1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Cypress

Cypress Member

//thread

2. jackycool

jackycool Member

Barring injury or a losing streak, Lin's role should remain the same. Regardless of if people think this is a slump or his true colors, he can and has played better, and although he is playing like hot garbage you can't just throw that away for an unproven rookie.

It would be better to for McHale and the Rockets to do whatever they can to get him out of his funk than to toss him to the wayside for Canaan, even temporarily. His confidence is looking pretty low now, the team doesn't need a permanent benchwarmer.

Hopefully this is part of the excruciating growing pains of Jeremy Lin. But Morey would sign a veteran before even thinking of promoting Canaan.

3. Mr. Space City

at least schaub was once a good player.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Sooo.... you think they should change their system for Jeremy Lin????.... Since they have had the best record of any team in the league since the beginning of the year when Jeremy Lin has been slumping?

Makes total sense.

5. cmellon

cmellon Member

I am neither LOF nor LOH. But for Lin to get out of this slump (coz he isn't this bad of a player), he needs to quit reading internet and online forum, and he must ignore all the haters.

He must have the attitude of "Who TF give a #### about what you all think. You don't even play NBA, and you will never be as good as me and earn as much money as me. So go ahead and keep criticizing me, and I'm just going to laugh and enjoy my life."

As long as he still plays the good guy role, concerns about what fans think, concerns how fans view him and how he can please others, he's going to keep degressing.

1 person likes this.
  6. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Jeremy, where are thou go? You can't make open 3s but make contested, end of the shot clock, couple steps away from the 3 pt line shots? I am confused.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LoFs never cared about the rockets winning. If they said they do, they are lying.

If Jeremy continues to suck, then the only positive we have him for is marketing.

He's not Yao Ming, he's Tim tebow

8. SPBR

SPBR Member

It's not what I'm saying. I'm hoping it's a slump. What I'm saying is that it's clear we're not going to change the system for him. As a team, the Rockets need to move him soon. Why waste a roster spot on a player you know clearly sucks in current system.

9. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

longest thread ever..you guy's really love/hate Lin. I didn't get to watch the game because Lin only played 15 minutes but to defend everyone bashing against the Rocket's bench getting outscored by the Miami bench. You DO see the Box score right? Like everyone isn't blind when the Miami bench has 24 fga from the bench while the Rockets have a measily 15 fga. I think Miami should've played Chris Anderson longer minutes since Bosh wasn't doing anything all game.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

They tried to move him this Summer, and tried again throughout the season leading up to the trade deadline. Despite what Morey and McHale say in public they aren't idiots.

However with the talent he has and 8 million on the cap next year that isn't going away, I give them credit for really trying everything they can to make this guy successful to contribute to this team somehow. Starting, coming off the bench, small ball 2 guard, off the ball, on the ball, pick and roll, etc. McHale has tried just about everything within the Rockets system to allow Lin to be successful but he just has never found a sustained role.

Lin will probably have a few more huge moments this year (actually I will put money on the fact that he will be responsible for winning a game for the Rockets this year with a magical performance at some point) but the frustrating thing is he's going contribute to 3 poor performances for every 1 good performance.

That's just the nature of who Jeremy Lin is as a basketball player, and they have to start thinking about choosing stability over combustibility. I commend McHale and Morey for their efforts in trying this hard for this long to make this project player work out somehow on this team. It makes sense though since he's obviously here this year and next for good to at least give it a little bit longer to try and work it out, but I don't think i would have as much patience if I was in their shoes quite honestly.

11. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

no.... not really

12. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

btw, Mario Chalmers and Shane Battier had as many shots as Lin, hell I think Chris Anderson almost had as many(3) so with Lin's 5 shots I don't think there's much room for complaint on Lin's part. You Rocket fans are complaining about someone who barely even gets to touch the ball, you guys are almost as bad as ripping apart Kendrick Perkins for getting more points. I think Rocket fans should worry more about winning with their starters and playing them 40 mpg than about improving the bench because unlike the Clippers and Indiana with their deep bench, the Rockets have a very mediocore to weak bench.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You are not doing your kind any favors.

14. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

Well at the rate Lin's playing, he may get up to a max of 18 ppg if he can just nail 6 3 pters since that's his cap of shots allowed per game. Also, this must be done within 15 minutes. The only way Lin is going to go off again is if Beverly breaks his arm again or Harden is out. Plus as the dumb poster was asking why Lin wasn't traded, it's because no one wants to pay Lin 15 million next year. The Rockets may need to GIVE a first round pick to get rid of Lin. If they couldn't get rid of Asik do you think they have any chance to get rid of Lin? You guys are stuck with these 2 until 2015, so just suck it up until then.

15. Mr. Space City

2 pro bowls, pro bowl mvp, and 2009 passing yards leader.

16. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

god I'm just kidding, I got home too late after the game ended. I'm still going to watch it on my stream. It's a good game regardless if Lin plays or not.

17. jms99

jms99 Member

We're not Lin Haters. We just see it objectively.

Lin got outscored by Beasley, one of the worst players of all time. That means Lin is among the worst players of all time. We do real analysis.

How many times did Jordan score only 7 points? uh. Never?

18. iamdesperado

iamdesperado Member

Can you image if Harden didn't come to Houston two years ago? Lin, face of the franchise? Thank god it didn't happen!

19. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

omg probowls tell the whole story!!

sorry i forgot

:rolleyes:

20. Mr. Space City

but lin fans would have loved lin putting up empty stats on a terrible team