1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Refs got us again!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cml750, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Dat vise grip by LeBum

2. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Dwight and Harden do that sometimes too... As a player you have to be vocal and really animated when that happens, you have to make sure the officials notice it or it'll continue to happen... this is why flopping, as much as it sucks, is the only way to get refs to notice things. Until they do players will just continue to do it.

3. Andrew Wiggins

We spend thousands hours arguing about refs. One of these nights we should just settle it once and for all.

We should wait until a poorly officiated playoff game. Everyone who records/downloads the game should re-watch it and note every bad/no call for both teams similar to that poster who did it for the Blazers game. Then we quickly slap together a video or two of every bad call that gets posted. We can easily vote on it with video evidence.

I know the Rockets can do this and send it to the league office, but I doubt they even look at it. If this spreads on twitter/facebook then we could actually get some fairly officiated meaningful games in the playoffs. I think it's worth the time.

4. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I wonder if officials even bother looking at tape of their games. Do they pay particular attention to certain players, certain plays or do they just wing it. I really would like to know their thinking behind some calls or if it bothers them when they call a foul on an obvious flop. I mean, how can you not be upset that a player got one over you and made you look like an idiot on national TV.

5. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

This is what Im thinking. I don't have the tech or know-how to create clips of games but if I did I would highlight flops and bad calls, post them online. Let the world see what the hell is going on. I bet if we make enough noise, the NBA will start taking this stuff a little bit more serious.

6. Andrew Wiggins

The easiest way for me would be to download the game from kcplayoffs HD Game Thread and then use a video editing program to edit it. You don't need Sony Vegas. Windows Movie Maker is sufficient, free, and easy enough to handle the job for something like this.

7. dsid411

dsid411 Member

Refs didn't blow this game, we did.

8. SPBR

SPBR Member

Since they weren't going to call the hold on LeBron, it's up to Parsons to switch and defend Lin's man. We gotta stop waiting for the call that's not coming and just play through it.

9. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

This would be pretty awesome to do. I'll see if I have time this week to put something together. I'll post it on here when I'm done. This will help too as I'm learning after effects at the moment and that thing is bad ass.

10. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I feel the the OKC and Heat game would be different if we were at home. We are right there, lets take these 5 games against the bottom feeders and reelvaute after that.

11. Baruch

Baruch Member

Someone made this lol

[​IMG]

12. qwertzy

qwertzy Member

referees sucks for a long time in nba

13. StevieCrossover

refs gotta make their money.

14. dragician

dragician Member

don't blame stern of that particular play.

hey guys, the good news is we can beat the heat...

15. dragician

dragician Member

Lin should know how to hammer punch his own tummy.

16. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

The first delay of game was almost identical. Beverly actually helped speed up the game, and they called a delay of game.

17. Baruch

Baruch Member

Sorry guys, I've to post this again with different angles. This is utterly amusing to see how Lebron's desperate to win this game :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

After a made basket, the ball doesn't have to go to the ref. Its a silly rule that is inconsistently called, but Howard did disrupt their flow by redirecting it to the referee. Again, it was a mental lapse on his part. We have too many of them.

19. dragician

dragician Member

typical problem in a young team.

20. eslate22

eslate22 Member

This happens all the time... Karl Malone was notorious for holding guards up to let hornacek or Stockton cut to the basket for an open layup... I never like to blame refs for a loss, but that delay of game on Dwight absolutely killed the momentum for the last 5 min... that being said, the game was still very winnable if we could have just made a few shots... harden took some bad 3s late