5 game. If he was any better then we'd have run through some of the offense with him rather than force feeding it to harden and Howard all game.

If you are hanging your game on a fourth or fifth option then that means the first, second, and third options are choking it away.

Yeah if Lin had a good game, if TJones had one of his random 30 point games, we'd be golden. But we shouldn't have to rely on that. Hell that crazy hot streak by Parsons in the first half shouldn't have been needed to stay in the game.

19. kastuul

kastuul Member

Ido Amir tweet:
    @ca_rockets Lillard was PBev's guy: 31pts & game winning shots. Mo Williams was @JLin7's guy. 3pts in 26min on 1 of 6, with no "arm waving".

20. JBar

JBar Rookie

A Vietnamese Lin fan?