1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff Tickets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coog4Rockets, Apr 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Coog4Rockets

Coog4Rockets Member

Does anyone know how playoff tickets usually work? When do they usually go on sale? Do people who have purchased partial plans get priority? How much do you think the Rockets website will charge for their cheapest tickets???

SO EXCITED FOR PLAYOFFSSSS!!! GO ROCKETS!!!:grin:

2. bcast89

bcast89 Member

Was wondering too...thought there'd be something by now since we clinched already.

3. Illegal Machine

Yeah, when they finally go on sale Season Ticket holders get priority. Then partial plans and group ticket buyers. You'll get a link to follow and you enter your email address to gain access to the tickets.

4. Illegal Machine

As far as price, I was a partial plan owner and the tickets cost just about what they did in the regular season.

5. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

good thread, was wondering the same thing.

6. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

1st and 2nd round costs the same as regular season for full season ticket holders, and about 20% above that price is what partial season ticket holders will pay. If there are enough to go on sale to the general public, they will be about 3 times the price as what season ticket holders are paying.

3rd and 4th round will have a similar structure but the price increases for everyone, even season ticket holders. But the 20% and 3x will stay approximately true.

7. Coog4Rockets

Coog4Rockets Member

Thanks for the info! I hope you're right. I'm looking at the prices on Flashseats, and they seem highly inflated.

8. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

I got my playoff tickets about 2 weeks ago. Whenever you renew your tickets for next year they put them in your flash seats account.

I have no idea when they go on sale to the general public

9. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

Also I should mention… I paid $67 per ticket for section 102 row 21. So Im curious to see how much they cost to the general public.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Typically the mark up is 30-40%.

11. Coog4Rockets

Coog4Rockets Member

Wow thats really cheap, considering how much they're going for now on FS. Were you only allowed to buy 2 tickets, or is there a max of 4?

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

man, this is a sign of how infrequently the Rockets have made it to the playoffs with great interest. Spurs fans wouldn't be asking this question.

Clinching is not good enough. The opponent and date has to be determined, too, before they go on sale to public.

13. aleezy2011

aleezy2011 Member

i get emails from the spurs website and their tickets have been on sale for two weeks.. not sure why ours aren't yet

14. roadstone

roadstone Member

I just bought them at flash seats for 81$ per ticket for section 416. I didn't renew my season tickets also.

15. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

They had to wait for clinching. Expect announcement in the next day or so

16. dotcom

dotcom Member

Sign up for Rockets Insider and you'll get any playoff presale information and opportunities. http://goo.gl/MZTiiI

17. Play07

Play07 Member

tickets released for season ticket holders they are charging alot this year !!! no telling what theyre going to be for the public tomorrow

18. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

just curious what is the cost to playoff games?

19. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

Section 111 row 20 was 119 per ticket plus fees

20. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

Tickets are ranging from:

$49-$89 in the upper level
    $109-$179 in the lower endzones
    $119-$190 in the lower corners
    $295-$490 in the club on the sidelines
    $690-$4,800 on the floor

They're also doing it very different from years past. Used to be that season ticket holders could buy up to 4 whole strips for the entire playoffs up front. Now, we get a presale that is before everyone else but only for the first 2 games.