1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Update: I was able to average down to 4.89 and sold at 6.80 avg on approval for $8k.

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Big jump for TSLA today after the Morgan Stanley report. Time to cash out? Its up about 90% since I bought it a few months ago.

3. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

HALO earnings thursday..

potential data PR too.. dont miss out

4. mikus

mikus Member

Prana(PRAN) popped for me today. Got out at 11.10, made about 15%.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Since I am a Tesla owner now I get the hype behind the car. I firmly believe the movement started by Tesla and Elon Musk is the beginning of the end for fossil fuel energy production. That said an obscene amount is being taken for granted on that recent report. Since I've had the car I've done a good bit of reading on what will be limiting Tesla's growth going forward and it is battery production. It is a very large task to rapidly expand battery production and they need significant advancements in technology. I don't think this energy storage thing that Morgan talks about is even close to being on Elon's mind with these lithium ion batteries. Maybe if lithium sulfur batteries get developed then they might be right.

All that said I would look to take some profits or sell some call options against your stock. It might squeeze higher for a blow off top, but there is nothing wrong with banking some profits here.

6. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

DANG is my primary long position for 2014.

Incredible earnings report last week.

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Are you in Texas? How was the process of buying the Tesla in the state? Was it complicated?

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Nothing to it. Go check out the car at the Galleria showroom. Sign up for a test drive. Go make the purchase at tesla.com. Wait for car to arrive in 8-10 weeks.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It was a little screwy, but pretty easy cause I bought an inventory model. I had the car in my possession like a week after I test drove it. It was actually the 2nd car I test drove. I told the guy how much I liked the look of it and he said I could buy the car I was driving. Tesla has made some changes to their inventory model buying process because they were selling so many inventory cars that they didn't have enough for test drives and loaners.

Basically, the car had 3000 miles on it so I got 7500 off the MSRP and then I was still able to get the 7500 EV tax credit too.

The only downside that Tesla doesn't really talk about too much is how much the range gets hurt when it is cold outside. Not a major problem being in Austin, but if I was in a cold weather climate I would not get the P85+ model (it has the 21" wheels and it's heavier...they look bad ass but they are less efficient) and I probably wouldn't get a Tesla at all.

But outside of that the car is amazing...I was stuck in traffic a couple days ago and I had my windows down and I had 3 different people holler at me asking me about it and letting me know it was an awesome car lol. I had some guy randomly give me a high five last night when I was leaving downtown when he saw that it was my Tesla lol.

Lastly, I love this car. Best car ever. I almost feel like I am out spreading the electric vehicle gospel now. It's just flat out superior in so many aspects to combustion cars. I still catch myself wondering if my car is on every so often because it is dead silent when you are stopped.

10. s land balla

What are you guys buying today? Market seems to be on sale due to Ukraine.

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Unlikely .img

12. s land balla

DANG has been on an absolute tear!

13. s land balla

^This!

14. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

What has been causing DANG and VIPS to gap up so much today? I know both companies posted solid earnings, but is there anything else as well? Tensions easing between Russia/Ukraine?

15. mikus

mikus Member

Do you guys have an exit point for DANG? It's up over 17 today.

16. s land balla

This is the first time DANG has reported a profit in eleven quarters.

I've been in and out of DANG for the past 2+ years. This time I'm locked in at $11.35 and plan on holding until $50.

Tomorrow, DANG will be announcing their partnership with Wal-Mart-backed Yihaodian.

17. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

HALO on alert

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

If that's what is driving it up then I would sell on the day they announce it.

The old saying is "Buy the rumor, sell the news"

19. s land balla

The article I linked to is from 2/21, but the official announcement will be tomorrow.

If it surges again tomorrow, it will be hard not to sell.

20. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Holding until $50? What did you end up doing here?