1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Ben Gordon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fmontana10, Feb 21, 2014.

1. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Rather see Ben than Casspi or Garcia at this moment.

2. rocketsmetalspd

Garcia and Casspi have been a disappointment this season. I was hoping these two players would be able to help the team.

3. Fighton

Fighton Member

highly doubt lin will leave the rotation. he has been shaky the past few games, yes, but just like he has done numerous times when he hits a slump, he will eventually come out of it. you manage his minutes but keep playing him.

what i think this means, is that it's evident that you can't have lin be the only offensive option off the bench, especially with the way casspi and garcia have been playing (and no, asik is still not a viable second offensive option off the bench). if lin is your only offensive option off the bench, you're screwed if he's in a slump, because then you're forced to play the starters more minutes then you'd like, which is what we're seeing now. that's why we have seen a lot of harden/lin lately and not much of lin/bev. having gordon will help take some pressure off of lin when he's not scoring well, without putting in the starters earlier then you'd like.

speaking of which - man what happened to the guy. ben gordon was a very, very good offensive player not too long ago. i remember watching him as the man in chicago when l lived there in '05. he could light it up big time.

having gordon around would be good for lin, i would think. they both have a lot in common.

4. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Clippers are trolling us at this point. How can you be rumored to be looking at EVERY PLAYER that gets bought out? I'm gettin mad:mad:

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

How can the clippers sign so many guys? Aren't they over the cap?

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If you have open roster spots you can always sign players to reach the maximum. However you are restricted to league minimum offers at different levels (rookie level or vet min.) or mid-level exceptions that the team might still have or not have available.

1 person likes this.
  7. arjun

arjun Member

maybe ben gordon could be our TRUE 6th man...not a poser like jlin.

8. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Repped

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

got stuck with bad organizations after he left chicago to get paid. him and d rose could have been a legit backcourt had he stayed longer.

10. Clarinetmonster

When you say only scorer off the bench are you taking into account Hamilton's emergence? Or do you mean specifically a creator/facilitator off the bench? It looks like we'll be getting some pretty good O out of Hamilton as far as shooting and a bit of slashing. Haven't seen Ben Gordon play since I lived in Chi when he first came on. Dude could get buckets for sure - wouldn't mind having him.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The only people we can really cut are Smith, Casspi or Garcia. I'm not willing to cut any of the frontcourt guys to replace them with a PG/SG.

Right now we only have D-Mo and Jones at PF, and those guys are wildly inconsistent since they're still adjusting to big minutes. Casspi and Smith are not helping this team right now, but at least they provide cover at a thinner position.

12. vator

vator Contributing Member

I've honestly been surprised that they haven't been rumored to be trying to sign Marcus Camby.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Thunder is the latest team to express interest in guard Ben Gordon, source says. Gordon continues to work on a buyout w/ Bobcats.</p>&mdash; Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) <a href="https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/statuses/439509729602441216">February 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Unlike the other teams who'd previously expressed interest in Gordon, OKC is open to a deal that would preserve BGs free agency this summer</p>&mdash; Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) <a href="https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/statuses/439510951298355200">February 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Fighton

Fighton Member

no i'm not taking into account hamilton's emergence. it's only been two games so i'm not banking on it too much. there's gotta be a reason why he didn't get any playing time in denver. a change in scenery usually yields good results for people but being able to sustain it is another story.

15. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Thunder and Clippers loading up, and the Rockets will stick with Garcia and Casspi ... Crazy..

16. allaroundplayer

Clippers & OKC are planning to win the Championship by giving buyouts 1 year deals while Daryl Morey is planning to get eliminated obviously since he is offering buyouts 2 year deals.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, if the Thunder are only offering a 1 year deal, I see Gordon going there.

18. htown1984

htown1984 Member

i dont undertand that crap of 2 yr deal.. Just get him for this year and thats it.. Why do you want a damn Team Option (Yea it might be worth it if he plays great, but obiviously he wants to test the market next yr.. so just get him to help in the playoff run

19. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Why wouldnt you just offer 1 yr? Why is Morey or other teams wanting to offer 2 yrs>??

20. allaroundplayer

It's because Morey doesn't have his priorities straight & he is also very egotistical.