1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley has a torn meniscus (UPDATE: Will not require surgery, expected to return)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by loveofthegame44, Mar 28, 2014.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Gotta love McHale.

Although injuries are always chasing after players. I don't think Wolverine will make it back this time.

Man this sux.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hope he takes his time and gets it repaired, rather than shaved, because while shaving it can get you back on the court in a couple of weeks, it can cause problems later in life.

Dwayne Wade is a prime example of that.

D. Rose had it and decided to get it repaired, or sewn back together, which has a much longer recovery - but is much better overall.

DD

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

The Bev/Lin double PG line up was really effective for us too.

4. torocan

torocan Member

Honestly, NEITHER DO WE.

We just drafted Canaan this year, and he's spent most of the year toiling in the D-League. He's Literally only played TWO games this year, the last two, and it was all garbage time.

What we do know... he's small and he shoots 3's. And um, that's all I got.

We have NO idea what the 2nd unit is going to look like... all we can do is pray at this point that it's not a complete cluster.

And yah, going from Bev/Lin to Lin/Canaan is a big downgrade. Not just in terms of the 2nd unit, but one of our BEST units was a 2 guard line up with Lin + Bev.

5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I like Lin more in the 2 spot where he is a scorer. He plays much better in that role.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

These Lin fans make me sick. This is a huge blow to the TEAM. Yes, Lin is going to get more touches, but the TEAM just got alot weaker today and losing Beverley's perimeter defense will cost the Rockets in the playoffs.

This is bad, bad news guys.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Can we use a lineup of

Harden
    Parsons
    TJ
    Dmo
    Howard

at times?

8. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Get well soon Bev.

Pls rediscover linsanity Jeremy

9. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

10. torocan

torocan Member

WTH are you talking about?

Every post that I've read is that this is a BAD thing. That and thinking about team adjustments and actual floor impact... so why exactly are you freaking out in this thread? :eek:

11. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

Why did you trade Aaron Brooks? :D

12. lid1013

lid1013 Member

I don't get it. People are asking for Linsanity but don't they realize that Linsanity mean Lin with a lot more possessions with the ball? Do people really want that? Him taking away possessions from Harden and Howard and even Parsons and Jones?

13. dobro1229

Agreed. I dont see an all-star level PG walking into the TC anytime soon. This year is important, but not near as important as the next 3 years combined. Get the surgery, get better for next year, and let the chips fall where they may this year.

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Actually you missed the bigger picture.

Without Bev, that means Harden will be playing more and also spending more time on handling the ball, especially when Lin starts to make couple TO.

That will not be a good thing and definitely will affect his offensive production.

15. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I think it means more along the lines of, please step up lin.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Troy Daniels - COME ON DOWN !

DD

17. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

Does Barron Davis have anything left and can we sign him?

As to Bev, so sorry, and don't compromise your health to rush back. Think of the long haul.

19. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

Praying for a speedy recovery for my bro @patbev21!! Gonna miss this dude on the court...
    -Jlin

20. dobro1229

Glancing through the first few pages there was alot of trying to be comic posts. I dont find them funny honestly. This just sort of takes the wind out of the teams sails.