1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[breaking] Malaysian Airlines loses contact with Beijing-bound flight, 239 on board

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Mar 7, 2014.

1. SacTown

SacTown Member

The media in all countries is out of control. What can we do to stop this madness? All the lies, looking for ratings and hits on their website to sell ads its just an absolute joke.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Stop watching. The media gives the masses what they watch.

3. SacTown

SacTown Member

Then how do I find out information on things like this? The masses don't want to be lied to bro.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The masses don't care.

5. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

Just let us now when the plane is found. I'm tired of conspiracy theories and "breaking news" when someone finds a random object that looks like plane.

6. SacTown

SacTown Member

Stop being weird. The masses don't want to be lied to, just many of them don't realize it's going on but that doesn't mean they want it.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"Da Plane! Da Plane!"

- Tatoo

Yes, the plane landed on Fantasy Island.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The masses don't care if they are lied to. They don't care about the plane or it's passengers. All they want is an interesting story.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Too much coverage of this has come to a point where I don't even care anymore to be honest... and this was last week. In fact a good few people I know that are Malaysian stopped caring as well.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>CNN now covering their missing plane coverage. <a href="http://t.co/xCPc0ikdZj" title="http://twitter.com/NewsPolitics/status/447752414674694145/photo/1">pic.twitter.com/xCPc0ikdZj</a></p>&mdash; Mr. Creosote (@NathanWurtzel) <a href="https://twitter.com/NathanWurtzel/status/447753611834294272" data-datetime="2014-03-23T15:15:54+00:00">March 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Next thing you know, CNN will tell us all the passengers are riding a Blue Whale somewhere in the Pacific.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Link?

13. likestohypeguy

Representative of the masses checking in. It's true, we don't really care. Just keep pumping out the crazy.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I would think the Chinese would care more, considering that most of the passengers on the plane were Chinese.

15. ProjectRockets

A lot of the mentality in this thread reminds me of that ridiculous Mazda commercial where they are comparing a car to Jackie Robinson. And the tag line was "Believe in yourself if others don't believe in you." It wasn't not having others believe in him that was Robinson's problem. It was plain old racism and hatred stemming from a society at the time full of small minds and shallow hearts that was the problem. For all you people where reading and thinking is an issue, I am not comparing Lin to Robinson nor am I comparing Lin to a car.

There is no doubt Lin has struggled this season, but the amount of hate and scrutiny he gets is unbelievable. There is no doubt his race plays some factor in the whole equation on some level for a lot of the more vehement, 'true' haters. Sure, his race also plays a factor for most of his fan base but that's a straw man. He's only the second Asian American to ever play in the NBA so Asian Americans/ Asians being excited about Lin is normal. It's the same underlying reason that explains some of Chandler Parsons fanbase - you want to see somewhat you can identify with succeed not to mention someone who is part of the relative minority in a sport.

If it's not for issues of race and ignorance for these more impassioned haters, then there definitely is no doubt there is a whole lot of projection going on. If your life sucks that much that your blood pressure automatically skyrockets in a game where victory was never in doubt and you get so upset that you have to comment in the most negative way about every little misstep or perceived poor play Lin had, may I suggest the following. Go seek anger management, go get laid, go get a make over/ lose some weight - then go try to get laid, go read some self improvement books, go seek therapy, or go reconcile and make peace with how sh^tty your life has turned out. If you're just naturally a miserable, sh^tty a$$hole of a human being, then carry on. Life will balance itself out in the end for you.

16. ProjectRockets

haha, oops, posted in the wrong thread.

17. ProjectRockets

Agreed....are we the masses?

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Americans don't care about the people. Americans are hoping for the most bizarre scenario. Perhaps something like the plane landing in the middle of the Indian ocean, on fire. People either have a choice to burn or jump into the shark infested waters. Maybe a couple will escape off to some random island for 10 years. A Hollywoods wet dream to top the crap they spew on on TV now.

19. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I don't think that is the case, although there is a nice population of wackjobs out there who have issues. I think its more of a three fold issue:

1) I believe that in our information on demand society we have fewer and fewer real unsolved mysteries. This has the potential of being completely unsolved for years, and it bugs people.

2) We are a very mobile society and we live by the (statistically accurate) manta of airline travel is safer than automobile travel. When something like this happens, I think there is a somewhat creepy hope by people that if the plane goes down, it goes down because of a freakishly unlikely scenario - one that we can say "well that wont happen to me"

3) An unsolved mystery about a plane disappearing into thin air is a news story that in most cases won't open up a can of polarized bull****.

I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't wish that there could be some way that there could be survivors. However, everyone does share a common belief: this is not ending happily, and its very tragic. I'm sure we all hope for something better.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You are definitely a project poster at this point.

[​IMG]