1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Barkley123

Barkley123 Member

No I watch most of the games and actually only compared their stats just now after seeing all this fuss about Lin being a joke, 'shouldn't be in the NBA', 'should get a job in economics' etc.

I was expecting his stats to be significantly worse than what they are going by the general vibe of this thread.

2. yummyhawtsauce

honestly, just watch the games, read the box scores and make your own judgments

3. Barkley123

Barkley123 Member

Funny, I just read a post from you using stats against Lin. Now I post a couple in favour of him and 'I don't understand the game'? Double standards man.

4. archinkent

archinkent Member

Bev's primary role is not to score, but to defend. Lin's is to score and facilitate, which he was terrible at both last game.

Like I said, I like Lin and wish he will step up leading to the playoffs.

5. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Bev is usually the 4th or 5th option with the starting lineup while Lin is the 1st or 2nd option with the bench unit. It should be expected that Lin's numbers would be a little higher than Bev's. I would compare Bev's statline to Battier's when he was here. It just doesn't show the worth in the boxscore.

6. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Jeremy will quickly adjust his mindset to the role of starter and how he has to work with James Harden. He got lost on offense after midway in the first and third quarters and the Clips contested all of his shots well. Hence the bad stat line. But he got by his man and got to the line with ease and I'm sure the coaching staff can work with that to get a better overall result in the upcoming games.

7. Orange

Orange Member

Ur just guessing. Truth is Jeremy sucks.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, kind of how he adjusted his mindset quickly last year when he was the starter all year and was one of the worst starting point guards in basketball.

9. King1

King1 Member

He won't adjust to anything as he has one of the worst bball IQs in the NBA. Just isn't any good. He belongs on the bench

10. Karolik

Karolik Member

I (and probably everyone else) will forgive you Lin if you show up during the playoffs..

Otherwise it is gonna get ugly.

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Lin has lost his confidence. Ball hasnt been going in, he's been in a major funk. More than a few times I've seen teammates yelling at him during timeouts. He's in a bad place.

When he's focused and tuned in, he's a competent player.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This. These next regular season games don't mean much to me. The extent they do mean something is how Lin is going to cave in the playoffs. His plays are already to sloppy and low IQ for a regular season game...I can only imagine how bad its going to be in the POs. Every possession counts and execution is the most important of all. If Lin does for me. The chances of it happening are EXTREMELY slim though so you can understand the pessimism.

13. Clarinetmonster

Uh oh, the yesses are catching up to the no's!

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

When that defense tightens up in the play offs Lin is going to shrive like a dead spider.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Not a double standard. And not surprising the point went completely over your head.

16. Barkley123

Barkley123 Member

Care to explain or are lame insults all you got?

17. adobo

adobo Member

Slow down and take a deep breath old boy :). His been playing well as of late except for this particular game. He lost it after that 2nd block from Griffin...from there he was never really able to get over it during that game. But to say his been in a major funk recently is a bit of a knew jerk. I just hope he bounces back and put on his big boy pants and forget about this clippers game.

18. jeddah

jeddah Member

hahahahhahahaha...SOMEONE repped me with this msg....." LOFs? look in the mirror fanboi. all ur interested in is 1 below average guy's stats so u can feel good bout urself. ur list starts with 2012 and ends march2013. bandwagoners "

hahhahaha....frustrated much my friend?????....CHILLLLLL...Relaaaxxxxxxx...

hahahahha...and I don't need Lin's STAT to feel good 'bout my self....I am perfectly happy with what I have right now...thanks but no thanks...LOL...

19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

everyone needs a good smashboxsesh, come back to the table after the next game

20. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Member

spelling of fanboi is weak. gtfo