1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I'll pray for whatever team has to deal with his groupies after we dump him.

2. Zboy

Zboy Member

Some of his turnovers in the Timberwolves game......

...I was simply scratching my head.

This guy is dumb.

3. Rox7

Rox7 Member

Lin is a joke for Brewer to score 51. He sux.

1 person likes this.
  4. archinkent

archinkent Member

Lin was just terrible tonight, especially that stretch at the beginning of the 3rd quarter.

But he wasn't the main problem, Corey Brewer was.

5. Kwame

Kwame Member

Another garbage performance by Jeremy Lin. It's what everyone has been accustomed to so nobody is surprised anymore. He's not a very good player, especially when you factor in his ridiculous contract. Lin needs to be dumped in the offseason. It doesn't matter what kind of deal it is. At this point it would be addition by subtraction.

#8545 Kwame, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  6. kvnzhangyay

kvnzhangyay Member

He should be, thats arguable leaning toward yes, but will he? Absolutely not

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Lin needs to play on a team with low expectations. It's where he belongs.

8. Clarinetmonster

Ok, since the haters all seem to be gathering here, I'll repost these stats from the upside thread. For the last 15 games Lin is:

scoring 13.4 pts a game
    shooting 44.75% from three
    averaging 4.5 assists to 2.3 TO's (1.94 assist to TO ratio)

as I said there, for all the hate and complaining the dude is actually improving some key things going into the playoffs. What he needs to get going again is his driving to the hoop.

9. Clarinetmonster

fixed

10. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

I believe in the eye test, and from watching Lin play, he is clearly not a starting point guard in the NBA.

This is the same way I felt about Matt Maloney and Rafer Alston (although Rafer Alston >>>>> Lin && Maloney).

T

11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Please, save it.
    Eye test my friend, its not just numbers

12. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Who would win a shooting contest Maloney or Lin?

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Matt Maloney!

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

These stats will look even better once he is on another team. This team has moved on from the Linconsistency. Seriously every single one of you Lin fans can take his stat sheet and bring it to another team because it is just flat out not working here. Some folks here just like the idea of this relationship working out. Heck I bet Les Alexander is one of those people. He's not a dumb man and knows endorsements and sponsorship opportunities. However the truth is we can stare at these numbers all day long or we can just open our eyes and realize there is a L under the column that should have a W. If we are aiming for a championship then hey every piece needs to fit around our two superstars like a custom glove. The role players have to compliment our superstars and vice versa. It doesn't matter if they are a big name superstar. What matters is if the intangibles they bring fit our superstars' needs. Our role players did just that for Hakeem and Drexler and vise versa during our championship days. Right now Lin does not. Maybe one day it'll click in his head. Maybe it won't. The Rockets just do not have the time to sit and find out. Not all relationships work out. No one here hates the guy on a personal level. We just love the Rockets more and want what is best for this team.

15. Razsan

Razsan Member

Is Harden dumb too??? And is Harden the single WORST defender in the history of the SG position??? I was scratching my head too...

16. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

You gonna say that about every potential playmaker we bring in to Houston them? I agree that while lin is a good player, he's not a good fit here. Still to be honest I'm not sure james harden can play defense at a high enough level to compete against the starters of opposing teams. I think he'd be a great 6th man/ offensive closer off the bench. But as far as winning and creating ball movement, no james harden is gonna stifle any guard that comes in here with any offensive skillset. Hence why Beverley is actually a decent fit alongside harden.

I like Bev but there is a reason mr. Harden consistently has one of the worst +/- on the team and we often have looked better with lin/cannan over harden and either of them. Going with my eye test I see that having a 2 and 3 (parsons) who can't play defense to save their lives, we will never go far in the playoffs even if we have as much talent as we've had in a long time.

17. autoprt

autoprt Member

dude you got great info but you posted it the wrong place. no way you can make a sensible argument here since most of posts that are anti lin have their mind made up he's sucks and they live for the day he gets traded to another team. after lin's gone then it'll be someone else to bash because that is what they live to do. some people are never happy.

18. jms99

jms99 Member

After Lin is gone, I'll still bash Lin. If he gets less than 30 points in a game, I'm going to bash him. If he gets more than 30 points and his team loses, again, I'm going to bash the crap out of him.

19. jms99

jms99 Member

Do you really believe that no one hates the guy on a personal level? I'll tell you right now that I hate the guy on a personal level. I just root against many, many players and hate them. Lin is one of those players.

20. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Watched McHale's post game interview. He said we got absolutely nothing from the PGs tonight which is why Harden was playing point for most of the game and Cisco at the 2 which was an awful idea btw.

Can't wait for Bevs to be back