1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Occupy Wallstreet

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Fascism is neither left or right.

2. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

okay -- I mean, that doesn't really change my stance on leftism, rightism or fascism, but I get where you are coming from.

3. bmd

bmd Member

Libertarians wouldn't support the occupy movement because they are 100% against what the occupy movement stood for.

Here is Peter Schiff, a very well known Libertarian, debating with the occupiers at occupy wall street. He agrees that they should be angry, but thinks they are focusing their anger at the wrong people. He doesn't agree with them at all economically:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UGL-Ex1CD1c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

No no -- I agree. I guess what I was saying was that I was trying hard to make the Occupy movement (at least where I was at) not be about wanting more government intervention, but instead turning it into an anti-government movement that embraced the common criticisms that the left and the right agree on ( all the things you and I have agreed on for instance). But the people at Occupy mainly wanted it to be a leftist Democrat reformist movement. The Libertarians I spoke to were actually more amenable to trying to get on the same page than the people on the left were.