1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

In before "WHAT DO YOU MEAN CULTURE?!?!, RACISTT"

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin's biggest problem is that he just isnt that good.

3. PeppermintCandy

He's just an athlete, who like every other athletes has his string of streaks and slumps. People try too hard to read a larger narrative into his ups and downs.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lin is probably better off if he tried to play more like a SG than a PG. In my opinion, Lin is a ball dominant SG with good playmaking capabilities.

He has advantages that most other PGs don't have (finishing well around the rim, very good dribble penetration), and he has disadvantages that a lot of PGs don't have (shakey handles, inability to keep the dribble alive consistently).

A lot of his turnovers seem to result from his need to create for others, as a result he often forces passes that just doesn't work and lead to turnovers. He also seems to get stuck between wanting to shoot and wanting to make a play.

Lin should probably focus on scoring first, and let the playmaking come to him. I don't think he has the ball handling abilities to be your typical PG, but he tries to be one despite that and it isn't working for him. He is leading the 2nd unit and should focus on scoring.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Bingo. He's a shooting guard trying to play point guard since he's only 6'3". If he would just resign to the fact that he is better off being a shoot first guard, he would help the team more.

The fact that he passes up open shots frustrates me more than anything else he does.

6. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

So?

Bill also ripped Asik a new one when he started pouting,so this is really no surprise
    If Lin continues to Play like Trash I would say it too

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I thought we would see the 2nd half of last season Lin. But we get the hot garbage 1st half of last season Lin. Bwhahaha
    come Lin

8. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Yep. His handles also aren't good enough to play PG, it's not just his bad decision-making. He is indeed an undersized shooting guard. My biggest fear is when Lin tries to play point guard in the playoffs, he is a turnover waiting to happen. LOF's need to understand, we don't get on Lin's case because we enjoy it, we get on his case because Lin's success plays a significant role in the team's success.

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

While I agree with your assessment to some degree, let's keep it real. Some of you enjoy it. In fact you enjoy it so much that when he plays good it makes you sick. That's where my problem lies.

Lin is a Rocket. When he plays poorly it hurts the Rockets. Lin has been playing poorly albeit not as bad as some on here would have you believe but still less than adequate.

I was hoping for much more from him and he hasn't delivered but contrary to popular opinion he is not completely terrible. As everyone claims he has fallen he still shot 38% from the arc, 80% from the line with 4.5 assists and 3.5 rebounds in 27min pg in the month of February. Compare that to Beverly and the line isn't that different.

Yes I will be the first to acknowledge the intangibles Beverly brings with his tenacity are a factor that you can not deny and the fact that his 3 point shooting has improved so much that the separation between the two has clearly widened. But Lin is mostly a benefit coming off the bench as opposed to a glaring weakness that many on here scream every day.

In the end blame McHale for his minutes if you hate him so much. Lin doesn't get to pick when he is on the floor. Beverly could play more minutes and cut into Lin's time. Canaan could play more. Why not blame the coach and not hate on Lin so much. I for one think McHale is managing his rotations almost perfectly as of late but if you want to hate someone hate McHale. He calls the shots.

Look at TJones, his had his ups and downs yet the level of hate if any is nowhere near what it is for Lin. The hate is unmatched by any active Rockets player and ridiculous, especially considering he is a good guy and a strong Christian who just plays hard every game. I don't get it. Please explain that when you try to justify the criticism.

#6149 Old Man Rock, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  10. FeaR

FeaR Member

I don't understand why you want to start this conversation again ... The extreme criticism to jeremy is a combination of his hype,salary,expectations,followers,performances etc.

Why i must criticize TJ so harsh ... He is a sophomore ... Last year he played for a few minutes ... It is logical to be incosistent.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

TJones is a 22 year old 2nd year player. Beverley is a min wage free agent. Lin makes $8million. When TJones sucks, we just sit him. If Beverley sucks we can just cut him. When Lin sucks we're screwed. Lin needs to become irrational confidence guy and unfortunately he's stuck in reverse. He's basically got two months to figure it out because we can't win a title without that scoring punch off the bench.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't understand the hate against Jeremy Lin.

13. Old Man Rock

This is the stupidest of stupid arguments. Lin didn't ask for that money. Les threw it at him. In fact Les threw the first amount and then upped the ante to make it even more compelling to sign with us. Did you want him to be as stupid as your argument and throw it away.

And the other points are just as stupid. If Lin was making just as much money as Beverly they would never cut him because as bad as you think he is at Bev's salary he is a bargain. A great bargain. Again if he sucks as much as you claim why not give Canaan and Garcia his minutes and why increase Bevs minutes. Hate lin all you want but use some honesty in your hate and not some stupid argument.

14. Old Man Rock

Why do you want to keep bringing up your stupid hate over and over again. These are some of the oldest arguments regurgitated like you got acid reflux of the brain. We know your hate stems from 99% hate of Asian followers and 1% all the other crap. If it was the other stuff you would be on here shouting his success. Enough with the bullshlt. At least be honest with your crap.

15. ProjectRockets

It's a strange new world when people like AroundtheWorld don't understand hate...(unless my sarcasm meter is off), and people like CometsWin blindly hate and make stupid comments and arguments devoid of reason...all the while Clutch stays silent in the shadows. Basketball aside, Lin does seem to bring out the best and worst in people (highlighting certain truths about people/society) especially people you don't normally expect ugliness out of. Disappointing and shameful.

16. FeaR

FeaR Member

You are a contributing member ... search my posts to see my hate ... I will send you to my ignore list ... Do the same please ...Bye

17. NullNexus

NullNexus Member

Maybe it’s because Lin is playing horribly but I haven’t seen too many LOF fans around lately yet while people mentioning LOF to troll is up significantly. How many threads / posts do we need to talk about how bad Lin is playing? We have 40 wins and there are talks about Rockets making a championship run yet talking about Lin’s slump is more important?

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No one hates Lin, but the excuses fans make when he plays bad are annoying.

Particularly, because Jeremy doesnt make excuses, he just puts his head down and gets back to work.

We do need him to pick it up though, he is slumping.

DD

19. NullNexus

NullNexus Member

LOL, emotional maturity of 5 year old. Not you personally but your comment.

20. FeaR

FeaR Member

I think i am mature enough ... and old enough not to enter in a fight with delusional people ... I can't understand where is my maturity problem ... i said my opinion. Period. Suddenly he attacks me that I have some personal vendetta against Asian people ... I joined this forum to talk about Rockets Basketball not to be accused as a racist.