1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've Seen Enough - Canaan Should Start

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Agreed, Canaan should get the start over Lin because Lin doesn't have the chemistry with the regular starters. Our starting PG went down last game. Jeremy's role this whole season has been to be a SG and lead the 2nd unit. Now he's required to mesh with the starters and there is no one to help the 2nd unit out.

2. MichaelG281713

IC is young. He may turn out to be a horrible, but we don't know that yet. Better to find it out now. He has to develop for us to be stronger come playoff time.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Unbelievable. Do you people actually believe you are smarter than the McHale/ Morey brain trust? LOL. None of you all could possibly even get an interview to get a co-op position on the Rockets. Christ. Let it be. The Rockets organization will make the best decisions, based on an understanding and a knowledge domain that is not replicable in the fan world.

4. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

doesn't have chemistry with the starters. I don't know what you've been watching, but I completely disagree and question your eyes.

Alley-oops, open threes for Harden, Parsons. creating space and movement for the team-mates has always been a strength for Lin.

I don't think you speak for the rest of the community. Our PG is whoever, Kevin McHale decides it to be. That is the way it works. If he wants Felton to start he'll start felton.

Lin is a guard that can play both positions. He's a very good PG now in the NBA. And he can play the SG position against bigger longer players in the NBA too as well.

5. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

most accurate post of the night.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I've seen enough! Troy Daniels and Rob Covington should play!!

7. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

I'm not saying he doesn't have any chemistry with the starters at all. What I'm trying to say is that the chemistry in starting with the regular 4 is not there. For most of the season, his role has been to come off the bench. That is when he gets hot and usually closes the game with the rest of the starters. Now when you ask him to start the game, it doesn't give him the opportunity to control the offense and get his gears going offensively.

8. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

this is actually well thought. Kamikaze also implies fearless which is a complement, but also perhaps recklessness. taking 9 shots I don't think was reckless, but he was definitively put in a tough spot by the Clips. As Monte Williams said, that mostly, the Hornets gameplan for Lin and Parsons. They are accounted for by that team. I would also guess that the better teams do the same thing, but with better coaching and better players.

Lin is also a very good passer, but he didn't couldn't find anyone because the clips defended well. Clips also have bigs that can give Lin problems. It's all how Lin's confidence is and how he adjusts to better teams. So far, he hasn't IMO

9. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

You post that and your concern is people will think it is a knee jerk? You should be worried about how BAD of a suggestion that is.

10. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

It'll be nice to look back on the Lin fiasco in a few years and just laugh.

11. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

At the end of the day, you can't hand over the reigns to a rookie who's played less than what, 50 game minutes total, this late into the season.

As much as Lin sucked tonight, we can't say for sure IC would be productive if handed over the reigns. Lin started for a year last season, with pretty much this same starting lineup now.

We'll see what happens, but calling for IC to start is definitely knee jerk.

12. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

that's what you did say. but i do see what you are clarifying. maybe it's a good theory, but i think when i saw lin starting with the Knicks, he could adjust well starting playing 36 Minutes/night. though he did strees his Meniscus that year. So being fearless can also provoke injury too.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Collectively? Yes.

14. kastuul

kastuul Member

McHale should have kept either Lin or Harden on the floor.

HOU lost because he rested Lin and Harden at the same time, so LAC took the lead to 10 points.

Lin and Cannon have the same +/-, but Cannon and Harden have more TO than Lin.

15. kastuul

kastuul Member

Are you kidding?

The Vipers is in the losing streak.
    How can they help the Rockets when they are losing in DL?

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Someone can made a video to show Lin's highlight of this game on each time when he touch the ball, how much time he spent on dribbling the ball and what kind of pass he made after the dribbling.

That's the sickest thing he did in the game, comparing to this, 1-9 shooting is nothing.

This is his main problem.

He is terrible in dribbling and passing the ball.

17. Classic

Classic Member

True. Dat. My only fear is we squander Dwight and Harden and that duo becomes the second coming of Mac/Yao

18. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

wuh? he's the best passer on the Team. Harden is second
    Lin is probably one of the best ball handlers on the team too.

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Morey :

- Royce White is the worst NBA draft pick ever.

- Jeremy Lin is the worst NBA free agent signing ever.

Nice for a daily double.

20. SacTown

SacTown Member

It makes us..... milking the cash cow and you know it.