1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Refs got us again!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cml750, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We will see plenty more horrific officiating, especially in the playoff's.

2. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

My cat did the same thing

3. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

Yeah, when lebron plays

4. SacTown

SacTown Member

oh ok I get it now, the refs want LeBron to win so they tell Jlin and Bev to jack up contested 3 pointers during crunch time.... :rolleyes:

5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

There are definitely some calls in favor of Lebron because HE'S a ****ING SUPERSTAR...HUH!! That's one thing i hate about this game...why can't you be judged and be called fairly no matter what your status is?? Your damm job as an official is to call things fair....it doesn't matter what the status of a player is. Maybe we should start sending robots in as official so they don't have emotion and empathy and call things based on what they see.

6. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Guys, i was at the game today, and the heat fans around me are actually saying the refs helped them, 4 tech free throws for heat, zero for the Rox, three def three seconds and a delay of game,
    also there are phantom calls on wade and james layup, heat fans are saying i don't think he got fouled there right beside me,:mad:

Too bad i don't know how to past pics here, but it's a good game, both team played pretty smooth ball

7. SacTown

SacTown Member

You don't think Dwight and Harden are superstars? Dwight is the best center in the league. Do you have a problem when he gets calls? When LeBron retires and Harden is the #1 superstar in the league will you have a problem with him getting some superstar calls? Did you have a problem with Hakeem getting some calls?

8. SacTown

SacTown Member

What about when Harden shoulder checked Mario Chalmers in the first half causing JVG to comment on how bad of a missed foul that was? Did the Heat fans around you say anything about that one? The bad calls went both ways.

Harden also got that charging call which could have gone either way in the 4th qtr on LeBron. Why didn't LeBron get that superstar call??

9. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Post the video of the Heat not getting called for delay of game. It will get the attention of the league if you do.

10. SacTown

SacTown Member

Up until this game the Heat had lost 5 out of their last 6 games. Why did the refs let them lose those 5 games? I thought the refs were supposed to favor the superstar teams?

11. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

no, i guess they were just being harsh on their own team because they don't think the heat played up to their potential, besides thoes calls in the motion, there are those ridiculous tech free throws for delay of game and defensive 3 seconds which really got ray allen going, i think that's at least, what people at the game feels because they are not seeing why it's only being called on the rox

12. SacTown

SacTown Member

So, now Heat fans are classy? This is a new one. I guess if it benefits your cause to say Miami has the worst fans in the NBA, then to benefit your other cause to complain about the refs, say that the classy Miami fans were telling you that their team is getting all he calls.

As someone who lives in Miami and goes to many many games I can tell you that this did not happen. The Heat fans around you probably told you to GTFO and spit in your popcorn. There is no way they said "Aww man we're getting all the calls, the Rockets deserve better than this" and pat you on the back. LMAO! Come on man, admit that this did not happen to save face.

13. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I doubt the league is in cahoots with certain teams, I think it's just bad officiating, nothing to do with trying to get the Heat in the finals. Having said that, Wade is so freaking irritating. That one foul on Hamilton where the refs didn't even call it until Wade pointed to his arm and yelled at the ref. I knew they weren't winning when that happened. Most of the calls were going there way and that was a highlight of the calls.

14. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

i guess i didn't quite understand your logic, why would i need to lie to you to save my face, i just said what i heard around me, nobody is talking to me, they don't even know i am a rocket fan, lol

15. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I can BET you during the course of the game Miami did the same thing and wasn't called for no delay of game. That's something they can call EVERY play but pick in choose when they want too.

16. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I think the league wants certain players to look as good as possible. They'll go to any extent to make sure LBJ or KD gets that 25-30pts while winning.

17. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

To me, it wasn't that one call, though. It's just that for the last six minutes or so every single call seemed to be going Miami's way. And though the game was lost by then, that tech on Beverley was just ridiculous.

18. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

0-6 to end the game lost it for us. Lets complain about terrible passing and Lin and Bev jacking up terrible 3's at the end of the game. Refs sucked but its not the only reason we lost.

19. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

All thses calls occured in the clutch timeļ¼

20. Baruch

Baruch Member