1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Neped

Neped Member

Yea, he's definitely regressing and it looks almost like he has his best years behind him instead of in front of him. I guess that's what injuries do to you. On the other hand Harden is the opposite, like Durant, he getting better and better.

2. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

The same question puzzles me greatly as well. As a old Rockets fan watching Rockets games for almost two decades, I am gradually losing my respect for many of my fellow Rockets fan, including Clutch. This thread is so condescending and should be locked a long long time ago!!!!

3. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

I'm used to be so eager to get on CF even though I rarely post my opinions until the last a few months when I can't not stand the back and forth vitriol among ourselves. But recently not anymore. There are simply so many negative posts on CF, like this thread. I guess that the internet simply brings out the ugliness of human nature.

4. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

If you look at the Poll this thread is not very negative. If you go into a thread titled Jeremy Lin is a joke! then expect negative comments. Generally its just the same people making the same comments over and over again. I don't see why Clutch should censor the thread. If this thread infuriates you then it might be better to go into the Jeremy Lin's upside thread which somewhat has better observations.

Also, to the Honeybager (sic), what's wrong with putting Jeremy Lin highlights in a Jeremy Lin thread?

5. ProjectRockets

A lot of the mentality in this thread reminds me of that ridiculous Mazda commercial where they are comparing a car to Jackie Robinson. And the tag line was "Believe in yourself if others don't believe in you." It wasn't not having others believe in him that was Robinson's problem. It was plain old racism and hatred stemming from a society at the time full of small minds and shallow hearts that was the problem. For all you people where reading and thinking is an issue, I am not comparing Lin to Robinson nor am I comparing Lin to a car.

There is no doubt Lin has struggled this season, but the amount of hate and scrutiny he gets is unbelievable. There is no doubt his race plays some factor in the whole equation on some level for a lot of the more vehement, 'true' haters. Sure, his race also plays a factor for most of his fan base but that's a straw man. He's only the second Asian American to ever play in the NBA so Asian Americans/ Asians being excited about Lin is normal. It's the same underlying reason that explains some of Chandler Parsons fanbase - you want to see somewhat you can identify with succeed not to mention someone who is part of the relative minority in a sport.

If it's not for issues of race and ignorance for these more impassioned haters, then there definitely is no doubt there is a whole lot of projection going on. If your life sucks that much that your blood pressure automatically skyrockets in a game where victory was never in doubt and you get so upset that you have to comment in the most negative way about every little misstep or perceived poor play Lin had, may I suggest the following. Go seek anger management, go get laid, go get a make over/ lose some weight - then go try to get laid, go read some self improvement books, go seek therapy, or go reconcile and make peace with how sh^tty your life has turned out. If you're just naturally a miserable, sh^tty a$$hole of a human being, then carry on. Life will balance itself out in the end for you.

1 person likes this.
  6. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Wow is that the best comeback you could come up with? You're as stupid as I thought.

7. archinkent

archinkent Member

This thread is fine, it's just the title should be tweaked based on the poll.

'LOFs are a joke!!!!' probably fits the majority content of this thread better.

8. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

BS like this is why people don't like Lin and his fans.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Are you sure there isn't another reason? :p

[​IMG]

10. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

His 30 inch waist makes me jealous.

This is mine: (

[​IMG]

11. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

i did not say it is wrong. I was entertaining the idea.

12. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

you are more sexy than parsons.

13. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I highly doubt all the CFers who rail on Lin and LOFers are racists...or even do it with racial intent in mind. It's more likely that it has simply become an "us" vs. "them" mentality, where so many CFers do not want to be identified as LOFers and would rather hate on them (and subsequently Lin) because deep down, they think it's the more 'cool' thing to do. Sadly, hating on LOFs/Lin is starting to not be the hipster thing to do. :p

So with that being said, I find most LOF haters obnoxious and immature and just as biased as LOFs. But racist? Nah. 99% aren't doing it out of racial spite -- they're doing it because of, like I said, that groupthink; us vs. them mentality.

It's like Dems vs. Repubs. Who cares what the underlying rational arguments are or why you even supposedly hold a belief (that you've never actually questioned except among other like-thinkers who are synonymous to 'Yes Men' answering their own loaded questions); I know I am a (D) or (R) and subsequently MUST agree with this position and DESPISE everything from the other side. /rolls eyes

But not all Repubs are inherently racists nor all Dems innately bleeding heart hippies haha.

14. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

It's a fan made highlight of a player...of course it'll show everything from points, assists, rebounds, steals, deflections...

15. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I think this is what most non Lin highlight videos look like. I could be wrong, though. Maybe you've got some evidence to the contrary?

16. ProjectRockets

I agree with your points although you're basically calling both sides mindless idiots. But to clarify I never said all haters were racists. Read closely. I said that "his race plays some factor in the whole equation on some level for a lot of the more vehement, 'true' haters". And I even posit alternative possibilities...self projection and just being a sh^tty person by birth.

But it's pretty amusing to see how quickly people get riled up like Winkfan whose response is pretty telling even it offers nothing of worth. I guess he's one with the 'people' (all of them), and therefore knows the real reasons for their over the top (in this case) hate.

17. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

A lot of the mentality in this thread reminds me of that ridiculous Mazda commercial where they are comparing a car to Jackie Robinson. And the tag line was "Believe in yourself if others don't believe in you." It wasn't not having others believe in him that was Robinson's problem. It was plain old racism and hatred stemming from a society at the time full of small minds and shallow hearts that was the problem. For all you people where reading and thinking is an issue, I am not comparing Lin to Robinson nor am I comparing Lin to a car.

There is no doubt Lin has struggled this season, but the amount of hate and scrutiny he gets is unbelievable. There is no doubt his race plays some factor in the whole equation on some level for a lot of the more vehement, 'true' haters. Sure, his race also plays a factor for most of his fan base but that's a straw man. He's only the second Asian American to ever play in the NBA so Asian Americans/ Asians being excited about Lin is normal. It's the same underlying reason that explains some of Chandler Parsons fanbase - you want to see somewhat you can identify with succeed not to mention someone who is part of the relative minority in a sport.

If it's not for issues of race and ignorance for these more impassioned haters, then there definitely is no doubt there is a whole lot of projection going on. If your life sucks that much that your blood pressure automatically skyrockets in a game where victory was never in doubt and you get so upset that you have to comment in the most negative way about every little misstep or perceived poor play Lin had, may I suggest the following. Go seek anger management, go get laid, go get a make over/ lose some weight - then go try to get laid, go read some self improvement books, go seek therapy, or go reconcile and make peace with how sh^tty your life has turned out. If you're just naturally a miserable, sh^tty a$$hole of a human being, then carry on. Life will balance itself out in the end for you.[/QUOTE]

18. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

^ Oops, I meant to say nice post Project Rockets in my above post.

19. RedJinx

RedJinx Member

Lets just not hate and just be fans. You can passionately be a fan and not be hateful against things contrary to what you are a fan of.

Soccers fans love and hate.

Sports are for our entertainment, it's not worth it to spend hateful emotions into this part of our lives where we try to escape some realities we already hate.

So what I'm trying to say is

if you're a lof just be lof and not lohh.

If you're a rockets fan don't be LOH and/or LOFH

If you're a LOH, is Lin really worth hating?? Don't be a LOH there is nothing good being one.

If you're LOHH, ignore the haters, you're just as bad as LOH, just be Lof and enjoy watching Lin wherever he plays.

Hating is just not cool. you can hate evil but there is nothing evil about loving bball, rockets or Lin.

It is just poor sportsfanship! It's making this forum feels sour with all this hate talk.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Dare I compare Lin to Stevie Franchise?

They are both really good one-on-one payers, but when it comes to getting in the flow of an offense, not so much.

And neither is good enough to be the ball dominant player on a championship team.

I like Lin, but I'm tired of waiting for him to get it.