1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NYPost] Rockets could make push for Carmelo (UPDATE: Blog post)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Zergling

Zergling Member

Plus it's easy to see Morey being forward-thinking enough to have a plan to get a decent C to backup Dwight. Draft pick, Albretch, Camby, or get a free agent to sign for cheap.

2. Wooglin

Wooglin Member

One free agent center this summer that is a Houston native is Emeka Okafor, perhaps he signs a one year deal for a small amount to get his value up. Meanwhile, they draft a young center and let him play all year in RGV to develop

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Our needs

Rondo > Caramel

4. SHARKLIN-SOUP

SHARKLIN-SOUP Member

If NY get Asik & Lin ...they might actually win :) ?

5. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Melo on this squad would be deadly, I honestly think he wouldn't take as many shots as he normally does and dish a lot more. The melo on the olympic squad was dangerous as hell.

6. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

7. SHARKLIN-SOUP

SHARKLIN-SOUP Member

Maybe Phil Jackson, who is not a fan of Melo...might just pull the trigger to get rid of Melo

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Care to expand??? :p

9. basketballholic

That depends on what the cap is next year. But if the cap goes to the projected $62.9 million, then IF the Rox could clear Lin/Jones/DMo/Garcia/Canaan/Covington...they could give Melo basically his max deal to sign away. And if Melo were willing to give up around $300,000 on his deal we could sign him and retain Canaan.

Like I said in another post..I have no doubt we could clear everybody but Lin. And I really think if we waited until after October 1st we would probably have a much better chance of clearing Lin as well.

10. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

Phil Jackson liked Lin even before Linsanity so I can see this happening.

1 person likes this.
  11. Penetrate&Creat

This.

Also isn't Phil Jackson now president of basketball operations at NY? Gives Melo even more of an incentive to stay... we'll see what happens though.

12. basketballholic

Here's the deal. We get speculation for a Melo trade and then turn it on Minny. If Minny loses our trade interest in Love because we acquire Melo it hurts their trade leverage if they have to move him at the deadline.

13. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

i don't know how i feel about this rumor. Melo's talented and all but i don't know if mixing his personality with Harden (has the tendancy to cruise and be lazy) and Dwight (a big goofy guy) is a good idea. I feel like putting them three together will just lead to heartbreaks i rather Houston wait and see if Jalen Rose's prediction of Kevin Durant coming to the Rockets will come true or not

14. Franchize

Franchize Member

Carmelo always needs the ball to be effective. We don't need another ISO guy on the perimieter. DO. NOT. WANT.

We should get someone to improve the bench than get someone who doesn't fit the team.

15. Classic

Classic Member

You're right. Melo as a 4 would be great in this system.

I'm glad the Rox featured Howard more this year because hopefully he'd be cool taking a back seat on offense to Harden and Melo. But even then, Dwight would likely flourish with more space. Tjones and Dmo ain't pulling 4s out of the lane.

We'd average 114 pts/ gm

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I would love Melo at the 4.

17. GTRockets

GTRockets Member

Would love Melo on this team. I hope this doesnt mean we have to give up Chandler though.

18. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Morey Vs Phil Jackson round 1.

19. SHARKLIN-SOUP

SHARKLIN-SOUP Member

Melo is not coming to Houston. His wife loves the NY city life too much!

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

and what honey nut cheerios wants, honey nut cheerios gets.;)