1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft live right now -- who will Houston take #3 on June 26th? Come join the chat!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Yao Ming update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Newgirl, May 20, 2003.

1. yin

yin Member

AND learn from the lessons from the defeat in Asian games last year.

2. min

min Member

HOW TALL WILL THEIR KIDS BE?!?!?!

8 footers?

3. jli

jli Member

jamalccc i thought you were chinese.

4. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

ONLY one in China !

5. danny317

danny317 Member

man thats a whole lot of tall...

6. jamalccc

jamalccc Member

Yes, you can say I am Chinese, and I am happy to be one. I lived in Beijing for a while, but I don't have perfect chinese reading comprehension. "White warriors"? That didn't make too much sense until I am reminded they are talking about doctors and nurses fighting SARS. That makes sense now (kinda).

Five years in Beijing, two years in Taipei and one year in Hong Kong, I didn't meet one chinese who's black. Maybe I am the first one. :D :D :D

7. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

8. spiral

spiral Member

actually, tiger woods is part chinese, part thai, part black, and part white.

:D

9. jamalccc

jamalccc Member

He doesn't speak chinese though. I do.:D :D :D :D :D

10. spiral

spiral Member

actually, i saw a half chinese, half black person on a chinese singing competition on chinese television before. he could sing in chinese. couldn't even tell he was part chinese until i saw them mention his chinese name.

11. coolpet

coolpet Member

are you asian yourself? hehehe I duno why, but lots of asian guys seems only interested in asian girls. I am opposite of you, always attracted by the hot blondes :D

12. coolpet

coolpet Member

did they call u Kobe while u r in China?

13. cho3821

cho3821 Member

14. jamalccc

jamalccc Member

I was a teenager, and that was six years ago. Kobe wasn't anything back then. I did get stared at by others alot though (their faces are like this: :eek: :eek: :eek: ). But after a while, you are used to it. :cool: I'd like to think I am Chinese, because I love China and the Chinese people. Well, I hope someday I don't get stared at anymore when I go back to Beijing.

15. coolpet

coolpet Member

hehe, people do that in China still now, because they don't get to see a lot of "lao Wei". it is getting better with more and more "lao Wei" these days. I have two friends, they both white went to China for a yr, and they speak incredible Chinese. it just amazed me. anyway, why did u go China the first place? do you have an aim or icq. message me, I would like to find out more :)

aim:BMWMBD

16. spiral

spiral Member

you know, they stare at fat people a lot too. :D not many fat people in china.

17. jamalccc

jamalccc Member

I use neither icq nor aim. I just hate those online messengers (because of some past experience. Oh well, long story there). If you don't mind, let's just keep it here in Clutchcity. I went to China with my parents. My dad got a job there. That was quite an experience. Actually, I've seen many Americans being able to speak Chinese well. I go to BYU, where many mormon students went to Taiwan for two years to serve a mission. Some of them speak better chinese than I do!!! So, no surprise there. If some Chinese can speak perfect English, I am sure some Americans can speak perfect Chinese as well. Mine isn't that good though. It used to be much better.

18. qrui

qrui Member

if you read carefully it actually says "white coat warriors". the docs and nurses in china are often called this because of their uniforms.

19. aboinamedray

aboinamedray Contributing Member

please.. lets stop talking about ppls ethnicities and stay on the subject of yao... so no one has a closer picture of him?

20. Lpya2

Lpya2 Member

we need that big tall dude standing by Yao, can we get him?