1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Refs got us again!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cml750, Mar 16, 2014.

1. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

The league heads will absolutely, positively never allow Jeremy Lin to get a refs call against LeBron James.......

2. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Are you telling me during the course of that game that Miami never touched the ball after a made basket?

3. Gertso

Gertso Member

Refs didn't cause the Rockets to get outscored 15-2 down the stretch.

4. SPBR

SPBR Member

We get our share of calls/non-calls. Remember Dwight's "veteran" move against Wall when we played the Wizards? I just wish we got our calls against elite teams.

5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

They are both superstars but don't get the treatment from what i seen of the Miami's game. Yes, as fan you tend to be biased because you want your team's superstars to get the call. But that's not the point of my post. The point is ...as referees, it doesn't matter if you're superstar or not, you should call like it is...like it is SUPPOSED TO BE. Unfortunately, that's not how the world operate...that's why you see things like racial discrimination and other discrimination exist in this world.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

didnt see this psoted anywhere so here it is, mchale's parking lot invitation to the ref

[​IMG]

make it look good kevin :grin:

7. joesr

joesr Member

Hmm, 2k sports on facebook just posted a video of Dwight pushing Wade in the 4th quarter titling it "Wade flopping"

I like it. :D

8. quatin

quatin Member

It's not just touching the ball, it's redirecting the ball. You can tap the ball down if it's going to hit you, but you can't direct it in a manner to speed up/slow down the game.

Howard made a direct pass at a referee. That's a no-no today.

9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

F**k you, Loser.

10. cml750

cml750 Member

While there are no guarantees we would have won without the officials helping the Heat, there is no doubt they made calls to ensure the Heat would win. Miami could have easily won without there help as they are a very good team but as much as the refs screwed us I have to wonder if they had money on the game. As another poster pointed out, the Vegas spread was 6 and I say there was a very good chance we would have been closer than 6 if the refs had not imposed their will on the game screwing up our momentum even if we would have lost in a well officiated game.

11. jdjd

jdjd Member

I agree completely, veteran officials should let the top teams play ball in the last few minutes of a game. Unless the call is one that obviously needs to be made, the players on the court should ALWAYS determine the outcome of the game. You have to wonder if they are watching the line and placing bets.

12. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

I said the same thing at work today!!! The REF hate Houston we can never get the calls... freakin Ref's