1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why did Mcfail put in Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheBeard, Mar 16, 2014.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I would have no problem with posters like you if you didn't hide and disappear on Lin's good nights.

2. archinkent

archinkent Member

He was definitely outcoached at the end. The Heat went small so Mchale followed. Should have stuck with the plan.

3. DreamEarlNolan

Jeremy didn't play well today, but he wasn't the reason the Rockets lost. I'm not sure why every game win or lose Lin is the hot topic. Jeremy was a big part of the Rockets four straight wins against Miami, Indiana, Orlando and Portland. Jeremy was the only player that played well against Chicago. Just wish every game didn't come down to a love or hate relationship with Jeremy.

4. W-Mac

W-Mac Contributing Member

First post in at least 4-5 years. Seen 95% of their games the past 2 years on League Pass while living in Vegas.

His "good" nights dont make up for the TO's, lack of defense, etc.

You realize he was -22 today, the only Rocket in double digits, right? He had a good 3 week run 2 years ago and got paid, good for him. Doesn't mean he should be playing 25+ mins a night for a team fighting for Home Court in the playoffs.

5. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

You win some and you lose some, the small ball line up didn't work today, but it didn't mean Mchale made the wrong move.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Your statement would have more validity if you would say that when he has his 20+, 30+ pt games also. Today was one of his worse games. His mean is 12.4 and 4.5 apg on 45fg%. Decent numbers for someone coming of the bench. His defense or lack there of is overblown by posters like you.

7. SunsRocketsfan

It wouldn't be a love hate relationship with him if he could stay consistent.

8. naesoon

naesoon Member

The team would have lost anyway. Lin was not the only player who struggled against the Heat! Stop being so freaking obsessed with him.

9. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Watch a game, Lin wasn't the reason the Rockets lost the game. I agree, I would have stayed with Dmo or Jones at the end of the game, but that is easy for me to say after the game is over. At least the Rockets competed this game.

10. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Shouldn't we discuss how our defense intensity wasn't there at crunch time?
    Shouldn't we talk about how the team missed assignment on Ray Allen when we were up by 5?
    Shouldn't we think why our small ball lineup didn't work with Heat's defense?

Why the heck are we talking about Lin?

Thread like this should be merged and just locked up. It helps nothing on improving our understanding where the team went wrong. I felt we fought hard and just missed a few steps and got some bad calls towards us. Overall the game was good, it was close. Much better than the Bulls' game, at least we fought hard.

11. naesoon

naesoon Member

Thank you for posting this!!!

12. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

Jlin's help d is atrocious, otherwise we should have won by a Lillard layup.

13. W-Mac

W-Mac Contributing Member

He doesn't have enough 20-30 point games to off-set the rest of his game.

Bottom line is Lin would never see the floor on a Championship team, but we've got him playing 25+ mins a night.

14. Akim523

Akim523 Member

How did you get that "bottomline" anyways?
    We are a championship team and hes seeing the floor.

15. Baruch

Baruch Member

If I were new here, I would wonder why the WIN/LOSS of a game was always on a particular bench player. Where are our superstars?

As far as I agree Lin might look a bit passive, honestly, if you did watch the game, you'd know he didn't have much touches on ball in this game though.

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

No,

today was not one of Lin's worse games.

Actually after the AS break, he is pretty steady with games like this.

Only he "played differently" in the Portland and Chicago games.

People complain about Lin's performance not being consistent, well they are wrong.

Lin is pretty consistent after the AS break, just consistently bad.

17. guanwangzhe

guanwangzhe Member

How about bull's game? Lin was hot, did mcfail run the hot hand?

18. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

Stupid thread and argument.

Going to read an engineering textbook to make up the loss of intelligence.

19. guanwangzhe

guanwangzhe Member

---------
    How about super star Harden's defense? Lin has guarded several top pg very well, and defended well at end of several past games this season. Are all the others including our "elite" players on the team consistent so far?

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I was going to bump the fire mchale when I was watching the game. Why did we go small? We had them cornered but then I remembered our annual season ending ritual collapse.