1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

"Jeremy Lin is a comedy to those that think and a tragedy to those that feel."

Horace Walpole

2. Skyxie

Skyxie New Member

he is not that bad. At the same time, he is not that good. U have to enjoy his highlights while accept his idiotic performance cause we're not the one who can decide whether or not he's in the team. poor Jeremy, maybe some fans' expectations are way beyond his capacity.
    personally I don't want to say something terrible about him just because he is such a hard working guy with good personalities. so mixed feeling about Jeremy

3. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

i don't know what the **** the mods are doing. shouldn't these disrespectful threads be deleted/locked?

4. MichaelG281713

Lin needs to go to a really bad franchise. He's not good enough to be on this current roster.

Is he a joke? His consistency is. As an NBA player, he's a doof. As a person? Good kid you want to succeed. But, I want the Rox to win a ring more than pleasing his fan base.

5. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

Did I miss something from today's game that so many people here pointing their fingers at Lin for the loss at Miami?

I think people need to just put down their Lin Only Glasses and leave him alone and focus on the team instead. We lost the game due to the momentum swing caused by the refs in favour of the Miami Heat. I enjoyed the game but disappointed at the loss.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

LOL. I think this pic and headline on espn front page currently says it all....

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Contrary to the slew of anti-Lin diaries that crop up on this site after every game where he doesn't score 15 or more points, Lin wasn't the reason the Rockets lost to Miami.

He made a lot of nice plays happen on his first stint in the game, but overall I don't think he took nearly enough shots in 26 minutes to have the impact that the team needed him to have against this opponent.

That Beverley took 14 shots and Lin only 7 was probably what Spoelstra was hoping for (and for that matter that Beverley took more shots than Howard and Parsons also probably put Spoelstra's mind at ease). Meanwhile, on the other side, Lebron, Wade, Bosh and Allen took the most shots in that order. I guess that's why Miami has 2 rings.

On his first stint in the game, Lin took all of his shots late in the clock (an under appreciated feature of his game) and made 2 nice shots when the offense had nothing going. He pushed the pace to get a nice fast break for Parsons and another where Asik finished at the rim. He set up Hamilton and Jones for open shots, but they didn't make them. He made 1 bad TO to Lebron for a dunk, got burned once by Chalmers (no points scored), but seemed to handle himself defensively against Cole. Lin got screwed on a charge by Lebron at the end of Q1 and on a NCAA style offensive foul when Battier showed up after Lin had released the ball (and had made the basket).

On his second/third stint in the game, he was on the floor when Houston had a slight lead and had a chance to hit a big 3 to put them back in the lead with about 3 minutes left but missed that shot. Beverley, Harden also missed shots while Allen and Bosh made theirs. The team defense (Lin, Harden, Beverley) messed up defensive assignment in the 4th quarter)and yes the Heat did get a couple of key calls and a close game quickly turned into the game Vegas was expecting as Miami covered the spread.

The game was more of a learning experience for how Houston has to execute against good teams.

1 person likes this.
  8. Neped

Neped Member

Troll alert!

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't think clutch and most mods are big fans of Lin them selves

Which i can't blame anybody for not being happy with Lin as his production on his contract has been a little weak, but jeez some if not most people in thread are ****ing stupid.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin's career numbers against the Miami Heat (including Sunday's game):

FG% 26.8

14 Asissts to 17 Turnovers which gives an assist to turnover ratio of 0.82.

Average +/- of (-17)

Those are :eek:ghastly:eek: numbers.

He should not be getting any time against the Heat. They know how to lock him up.

11. jeddah

jeddah Member

Why not finding a resolution on how to overcome this hurdle instead???

12. Dei

Dei Member

Like how?

13. jeddah

jeddah Member

I am not the Rockets coach so how can I tell....and I am not even playing against them...it's up to the TEAM to find out...

14. jeddah

jeddah Member

fixed..

15. Baruch

Baruch Member

Lebron definitely knows how to ;)

[​IMG]

16. shadowmantis

shadowmantis Member

It seems that this guy is turning into a scapegoat for the Rockets fans. Every time we lose a game, this thread blows up and "we lost because of him, he didn't perform, he's inconsistent". What happened to Parsons, with his 9 points in 38 minutes? Or Asik, or Hamilton? Pat Bev went 5-14. The whole team decided not to show up, not just him.
    What they need to do is get him to rest his back. Back injuries are horrible, I've been suffering from one for years. They can use that time to get Canaan involved.

17. Razsan

Razsan Member

And where are the THOUSANDS of pics where some random shooting guard makes Harden look like a school boy.....oh but wait...James is a superstar and allowed to be crappy on D.
    And let's not forget Dwight "hands of stone" Howard who has had a 5, 6 and 7 turnover game in the past 6.

18. archinkent

archinkent Member

I assumed he was talking about the whole season up till today.

His season as a whole has been disappointing I admit, but if his 26 & 23 points games vs Trailblazers and Bulls are not considered 'fine', then you are just expecting too much.

19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

It's not Rockets fans who have caused this but rather Lin's delusional fan base. They just aren't intelligent enough to realize it.

20. Neped

Neped Member

Asik didn't play well either, But yet No one mentions him????? Hum. Can't wait for Lin to go to his new team and new coach.