1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Rocket player(s) would you trade for LeBron James?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DavidS, May 25, 2003.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I would trade our whole team. We all know that LeBron is the greatest player in the history of organized basketball. Don't you watch ESPN? :rolleyes:

2. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Why do people keep bringing this up? The kid hasn't played a minute of pro ball. Also, if you guys think he's so good that you want to trade the whole team for him, why would Cleveland part with him? This is another example of wasting server space.

3. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Cleveland would never trade LeBron. They have sold a ton of tickets since tehy wont he lottery because people want to see LeBron. Even if it was a great trade for Cleveland tehy won't do it.

Just on potential (and hype) LeBron could make Cleveland a special place in a few years.

4. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

There are a few players in the association I would trade 3/5 of our starting five for and Lebron James is not one of them.

In Yao Ming, we already have enough media hype. With a new coach coming in, what we need now is veteran leadership at PG to execute the new system. Forget Lebron. Let's get Jason Kidd.

5. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

this is a stupid question... enough said

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I honestly believe you have a better chance of acquiring Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett or Shaquille O'Neal right now than you do LeBron James. Cleveland is not giving this up for <I>anything</I>. That franchise has been garbage for years, and now they get the #1 pick to acquire a hometown high school legend. It's not being moved - no way.

7. man532

man532 Member

Bottom Line

Francis isn't a point guard and will never have the mental capacity to lead. So the question is what do we do with 2 shooting guards who are best friends? We move both of them for the future star of the league with an excellent personality and game to match.

I would trade for players willing to share the ball any day over proven ball hogs (Steve and Cat). With an excellent coach, we would improve immediately.

8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Exactly my thinking, in a couple of years Shaq and Koby wont stand a chance!

9. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

If your point is you should never trade for a rookie because he wont be able to lead his team to a championship in his first year (1st contract). That's very shortsighted. I don't think anyone is claiming that.

The goal is building a team with great potential to win a championship. And having the right coach and players is key to that.

My post wasn't a realistic occurrence. It's not likely to happen. But it was just a novel idea. It asks the question: "Would you do it, if given the chance?"

In my view. If Cleveland offered. I'd take it in a heart beat. And it's not because of the hype of LeBron. It's because of what I've seen myself from him.

And please stop saying Jordan and Kobe in the same sentence. They are not the same type of players and they won rings different ways. As is Lebron (different/unique).

10. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Like we would be that stupid to offer them that trade...:rolleyes:

11. SLA

SLA Member

Francis and Griffin for James would be more than enough.

12. tsl99

tsl99 Member

I watched a couple of games Labron James played, I have to say that he is much better then Francis.

Steve Francis still doesn't get sense of court yet, he will never do.

13. JPM0016

that is ridiculous. You watched Lebron James beat up a bunch of high schoolers and you say he is better than a top 5 point guard and might i add allstar.

Please, that statement is a joke

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

I agree that the Cavs won't trade LeBron for anyone, but I would trade SF for him in a minute. (Then again, I would trade Francis for 80 million dollars worth of potatoes) But, unfortunately, we are stuck with Francis forever and ever, which is long time. I don't like Francis' game and I don't think I would like him as a person. I was against the trade that brought him here. I hate to watch him play and I would love to see him gone. Francis is now at the top of my "most disliked Rocket player of all time" list which includes Pippen and "thugs are us" Vernon Maxwell (but he could shoot)!

15. JPM0016

why do you hate Francis so much?

16. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Francis is disliked because he hasn't shown the ablity to make his teammates better.

Francis has improved "his game" a little, but not much. And he consistently hovered around 3.7 to 4.0 turnovers per game his whole career.

17. JPM0016

each year Steve has improved and has made an effort to get his teammates involved. The 2nd half of the season his scoring dropped and he looked to get everyone else involved. There is only so much he can do, if your going to bash someone bash Cuttino Mobley, he truly deserves it.

18. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Lebron James is better than Steve Francis?? WOW some people will just say anything. How in the hell can Lebron be better than one of the best players in the NBA?

19. JPM0016

that's what i said. Some of these responses, and i mean only some are stupid. These people sound like they are a 14 year old kid who don't know anything. Lebron better than Francis. Someone belongs at summer school

20. SLA

SLA Member

Glen Rice and Mo Taylor and Kelvin Cato and Moochie Norris don't make their teammates better!