1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Valid concern. For a Harvard graduate, he sure has a low BBall IQ.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is one of the main reasons I hate the lof , they refuse to know anything about rockets history.

The lof also claim that Houston is not an Asian centric city. They've insulted like all of alief and every business near the tollway. Never mind that they can't find Houston on a map.

Rockets fans are the only real Lin fans anyways. We don't care what race he is , we want him to play his best.

2 people like this.
  3. vator

vator Contributing Member

^^^ Good stuff Tinman! Preach!!!

4. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

That's not changing with Lin, so what's the risk with Canaan?

I mean there is absolutely nothing that Canaan can do worse than Lin. Lin is absolutely awful right now, but I feel playing Canaan will further demoralize Jeremy. I mean he's just playing like the worst ever....turnovers, no assists, missing open shots. He's playing with no confidence and no enthusiasm. I see him being demoralized as the only risk to playing Canaan.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lin missing shots is fine. Those things come and go, so it's attributable to a slump.

A lot of the mistakes he makes however are not due to a slump. He makes inexcusable turnovers, and has a poor habit of picking up his dribble in the lane.

I won't be surprised if some of the mistakes he has been making is contributing to his shooting slump. He just needs to stop trying to make these high risk plays (like full court passes that are too difficult to catch) and fancy passes, and just do what he does best. He is a good dribble penetration threat, so stick with it and the rest comes along.

6. vator

vator Contributing Member

Hopefully this isn't what is happening here. Remember Rick Ankiel? Dude was an amazing pitching prospect in the Cardinals organization and then one day he just couldn't get the ball over the plate consistently anymore and had to be moved to the outfield. Epic meltdown. Can Jeremy play right field?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Ankiel

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KDZX525CSvw?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Remix02

Remix02 Member

I'm pretty sure he got hurt the same game Harden hurt his elbow. He was wincing and trying to push off his leg. He's had no zip and no lift since. This last game after that fast break where (Dmo? or Casspi?) threw that full court pass out ahead of him, when he was coming back he was wincing.

1 person likes this.
  8. rawdeele

rawdeele Member

Lin needs a slump buster.

9. allaroundplayer

James Harden is a joke too.

Has to play PF on defense because he can't guard anybody on the perimeter....

1 person likes this.
  10. TheJet

TheJet Member

That was one of the most astonishing and sad things I've ever seen happen to an athlete. Has it happened in the NBA? I don't recall a promising player suddenly just washing out and throwing up airballs. Lin has to get better. He'll probably have a crazy hot streak for three or four games and the war will be back in full effect here.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This is very problematic.

It is not just missing shots, it is just consistency terrible choices on the court. I really cannot understand how he is still driving into traffic and picking up his dribble.

12. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

I agree. It's become unwatchable and laughable sad to say. He doesn't look like he belongs in an NBA rotation at all. Either he's injured or mentally not there. Because I think we can all agree, LOHs and LOFs, that his first half of the season was infinitely better than the second.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is all mental with him, he is one sharp dude but seems to really struggle with stuff and hangs his head whenever he makes a mistake leading to more mistakes.

DD

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Well yeah... it's hard to argue against thinking this way at this point. I agree w/ you regarding demoralization, though -- I'd posted the same thing in the game thread from last night. I think Hamilton and DMo getting consistent burn may have been motivating for Casspi and T. Jones, but giving Canaan minutes would probably have the opposite effect on Jeremy.

15. Doktor Mndbndr

McHale's way of decreasing Lin's minutes a few a game isn't the way to do it. Lin has to sit, period. Zero minutes.

The same way an alcoholic has to hit rock bottom before they will reflect and eventually hit the mental reset button. It's better to have him sit a few games, even up to 10 or 15, and get him back at 100% mentally for the remainder of this season and next, than to drag this out.

The better way is to have a coach, involved agent, or sports psychologist etc., guide him properly, but that's not happening is it?, so might as well let it be Canaan time for awhile.

16. Exel

Exel Member

Looks like he's pressing out there now. His shot isn't falling and he's trying to force things on offense. His defense is still there. He just needs to let the game come to him and keep shooting.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think people are freaking out too much

Lin is obviously a confidence player, he will hit his slumps, but he probably will bounce back at some point

My concern is will be hit a slump in the playoffs? cuz that's all it matters really. he really needs to develop consistency if he wants to be relevant in the NBA, or else he will come off the bench in every team.

18. amak316

amak316 Member

Ive played a game for a living for the last decade (poker) and one thing I have consistently noticed is that smart people tend to get into their own head exponentially more than their less smart counterparts. Ignorance really is bliss often as far as confidence goes.

19. Razsan

Razsan Member

Just a perspective here but Lin is a very popular player and that was part of the appeal in signing him. I CAN NOT see him being benched for 10-15 games or any prolonged period.

20. adobo

adobo Member

No that is just plain wrong. For most players, that would have an opposite effect, and if they somehow got off the slump they would despise the coach and the team for just putting them aside.

The best way to do it is to get the player focused on Basketball instead of everything around it.

If I was the coach I would give him the support and try to give him small goals to achieve on the court which he has to get no matter what.

At the start of the 2nd qtr for example, when he is with the majority of bench players, make him the mini captain on the court and he has to rally the team to outscore the opponents by at least 5 points in that 5-7 minute stretch. He can call a time out when he feels he needs to get the troops re-focused or something while the coach just support him on the side.
    Basically give him ownership for periods on the court, you will find that will make him focus on the game rather than being too self aware on the court

1 person likes this.