1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 3/11/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

You should just save yourself the trouble and stop watching all together. Fake ass, fair weather fan.

2. brennan713

brennan713 Member

Any word on what Scotty Brooks said to Harden?

3. adobo

adobo Member

Keys to stopping Durant is to avoid fouling him. This allows him to get to his shooting rhythm from the line. The reason he gets so many foul shots because he has such long reach and very quick release that he gets hit generally around the elbow or just above it.

We need someone that also has a long reach and able to react quick. He must also ensure that he doesn't try to go for the block too hard, because that will generally mean hitting Durant on the elbow, instead just make it tough for him by putting your hand up and not bending it too much. Basically make him take the shots, but make it tough.

4. calcium

calcium Member

I noticed that too.
    Everytime he had a TO, 2 seconds later he is subbed out.

If I was a player, it's definitely cramp my style playing
    under such conditions.

Wouldnt complain if this was the case for all players, but from
    my observations, this treatment may be selective :)

Just my 2 cents.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

You instill a sense of fear for your opponent, and the sharks come to feast on it. I will guarantee this much, the Rockets will be fine if they are faced with playing the Thunder...Infact, I still think this constructed team is more talented and deeper than the Thunder.

Now that Beverly is clearly in Westbrook's head, Westbrook is gonna use that as motivation to play harder and jack up more shots...imo..Westbrook will be a reason the Thunder lose in any match with the Rockets this season. Have faith, and trust that our boys will be just fine come playoff time. OKC is a hard place to play, and our boys competed till the end. Its all you can ask for. Now its gonna be key to find out how to guard Kevin Durant...Parsons is clearly not doing anything to disrupt his game, and Durant has feasted on that matchup. Physicality affects Durant, and Parsons doesnt play physical defense out on the perimeter.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Everyone did! ;)

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

On to the next one

1 person likes this.
  8. adobo

adobo Member

After watching the game again, I really felt we got the Thunders to dig deep into this game. Those little scuffles we had with them during the match really made them more focused on this game and not worry about there past troubles and form.

I felt we may have helped Thunder get there form back

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Don't get upset guys, it is all part of the plan.

Ok, not really, but what I mean is that if we face these guys in the playoffs, I can almost guarantee that we will start with the small ball strategy, with Jones going to the bench, and one of Garcia or Hamilton starting in his place.

The number one thing that this would do is to draw Ibaka out of the paint, thus giving more more for Howard to operate. Of course, this is premised that our guys can make their outside at a decent clip.

Not worried at all.

10. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

Best takeaway of the game.after the game ended, no mediate head hanging or blaming like I saw early in season. They all met at halfcourt dapped each other up and kept their heads up.

We've arrived as a team

11. Crossoverth

Crossoverth Member

Agree

This I totally agree, especially when he hits wall try, got mixed it up. Jones does a better job picking and rolling

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

btw...Bev ill advised contest when Westbrick chucked up a deep three was just foolish(with the shot clock running down and there being 1:41 sec and only down by 5, the player you dont want shooting is Durant.) If Bev just contested without taking away his landing space, the Rockets wouldve been in terrific position to get a rebound, and attack going the other way.

Playing tough and smart is what made Shane Battier such a pest...Bev has all the tools except the "smartness." He must learn when to harness the "madness" and use it to his advantage. Westbrook has shown to play poorly if he gets emotionally involved, and he has cost his team games in the past. This is where coaching and situational play is so important.

I for one would love to have a rematch against OKC in the playoffs, because I believe in the depth of our team, and believe its far superior to OKC. GO ROCKETS...

13. Kid Canada

Kid Canada Member

disappointed in Bev. He was a classless act tonight.

14. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

So what's the excuse for losing tonight?!?! We can never beat elite teams in the west and it's very disappointing

15. Dementium

Dementium Member

Not really that upset to be honest. The team were within striking distance throughout.

If I had told you a week ago we would be 3-1 against Miami, Indiana, Portland and OKC all of you would have jumped on it.

16. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I am really surprised that the Rockets still haven't figured out how to utilize Howard yet. His best strength is on the defense, but he can do big damage to a lot of centers in the league, too, especially against those who don't have a big body with a physical style. He always has trouble to score against big physical defenders, just look back at how much trouble he had with Yao's defense before.

Howard cannot score when get the ball more than 12ft away from the basket, and he is not physical enough to get a deep post position against most centers in the NBA. He needs to get the ball on the move, not set with back to the basket. This requires a team effort with some scheme to get him free, while the ball handler is ready to pass. The Rockets is terrible at doing that now. They are better to figure out a way to do that, or will be out of playoff very quickly.

17. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

LOL... seriously, Carl? You know that's not possible.

That's the worst part (and has been for a year or so) about Clutchfans... The Lin and Bev arguments. That, and the McHale bashing.

If you can't tell this team NEEDS Bev's toughness, mindset and demeanor, you haven't been watching NBA playoff basketball very long. Does he need to learn how and when to tone it down, sure. But, this team needs that from him.

Additionally, THIS team, as constructed, needs Lin to be aggressive and productive - which he's proven capable of doing. Recently, before the last few games he's been far from that, however. The bashing of both is unreal around here.

I realize many of the LOF's are so far out there it's comical at times. But, many of the LOH's are almost just as bad.

I don't understand why it's so hard to pull for both of them. They are Houston Rockets and for this team to be successful, they both need to play their roles effectively, which they've shown they can do. Experience hopefully brings more consistency.

McHale proved me wrong, as I didn't want him as our coach. But, in today's NBA, managing ego's and personalities is as important as anything. Getting the player's respect is key - and he's proven to be very good at that. To believe this team is where it's at in spite of him is ridiculous.

If you're a TRUE Rocket fan - chill out and enjoy this. It's been a LONG, LONG time since we've had the type of feelings this team is giving us and it's likely going to only get better over the next couple of years. The last couple of months I've had some of the same feelings I remember from the championship teams.

"Can't we all just get along...." lol

18. Andrew Wiggins

From this thread and a couple of others there was no excuse tonight. The better team won. The Clippers offense crushes us and the OKC defense stifles us. In a half court game game when it slows down they still have the best player/scorer in Durant.

Both the Clippers and Thunder have an elite PG and PF where we are weakest. They can save all of their energy to do what they want on offense or block shots because the players they're guarding suck offensively.

19. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Did y'all see Tim Legler on BSPN tonight? Dude is salty. He was hating bad on Bevs last season. Needs to get off Westbrook's dong

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I ripped him earlier, but I think this is a little bit of a knee-jerk conclusion. Tonight is the first time he's played irresponsibly, IMO. I wish the first meeting between him and Westbrook had been at TC so he could have gotten that (probably) nervous energy out of his system in a much less hostile environment. He will always be hated/vilified in OKC and just needs to accept that and let it go. Aside from tonight, I think he generally does a good job of channeling his emotions in a positive/productive way.