1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 3/13/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Mangina

Mangina Member

Lmao, if by down other, he means the mouth.

2. rokit

rokit Member

gotta give props to Dunleavy and Noah

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Story this a.m. was about 'warning signs.&quot; In past 3 gms, Rockets trailed by 16, 18, 29. This one should be face slap somehow missed before.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/444298839877382145">March 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Things things do happen. Happened to the Bulls two days ago. The real test is how a team responds.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/444299313620205568">March 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Mangina

Mangina Member

Dwight Showed McHale who's boss, since he called Noah the Defensive Player of Year.

5. jk103

jk103 Member

Well it happened already on Tuesday, so I guess this is how the team responds.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Let's hope that Chandler zips it from now on.

7. Throttle

Throttle Member

nba teams act abit like stocks which up n down days but there is a general trend, n in d case of rockets is up since jan. nobody can b hyped up for every single game n sometimes a slump is good to regain that desire to perform again...

my prediction is 4/5 seed n 3 if they get lucky.

8. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

THIS.

I'm still trying to figure out why McHale took Jeremy out in the first half when he was hot and the game got close....and why he waited so long to bring him in in the third.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Exactly when I saw that stupid picture on rockets twitter of most of the team eating I saw in their eyes the attitude was to put the okc game behind them without really learning from it.

10. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

A road loss against a hot team I can handle, but lack of effort and no heart disgusts me. Horrible gameā€¦but theses things happen.

A true championship contender will come out of this having learnt something, a pretender will do the same thing over & over again.

Let's just hope that we come out ready to kick some butt.

11. Andrew Wiggins

blame yourselves for acting like the rockets were contenders. the heat are going to stomp us and thats three losses in a row.

there are two teams that will make it to the finals in each conference. the rockets are not one of them. the clippers, spurs and thunder are. indiana is really just a place holder in the east. so miami, sa, okc, and lac are contending. heat will three peat though.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This was what I feared, but what I expected. After playing at a high level the first loss can lead to a let down that lasts a couple of games.

I had thought that if the Rockets bounced back tonight that would have been a huge sign in their favor. However they just hit the skids and sunk with this game. It's what Miami did, and what Indiana did.

It doesn't mean the Rockets aren't contenders because even great teams do this exact same thing, and Chicago has been hot.

It is disappointing, though.

1 person likes this.
  13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

By far the worst performance this season. We had no fire, desire or and heart. The Bulls like Mchale said whipped our a&&es all up and down the court tonight.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bwhahahahaha man you are off the chains. Every good team has lost 2-3 games in a row. I see know what many on here mean when they say Knee-jerk, and over-reaction.

LOL the Clippers hasn't proven sh&t so why are you saying they are contenders. When was the last time they made it to the WCF? I will wait for that one.

15. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Bizarre to see a game thread where everyone is criticized EXCEPT Lin.

Rockets are not a championship contender. They're getting better, they look like contenders for several games in a row. But the consistency is not there yet. Hopefully games like this will show the players that they need to be able to bring it every night.

16. torocan

torocan Member

Honestly, I'm less concerned about player consistency (that's never going to be perfect and improves with experience and age) than I am about in-game coaching adjustments.

During the regular season it costs you a win here and there. During the play offs, it can cost you a series.

I'm not looking forward to McHale vs Doc Rivers or Pops if the games are anywhere near close.

17. mag

mag Contributing Member

Beverly is a really asset for the team when he plays his role. I think something is getting to his head and tries to get too much attention and then becomes a liability for the team. I hope he goes back to his old self.

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It was a bizarre night. Seriously, when's the last time every single starter on the team sucked this bad in the same game?

I think they have enough talent to be a contender, but the mental part of the equation is what's always concerned me. This team looked unmotivated and weak out there tonight. How they can allow that to happen this close to the postseason is beyond me.

19. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Hey look at it this way... When we lose to Miami.. we'll be 15-5 in the last 20 games. Good thing we won the games we did.

20. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

That's what's so frustrating. Shots won't always fall, but you can always play with energy and effort. The Rockets looked like spectators just like the rest of us. They were not into the game at all; watching players back-cutting, and not defending at all.